• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can you post the exact inputs ? I am having trouble imagining.

The cancel window for the first hit of stand mk is pretty tight so you have to cancel to mk fuharenkyaku fast. It will only come out on ch. If they block it won't cancel because the far mk isnt cancelable (which is what you get due to block string spacing). I'm not sure if there's a video of it anywhere. I'll look. *edit* exact inputs are stand jab,jab,mk xx mk fuharenkyaku (charged).

Neoxon

What happened, vulva? It just disconnected right at the end of the round.

Before you ask, no, I didn't rage-quit (I have a wired connection).

Neoxon

Fighting vulva is like fighting a brick wall. You can make a crack or two in it, but it won't break anytime soon, & that's part of the learning experience.

Neoxon

*internal screaming*

Don't get me wrong, I'm learning quite a bit from fighting vulva. But that brick wall analogy from earlier applies to this.

Neoxon

I gotta run to grab some dinner, ggs!
GGs, vulva. You may have kicked my ass......hard, but I learned a lot from you (namely on how Chun can cover her air approaches with Air Lightning Legs & how she can get on the other side of a knocked-down opponent via her overhead).

Kashiwaba

I feel like a monkey when i play as Rashid against a good ryu it's hard to do anything Against then without getting punished it's an unfair matchup ryu is better in both range and power.

Zackat

yo I just fought this guy and he teched every damn throw. Like I changed my pace, different hits, different ways to get in, everything. And he teched everyone one. Craziest shit I have seen in this game so far, it almost seems unreal. Is there some tech I am missing out on?

Kashiwaba

yo I just fought this guy and he teched every damn throw. Like I changed my pace, different hits, different ways to get in, everything. And he teched everyone one. Craziest shit I have seen in this game so far, it almost seems unreal. Is there some tech I am missing out on?
Probably one of the lab rats who know their frames lol.

FluxWaveZ

I managed to get second place at my local weeklies today. My matches on stream:

1. vs. Alex
2. vs. Dhalsim
3. vs. Ken
4. vs. Chun-Li
5. vs. Guile
6. vs. Laura
7. vs. Chun-Li

See #7 for how it looks to be 100% outplayed by one of the best players in Canada (the dude who sent Justin Wong to losers at EVO 2016). Asked Chi-Rithy for some advice, which I'll be very much keeping in mind going forward.

I'll be going to Dreamhack Montreal for the SFV tourney on Saturday. That'll probably be a whole other type of challenge.

vulva

1. vs. Alex
2. vs. Dhalsim
3. vs. Ken
4. vs. Chun-Li
5. vs. Guile
6. vs. Laura
7. vs. Chun-Li

See #7 for how it looks to be 100% outplayed by one of the best players in Canada (the dude who sent Justin Wong to losers at EVO 2016). Asked Chi-Rithy for some advice, which I'll be very much keeping in mind going forward.

I'll be going to Dreamhack Montreal for the SFV tourney on Saturday. That'll probably be a whole other type of challenge.
Henri is the best

1. vs. Alex
2. vs. Dhalsim
3. vs. Ken
4. vs. Chun-Li
5. vs. Guile
6. vs. Laura
7. vs. Chun-Li

Awesome to hear that you are doing something more with your skill and that 200-something rank.

I hope I was at least partially influential in nudging you to participate in tournaments. Congrats and good luck. Maybe in 20 years I'll be right up there with you.

Oh my, you're me last week lol. Yes, there's a thing called late teching. Look up https://www.reddit.com/r/stReetfighter/wiki/v/giefsgym
Check out the write up on teching to see what he was doing, and the write up on the shimmy to counter it.

1. vs. Alex
2. vs. Dhalsim
3. vs. Ken
4. vs. Chun-Li
5. vs. Guile
6. vs. Laura
7. vs. Chun-Li

Congrats!
... Remember that one time I barely beat your ryu who you don't even play in casuals? I will now never forget, and will force people to listen to that when you're winning events in a couple years!

Top Bottom