• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SephLuis

Okay, I need some tips on how to play the footsie game with Juri.

I normally use s.mk and s.hk as the tools, since I cannot combo d.mk very well and it doesn't have a much too good range. I am trying to use her projectile on the ground so it covers my approach, but not having much success either.

Anyone care to give a few primers regarding Juri footsies ? I need a light

Damn the online community has ranked up. I swear, if I had my current skill about 2 months ago, I'd be gold easilly. As it is, I'm just holding on to S silver.

That said, just had the BEST set in ranked.
A young upstart necalli just stuffed me for two mirror match games. He ranked up, I ranked down. Always bugs me to get thrashed by a lower level player.
Anyways, played some more, then ran into the same guy.
I remembered his playstyle, and had been thinking about how he was able to beat me so easily, and took him on with that in mind.
It was even as hell, I took the first game, him the second. Came down to the 3rd, finally last round.
Both close to death, I get the knockdown, rush in... and a little voice in my head says 'dp coming'.
Bam. I rank up, he ranks down. Sunrise, Sunset.

molnizzle

That said, just had the BEST set in ranked.
A young upstart necalli just stuffed me for two mirror match games. He ranked up, I ranked down. Always bugs me to get thrashed by a lower level player.
Anyways, played some more, then ran into the same guy.
I remembered his playstyle, and had been thinking about how he was able to beat me so easily, and took him on with that in mind.
It was even as hell, I took the first game, him the second. Came down to the 3rd, finally last round.
Both close to death, I get the knockdown, rush in... and a little voice in my head says 'dp coming'.
Bam. I rank up, he ranks down. Sunrise, Sunset.

it's like poetry

mbpm1

Okay, I need some tips on how to play the footsie game with Juri.

I normally use s.mk and s.hk as the tools, since I cannot combo d.mk very well and it doesn't have a much too good range. I am trying to use her projectile on the ground so it covers my approach, but not having much success either.

Anyone care to give a few primers regarding Juri footsies ? I need a light

why can't you down Mk well?

Not sure where you're going wrong with those buttons; they're good. I like using all the buttons in some way or another I've found.

For me I tend to avoid overusing st. hk though, it's a bit slow for my liking and -4 ends your turn. St. mk is good range, climbs over some lower buttons and is still -4 but is faster startup. i use mk primarily. St. hk from farther range to catch buttons, rarely in range to hit.

Cr/. mp seems to actually be around the same range as cr. mk, figures for SFV, so you can use that buffered into lk flip or one of her charge moves if you want as a counterpoke in footsies.

I don't focus too heavily on her fireball, 50 slow damage and not particularly fast recovery means I only toss it out when I want some wakeup pressure or to make some moves safe most of the time, except for characters with slower jumps/fireball options like Gief.

For her sweep I use it to check people low when I think they'll stand for whatever reason, but also when they're trying to find the answer to st. mk/cr mp because it usually beats the buttons they would use in that case.

St. hp I don't use much in footsies, but when I do it's usually to act similarly to cr. mp in that I can buffer it into a move and it hits high where cr. mp hits low.

st lk is decent check on a cr. mk or similar buttons. If you can buffer it into pinwheel without having it come out on whiff (I can't really yet) it's better.

and of course, I use pinwheel in footsies to annoy people. a hit is +2 and it's fast enough to be hard to punish when not predictable. They still can but focusing on punishing it means they can't react to my buttons/walk up/dash up/throw

KingBroly

Banned
Managed to bring my Save Data over. At least I managed to save that, somehow. So once my middle finger completely heals, I can do Juri's 10th Trial.

xabi

Summer classes? Damn, you're a warrior...

On the first match when I saw "Karin level 41" I was like "oh shut fucked, hes been training a lot".. lmao. We def. both leveled up

It's pretty rare for me to play that much in a single lobby, usually after like 2-3 sets I lose all focus and stop... But we were pretty evenly matched near the end and those great matches kept me awake. Reminds me of the lobbies I have with ShotoXabi too, we should all train together :p

Definitely up for some games! I sent you an invite yesterday but it looked like you were finishing up. I'll probably be on this afternoon...

LakeEarth

How long do you think that I'll be able to keep stealing wins by using Balrog's super through fireballs? It's seriously just Abel's ultra 1, if it did all of its damage in was 1 hit. It's amazing.

I bitched about Alex's throw and command grab range for the longest time, but today I ran across an ehubs article that displayed the cast's throw range data. All this time I thought that his throw range was just crap, but apparently his hurt boxes extend farther outward than anyone else's (because his center is very far back). My entire problem with his ranges might have been purely psychological in the sense that I'd get punished for trying to throw (command or otherwise) from ranges that other characters find perfectly safe. So... in order for me to grab I have to move even closer in than other characters at the risk of getting blown up.

Am I missing something here? This shit is why I wish SFV training mode had hitbox display from day 1.

Nash doesn't have too many bad MUs, but I think his are Vega, FANG, Balrog, and maybe Chun. Sim is an annoying matchup, but I'm still not sure if I consider it bad.

LakeEarth

Why do people drop after Gold rank? There's no more achievements, there's nothing but a false rank that'll match you to players who are way better than you. Then you lose more. So you drop more. It's confusing.

FluxWaveZ

Nash doesn't have too many bad MUs, but I think his are Vega, FANG, Balrog, and maybe Chun. Sim is an annoying matchup, but I'm still not sure if I consider it bad.

There is no way that Balrog is a bad MU for Nash (or FANG, for that matter). Every single MU for Balrog is either 5:5 or bad for him.

That FANG matchup is certainly not bad though. Sure, you can't play hit-and-run style and expect it to work but Nash is such a versatile character that he can definitely output adequate offense to consistently beat FANG.

There is no way that Balrog is a bad MU for Nash (or FANG, for that matter). Every single MU for Balrog is either 5:5 or bad for him.

It might be 4.5-5.5. I think Balrog has a slight advantage here when he gets in, because Nash has no good escape options, but that applies to Rog too so I don't know.

That FANG matchup is certainly not bad though. Sure, you can't play hit-and-run style and expect it to work but Nash is such a versatile character that he can definitely output adequate offense to consistently beat FANG.

FANG keeps out Nash really well, and no 3 framer puts him at the mercy of FANG's frame traps. I need more experience in this MU tbh, because I don't think I'm playing it the right way.

FluxWaveZ

It might be 4.5-5.5. I think Balrog has a slight advantage here when he gets in, because Nash has no good escape options, but that applies to Rog too so I don't know.

Nash has a good V-Reversal and his V-Trigger. This is far more than what some other characters without reversals have. If that's the argument, Nash would also be considered at a disadvantage against grapplers.

bLLL8g9.png

The salt is unreal.

FANG keeps out Nash really well, and no 3 framer puts him at the mercy of FANG's frame traps. I need more experience in this MU tbh, because I don't think I'm playing it the right way.
If you can learn the matchup then you'll realize what traps(heh) people tend to fall into against FANG.

Learning when to press buttons and when not to is key.

EDIT: You can also pull a Ryu and just play ultra defensive and heavy tatsu once in a blue moon since his shit doesn't work if you're a full screen away and jumping. Technically, Nash can even do it better in this matchup.

If you can learn the matchup then you'll realize what traps(heh) people tend to fall into against FANG.

Learning when to press buttons and when not to is key.

I think today I'm just gonna lab FANG up and memorize his frame data and what his moves look like. Then develop some strats for him, since he's consistently being a pain in my ass, and I barely run into him online. Nash still can't press buttons because his fastest button is 4F right?

I think today I'm just gonna lab FANG up and memorize his frame data and what his moves look like. Then develop some strats for him, since he's consistently being a pain in my ass, and I barely run into him online. Nash still can't press buttons because his fastest button is 4F right?

His cowards crouch kick is +2 oB, but it moves him forward pretty much as close as possible, so a delayed tech is almost always the way to go there.

His st.hk is +1 oB so again, delayed tech is reliable but V-reversalling out of it is the safest option. And maybe even V-trigger out of it too, not sure. His cr.mk is +2 on block so again no buttons but at least you don't have to worry about throws with this one.

Both his st.hk and coward's kick are God like against 4-framers because there's the constant worry of a throw as well as the frametrap with normals.

You can actually CA after getting hit by a st.hk or cowards crouch kick as 99% of FANGs don't expect a non DP enemy to try something after those moves.

But just remember that medium and heavy trap is incredibly unsafe on block so if they go for those shenanigans, punish it. Also if he does the cr.mp xx medium trap, you can hit him before the trap even comes out. A Bison player who's a friend of mine always uses st.mk to beat the trap before it comes out and that's a 7-framer so Nash's cr.mk might work here as well.

EDIT: A personal cheap trick that I employ against people that are too scared of my buttons is to do st.hk then st.lp then st.hk then st.lp then st.hk then st.lp then st.hk but cancel the first hit of that one into medium trap which even beats 3-framers. FANG is so much fun.

His cowards crouch kick is +2 oB, but it moves him forward pretty much as close as possible, so a delayed tech is almost always the way to go there.

His st.hk is +1 oB so again, delayed tech is reliable but V-reversalling out of it is the safest option. And maybe even V-trigger out of it too, not sure. His cr.mk is +2 on block so again no buttons but at least you don't have to worry about throws with this one.

Both his st.hk and coward's kick are God like against 4-framers because there's the constant worry of a throw as well as the frametrap with normals.

You can actually CA after getting hit by a st.hk or cowards crouch kick as 99% of FANGs don't expect a non DP enemy to try something after those moves.

But just remember that medium and heavy trap is incredibly unsafe on block so if they go for those shenanigans, punish it. Also if he does the cr.mp xx medium trap, you can hit him before the trap even comes out. A Bison player who's a friend of mine always uses st.mk to beat the trap before it comes out and that's a 7-framer so Nash's cr.mk might work here as well.

EDIT: A personal cheap trick that I employ against people that are too scared of my buttons is to do st.hk then st.lp then st.hk then st.lp then st.hk then st.lp then st.hk but cancel the first hit of that one into medium trap which even beats 3-framers. FANG is so much fun.

Thanks for the info. Stupid question, but what is a "Coward's Kick"? Is that his spinny kick thing?

Top Bottom