• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Sayad

shame on these people who just leave their controller on turbo, queuing into casual to get a free loss. now I am just timing them out to waste as much time as possible to minimize their efforts.
Why not just RQ? Save your time and they get nothing!

well probably they're sleeping to get those free exp
I dont know why it bother people though, its a win-win situation, you get exp and FM, they get exp too

Bigg_Oggy

shame on these people who just leave their controller on turbo, queuing into casual to get a free loss. now I am just timing them out to waste as much time as possible to minimize their efforts.

And this is why I stopped playing casual. I'd rather lose in ranked than deal with that turbo nonsense.

Big Brett

I need Karin color 15, think I need to queue casual on turbo. What do you guys think of that?

giphy.gif

Kashiwaba

3700 not much left to get into gold then probably stop doing ranked and try to work on another character it took way too long to get here with Rashid :_:

Took this to the bar tonight, no one has played SFV but loves the SF series and has experience with the older titles. They had so much fun, and it definitely renewed my interest in the game. Sometimes all it takes is a bunch of amateurs, drinks, and laughs to make you wanna play again.

That said they picked this up really quick, talking V-trigger combos and everything after two hours of fairly drunk play. Also Japan but w/e.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Her V-Reversal is the worst. A lot worse than Cammy's. Hell even EX DP can beat the move on reaction. Also her normals outside lights and St.MP are bad being in the -3 or above or neutral on block. So without a charged fireball, she' has one of the worst footsie in the game.

As I said a while back. Capcom seems to have been more focused on what some characters shouldn't be able to do rather than should.

Gief players be like

ZzLMpfq.gif

Is this Silver/Bronze leagues? Most Gief's that has gotten to a decent level should know better and be terrified of getting counter hit trying to mash anything except reversal Super(in a defensive position). Although I have run into a few that still backdash and mash SPD like it's still SF4.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Think this is the weekend I'll try to grind out some ranked matches. Don't really have any solid combos down for punish on Ryu other than his target combo and something like c. mk xx hadoken but I think my fundamentals are around a bronze level. I feel like learning when I can punish Ryu and Ken will make at least half of my matches a breeze.

Coda

Gief players be like

ZzLMpfq.gif

Haha nice one, shit guys I haven't been playing too much lately. Really want to know the season 2 characters now. I really want to see Sagat and Oro. Also I know it's kind of unlikely but Gouken would be sick as well, I'd take Akuma too.

I just did that hahaha. Some guy was jab jab jab jab, so I guessed what was up. I timed him out 3 rounds(made him hit me on one so it would go to three haha)

JayEH

Beat normal survival with all characters. Actually not that hard really. You just need to keep jumping in. Don't try to play the ground game. The hardest I would say is gief because he just deals so much damage off one mistake and likes to air SPD.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just did that hahaha. Some guy was jab jab jab jab, so I guessed what was up. I timed him out 3 rounds(made him hit me on one so it would go to three haha)

You're a good person, you should add my CFN. We play almost every night in lobbies.

edit: my CFN is same as my gaf name

ShinMaruku

With V-trigger I feel like when you are attacking Ryu,Ken or Juri they are just actively shit talking you, "No matter how much attacks you keep trying at me, my power just rises and rises, whatever are you going to do to me as I get more and more powerful you fools!

Bigg_Oggy

With V-trigger I feel like when you are attacking Ryu,Ken or Juri they are just actively shit talking you, "No matter how much attacks you keep trying at me, my power just rises and rises, whatever are you going to do to me as I get more and more powerful you fools!

V-trigger is basically going Super Saiyan.

lol. You're wasting your own time.

That's hilarious to me. You're fighting a battle that doesn't matter.

Nah, he gave in and started actually moving around trying to hit me after a while haha

You're a good person, you should add my CFN. We play almost every night in lobbies.

edit: my CFN is same as my gaf name
That's cool, but I don't really play that often(sometimes play a lot for a couple of days and then none for a month)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I can for the life of me not beat any Ryus (and some other characters) that just move around like crazy. Dashing back, forward, neutral jumping, jumping in with lk, using moves that cover some space, that sort of stuff.

I try to outfootsie them and yeah, I get my single hits in but one big jump-in or good knockdown from them and I eat four times the damage.

Sometimes I wish I could just see a top player with my character against my current opponent to get an idea of what I should do. This is the first real wall I've hit in this game.

GG's Whales. Got bodied but I learned a lot. Jumping in way too much, my cross up defense is really bad, I wasn't hitting combos really and didn't confirm in to anything, and my neutral and wake up game is just buttons. I don't know what I'm doing in that matter.

GGs Faintcolt

you need to stop pressing buttons on wakeup

Yeah, I definitely realized that but gotta break that stupid habit. I'll cut that out thanks for the games. Got a lot of work to do.

Whales

Banned
GG's Whales. Got bodied but I learned a lot. Jumping in way too much, my cross up defense is really bad, I wasn't hitting combos really and didn't confirm in to anything, and my neutral and wake up game is just buttons. I don't know what I'm doing in that matter.

Yeah, I defijitely realized that but gotta break that stupid habit. I'll cut that out thanks for the games. Got a lot of work to do.

actually you didnt jump in that much, which is pretty good. when I was new at the game I used to jump about 5x more than you

on wakeup you should either block, get ready to tech or,with rashid, use his EX spinning mixer because it has inv frames. Stop pressing buttons you're just asking to get comboed by a meaty

do you know some rashid combos? he has a bunch that arent too hard that end in his kick move, deals a lot of damage. You should watch some rashid combo videos ( that's actually how I learned a bunch of my ryu combos. That and watching daigo replays on CFN)

actually you didnt jump in that much, which is pretty good. when I was new at the game I used to jump about 5x more than you

on wakeup you should either block, get ready to tech or,with rashid, use his EX spinning mixer because it has inv frames. Stop pressing buttons you're just asking to get comboed by a meaty

do you know some rashid combos? he has a bunch that arent too hard that end in his kick move, deals a lot of damage. You should watch some rashid combo videos ( that's actually how I learned a bunch of my ryu combos. That and watching daigo replays on CFN)

Yeah, I realized recently I need to just block on wake up but for some reason my mind kept saying jab quick and go from there. Clearly that was dumb so I'll make sure to correct that.

Yeah I know some combos but for some reason I just messed them all up. I usually hit simple combos in my matches but idk why I keep hitting the wrong button this time. Probably just nerves. Shows I need to get them burned my head a little more and get some more options. Another problem I have is that my pokes get blocked so often that when I actually do get the starting hit in I don't continue with it or just drop it. Practice should help that I suppose.

I recently started watching some Alex Valle rashid matches and that definitely helped so I'll keep with that and try to get some ideas.

Top Bottom