• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck do I keep getting matched with laggy Brazilians when I set connectivity to 5? This is getting stupid. Same dude twice in a row just now.
I have to set matchmaking to "ask" me before accepting a match or I get terrible connections from time to time.

I have to set matchmaking to "ask" me before accepting a match or I get terrible connections from time to time.

Yeah I'd recommend doing this. Sometimes I get 2 bar connections when set to 4-5 only so I just decline. Any that actually say 5 bar are almost always fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has doing this actually decreased the amount of laggy matches you get into? If so then...I should've done this ages ago.
Yeah, definitely. For some stupid reason it shows you 2 bar (it's mostly 2 bar somehow) matches even if you set it to 5 bar only.

Bigg_Oggy

It has for me. I rarely have any problems now, outside of the usual ragequits.

Yes, I think this helps screen out Wi-Fi Warriors who are initially pinged as 5 Bar but their bars drop on the Ask screen.

Yeah, definitely. For some stupid reason it shows you 2 bar (it's mostly 2 bar somehow) matches even if you set it to 5 bar only.

Cool. I'll set this up when I get home from work.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know if there are any locals in Michigan?

I know they usually have Youmacon in late October/Early November in Detroit. Not sure about much else as far as more casual locals though. It is an anime convention that has a gaming tournament on the side so I don't know if you're into that stuff or not.

FluxWaveZ

It's shit internet in general that's the problem, not specifically Wi-Fi. Most of the FGC's negativity around Wi-Fi seems kind of outdated honestly.

Absolutely not. One evening I forgot I had switched my PS4's connection from wired to wifi and was wondering why everything was so laggy all of a sudden. Had messages with someone who lives where I do, where we noted how unusually laggy our matches were.

Then I remembered and switched it back to wired. Everything worked so much better again. "Wireless sucks" isn't some meme; it's 100% fact. I learned this back with Super Smash Bros. 4 and how you could immediately tell when someone was using a wifi connection instead of wired.

ShinMaruku

Generally if you have a strong connection wi-fi should have a minimized impact. Hell I bet if most the bad connections were wired or not it would still be bad. The US has a really bad infastructure and Capcom was daft to make Koreans make the netcode when Korea has been blown up and rebuilt making a much more modern infrastructure where as the US is much larger and has old infrastructure and has no will to improve it.

Bigg_Oggy

My experience with connection has been:

Street Fighter: wired=fine, wireless=bad
Tekken tag 2: wired=fine, wireless=fine
Killer Instinct: wired=fine, wireless=fine

Not sure why this is the case, but this happens to me a lot.

Absolutely not. One evening I forgot I had switched my PS4's connection from wired to wifi and was wondering why everything was so laggy all of a sudden. Had messages with someone who lives where I do, where we noted how unusually laggy our matches were.

Then I remembered and switched it back to wired. Everything worked so much better again. "Wireless sucks" isn't some meme; it's 100% fact. I learned this back with Super Smash Bros. 4 and how you could immediately tell when someone was using a wifi connection instead of wired.

Regardless of up/down speeds, wireless is prone to packet drops due to interference from anything else in the general area that could be in the same frequency, especially other wireless clients. And this doesn't even really account for anything else in the room that may obstruct a transmitted packet from reaching the wireless access point as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Since your PS4/PC aren't in a vacuum with the wi-fi access point, even in the best wireless setup it won't be as strong of a connection as wired.

GGs. I had no chance.

Why the hell does everyone go to FT10?

GGs, 2 big things I noticed was to try to learn the spacing for moves and attacks and be careful about doing so many wake up DPs.

You could always request to change it before you ready up. I just like long sets and it makes it easier to rematch instead of having to go all the way back to the lobby. I'm always fine with changing it if someone tells me, if they don't, then I assume they're fine with it.

Menitta

GGs, 2 big things I noticed was to try to learn the spacing for moves and attacks and be careful about doing so many wake up DPs.

You could always request to change it before you ready up. I just like long sets and it makes it easier to rematch instead of having to go all the way back to the lobby. I'm always fine with changing it if someone tells me, if they don't, then I assume they're fine with it.
Ok. Thank you very much.

It's just that multiple times when requesting matches in the OT, people have done FT10 and I'm just like "uh...ok"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is there a release date for Urien? Havent followed SFV since evo.

Yep, that's me. Have we played before?

Aha, just made the connection actually. We played about 4 sets in Casual a few weeks ago and after you downloaded and thrashed me with Ibuki it inspired me to tune up my Alex gameplan. I'm doing a lot better now, and it's in part thanks to you styling on me :p

DunpealD

Neither has Capcom.

Ayyyyyyyy!

No, but seriously, where's all that communication they were doing so well before EVO? :/

Maybe Haunts has trouble getting the information from Japan. Supposedly the next information should be on the daily challenges. Perhaps he got a gag order till Gamescom, since it is coming soon.

On to another topic. Anyone else loves the feeling playing Boxer and one punching up to 600hp away, thus making a one punch comeback?
Maybe it is just me, but it feels like negative edge aka TAP does not seem to get the benefit of a 3 frame buffer. Does anybody know?

While talking about the TAP. According to the Prima guide and Toolassisted chart, it has different invincibility properties depending on the charge. Which goes up to full invincibility from frame 1-18 at full charge.

While talking about the TAP. According to the Prima guide and Toolassisted chart, it has different invincibility properties depending on the charge. Which goes up to full invincibility from frame 1-18 at full charge.
"Full Charge" takes around 62 seconds of holding down 2 buttons. Just sayin.

Aha, just made the connection actually. We played about 4 sets in Casual a few weeks ago and after you downloaded and thrashed me with Ibuki it inspired me to tune up my Alex gameplan. I'm doing a lot better now, and it's in part thanks to you styling on me :p

Haha, well it's good to hear that I helped. I'm down for some matches if you ever want.

Top Bottom