• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Trickster

Capcom can get the fuck outta here with that insanely overpriced CPT bundle that you apparently can't even get if you play the pc version lol.

Scotia

Banned
It probably is. As for the others, my guesses are...
  • Ryu: SF costume
  • Ken: SFIII costume
  • Chun-Li: SF Alpha costume
  • M. Bison: Either his SFII or SF Alpha costume
  • Dhalsim: SFII/Alpha/IV costume
  • Zangief: Regular costume w/ Alpha cape
  • Cammy: Either her SFII/IV costume or her SF Alpha Doll uniform
  • Vega: SFII/Alpha/IV costume
  • Karin: SF Alpha costume
  • Rainbow Mika: SF Alpha costume
  • Birdie: SF Alpha costume
  • Alex: We already saw it, SFIII Ending costume
  • Ibuki: We already saw it, SFIII costume (w/ scarf flowing behind her)
  • Balrog: SFII/Alpha/IV costume
  • Urien: SFIII suit (he can already rip off his clothes to go into Undies Mode via his Critical Art)
  • Juri: SFIV costume
They kinda used up Charlie & Guile's potential Nostalgic Costumes, so.....yeah.

There are others? I thought it was just Ibuki and Alex were getting classic costumes?

Capcom can get the fuck outta here with that insanely overpriced CPT bundle that you apparently can't even get if you play the pc version lol.
While I agree that it is definitely overpriced, portion of that money goes directly to the CPT. So you're supporting the CPT as well as Capcpom.

And it's pretty bullshit that the bundle isn't available for PC.

Ketch

Man this game.... Thought I was gettin a little better, went online last night and got stomped. 2& 4.

Noob question:
What do you do when you get that feeling like "I can't do anything to this guy"

AlexIIDX

Man this game.... Thought I was gettin a little better, went online last night and got stomped. 2& 4.

Noob question:

I usually just start punching things.

1.6gb for that

Lawd
I think that they just half-ass Steam updates and just replace entire files with the updated versions. Remember that the patch we got earlier this week was also around a 1.8 GB dl for Steam, but it was barely a 100 MB download in-game for the PS4 version.

Sorry to say but this has happened one too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Femto.

Oh man I hope nostalgic Chun is her alpha costume.
My. man.

While I agree that it is definitely overpriced, portion of that money goes directly to the CPT. So you're supporting the CPT as well as Capcpom.

Is Sony helping out fund this DLC pack or is Capcom just mad at the PC player base for the modding of unreleased content?

If it is the latter then I wonder if SFVI will even come out on PC.

KingBroly

Banned
I think that they just half-ass Steam updates and just replace entire files with the updated versions. Remember that the patch we got earlier this week was also around a 1.8 GB dl for Steam, but it was barely a 100 MB download in-game for the PS4 version.

Sorry to say but this has happened one too many times for it to be a coincidence.

The Programming Disaster continues unabated I see.

OH! So there's nothing to download but will be when the store is activated.

That makes sense.

I can hide my shame until the maintenance ends.

FluxWaveZ

$10 is so fucking much. It's absurd, that's actually going too far.

I had been waiting for a stage with that design for so long, too.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Noob question:
Depends on what the problem is. If you get beaten by the same stuff you look up how to beat it (and go into training mode). If you get rushed down you learn how to defend better and if you can't open them up you check what better players are doing about it. No easy answer, really.

MrCarter

Apprarently that's due to Sony sponsoring the DLC? Unless Microsoft support the PC DLC too I don't think they will get it.

KingBroly

Banned
I think MKX did the same thing with a Sub Zero costume, $5 for the costume that went towards prize pool money.

$4 to $5 is a lot different than $5 to $10

Not to mention PC players have to buy everything piece meal, on top of everything not being put on Steam, which means they're getting screwed over twice as hard. Paying more money for less content.

Femto.

It's a CPT bundle and Sony sponsor the CPT.

That settles that, sorry PC bros :(

Not to mention PC players have to buy everything piece meal, on top of everything not being put on Steam, which means they're getting screwed over twice as hard. Paying more money for less content.

It's fucking ridiculous, if this game releases as much costumes and stages as DoA does via DLC it will cost thousands to purchase them all based on Capcom's pricing.

Trickster

Sorry, but I absolutely don't care that some of the proceeds goes to CPT.

This is basically doing what Valve does with Dota 2. Only instead of offering amazing value they're offering absolute shit value while also shitting on their pc players.

They can get absolutely fucked

KingBroly

Banned
This is their way of getting around the Content Check that Sony does with all updates pushed through PSN. Steam doesn't have this system so they can just push out whatever and Steam won't give a shit.

But like...this stuff is out TODAY and it's still busted/not available.

This is basically doing what Valve does with Dota 2. Only instead of offering amazing value they're offering absolute shit value while also shitting on their pc players.

Then why do you care about a CPT Bundle Pack if you don't give a shit about the CPT.

MrCarter

Oh well that's what they get for exploiting the game for free money, characters, costumes and stages mate. Read 'em and weep. At least the majority of PS4 owners will actually BUY the content.

You have every right to be pissed. But know that this is mainly meant for people to support the CPT. I personally am not going to be getting it because nothing in the bundle is of any real value to me. But if I was adamant to support the CPT, then I might still consider getting it.

Zackat

My. man.

Is Sony helping out fund this DLC pack or is Capcom just mad at the PC player base for the modding of unreleased content?

If it is the latter then I wonder if SFVI will even come out on PC.

Sony is funding the CPT (or at least sponsoring with a lot of cash). So this pack is to just advertise it and get more money into it. You could be right though, in this hypothetical world of SFVI :p.

Oh well that's what they get for exploiting the game for free money, characters, costumes and stages mate. Read 'em and weep. At least the majority of PS4 owners will actually BUY the content.

please. I bought the season pass and premium costumes in this game and I play on PC.

vg260

From their panel slide those CPT costumes are valued at $5.99 each. So, that's probably what they're charging separately.

KingBroly

Banned

Considering PS4 people can do it too, and can do it with Premium Costumes and them tweeting about earlier this week shows you're out of touch with reality, bucko.

From their panel slide those CPT costumes are valued at $5.99 each. So, that's probably what they're charging separately.

You are correct.

CnbIGnoVIAAGXhK.jpg

People want the DLC but don't want to get fucked over by it?

And if you're on PC, you don't get an option, so you're fucked over twice.

Not talking about the PC thing because that's fucked, but it's purpose is to support the CPT prize pool while giving players some kind of return on the purchase. The biggest issue with it is that Capcom isn't being straight forward with how much is going towards the prize pool, which I wish someone would've asked at the Q and A panel.

Not everyone is using mods and hacks just because they are on "PC".
All my FM is legit and I bought the season pass.

FtHTiny

Dota´s money/value got better with every ti/event. The first one wasn´t that great either so maybe capcom will learn.

vg260

So every PC player cheated the system? Where do you get your statistical data?

Xeteh

Considering PS4 people can do it too, and can do it with Premium Costumes and them tweeting about earlier this week shows you're out of touch with reality, bucko.

... yeah, totally the same thing. One Capcom can't do anything about the other people will likely lose accounts over. You have a legit gripe about the bundle but don't make shit up to try to prove your point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What a bunch of fanboy BS lol

KingBroly

Banned
... yeah, totally the same thing. One Capcom can't do anything about the other people will likely lose accounts over. You have a legit gripe about the bundle but don't make shit up to try to prove your point.

Saying it's a PC exclusive thing when it's not is flat out lying on his part and he knows it.

Top Bottom