• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
Thanks again for the games Whales. Sorry if it wasn't too much fun on your end. Definitely appreciate the help. I'll get a round next time

dont worry dude, I actually like playing new players and giving out tips when I can. I struggled so much with the game when I started so I might as well give out some tips to get better

mbpm1

With V-trigger I feel like when you are attacking Ryu,Ken or Juri they are just actively shit talking you, "No matter how much attacks you keep trying at me, my power just rises and rises, whatever are you going to do to me as I get more and more powerful you fools!

I feel like Juri shit talks her opponents in general. For some reason it feels like she has more actual voice lines instead of noises for her moves.

KingBroly

Banned
Getting Juri's 10th Trial going seems...very impractical to me. That small walk forward it just...not something I can see many ever doing

EDIT - Yeah, I think I'm gonna be dropping the FPS on this one A LOT to do this. If it's not the startup, it's a Dragon Punch misfire at one of two spots >_<

i hate this game when it's giving me laggers. you lose your charge because the screen is suddenly shaking and now your're left with nothing. can't reinput anything quickly, gotta wait it out and take a beating.

i mentioned this a few months ago but this game loves to give me the same characters in pairs. i got 2 karin, 2 vega and 2 mika and so on in my last session. haven't seen a single ryu because i'm stuck in this weird matchmaking loop. i can just shrug at this.

SephLuis

Whales, how is it on your side ? The first two matches were great here and the last three ones there was a bit of teleporting.

Is it playable for you ?

SephLuis

GGs Whales.

Don't know if it was because of the connection, but you can have more confidence in your Ryu. Like be more agressive and finish some of the punishes.,

Whales

Banned
GGs luis, I wish we could play with 0 lag, it would be even more fun ( and you'd probably start owning me more lol)

GGs Whales.

Don't know if it was because of the connection, but you can have more confidence in your Ryu. Like be more agressive and finish some of the punishes.,

what do you mean finish some of the punishes? do you have an example?

I try to be agressive but im pretty bad at keeping pressure up, I just back away even if you're in a corner :/ i wish there were some good videos about applying pressure in this game

GGs Rush.

Last time we played about a month ago you were super silver and we were pretty much even and now you are super gold and you're blowing me out. First thing I noticed is your throw tech game is super solid and your defense all around is much more solid. What have you been doing between then and now? What's your secret?

SephLuis

GGs luis, I wish we could play with 0 lag, it would be even more fun ( and you'd probably start owning me more lol)

what do you mean finish some of the punishes? do you have an example?

I try to be agressive but im pretty bad at keeping pressure up, I just back away even if you're in a corner :/ i wish there were some good videos about applying pressure in this game

Sometimes I would fall for your meaties or frame traps and you didn't completed the combo. Though, it's tough to complete those every time and even more difficult with lag =/

Your pressure game isn't bad, I just feel you are backing away too much. You don't need to be in the face of your opponent all the time, just keep enough space that gives Ryu the advantage.

I have a similar pressure game with Chun Li, once my opponent in on the corner, I can attack a lot to keep pressure or keep Chun Li away and wait for them to do something so I can punish. In the later case, the best range would be like her sweep range because it makes it easier to react to anything people can throw.

If they do nothing, I attack. If they jump, the distance if perfect for an anti-air. The distance is also good enough for one dash and throw.

Whales

Banned
GGs Rush.

Last time we played about a month ago you were super silver and we were pretty much even and now you are super gold and you're blowing me out. First thing I noticed is your throw tech game is super solid and your defense all around is much more solid. What have you been doing between then and now? What's your secret?

IIRC I played this guy months ago when we were both super bronze I believe

now hes super gold and im ultra bronze... lmao

Sometimes I would fall for your meaties or frame traps and you didn't completed the combo. Though, it's tough to complete those every time and even more difficult with lag =/

Your pressure game isn't bad, I just feel you are backing away too much. You don't need to be in the face of your opponent all the time, just keep enough space that gives Ryu the advantage.

I have a similar pressure game with Chun Li, once my opponent in on the corner, I can attack a lot to keep pressure or keep Chun Li away and wait for them to do something so I can punish. In the later case, the best range would be like her sweep range because it makes it easier to react to anything people can throw.

If they do nothing, I attack. If they jump, the distance if perfect for an anti-air. The distance is also good enough for one dash and throw.

thanks for the tips luis. I appreciate it. Do you feel like I made some good progress since last time ( which admittedly was pretty long ago)?

gonna apply those corner pressure tips for sure. backing away a little bit is a smarter idea than just letting you go free

GGs Rush.

Oh, nothing really. I was at silver for the longest time just because I didn't play any ranked. I finally played ranked for another few days the other week and stopped again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Time to resurrect an old meme. Guys its already 13 days into the month and we haven't heard any news about Urien.

SephLuis

thanks for the tips luis. I appreciate it. Do you feel like I made some good progress since last time ( which admittedly was pretty long ago)?

gonna apply those corner pressure tips for sure. backing away a little bit is a smarter idea than just letting you go free

Yeah, you improved a lot. Your Ryu is a lot more solid than it was before.

One thing I remembered, try using more combos ending with the CA. Sometimes you could kill me by using the CA or even on more EX bar (I don't know if Ryu has a combo that uses 2 EX bars).

Haha. My EX usage and knowledge is really low. I need to take it to training mode. I need to work out times when to throw it in. I always just end up wasting it it.

Whenever you see me going in on your wakeup and you have meter, fire it off. It makes me more honest and forces me to respect your wakeup instead of going for meaty setups every single time.

IIRC I played this guy months ago when we were both super bronze I believe

now hes super gold and im ultra bronze... lmao

There's probably just a difference between how much he plays ranked vs how much you do.
I haven't played ranked since..march maybe so I'm still "ultra bronze"; I prolly won't be returning until there is a real RQ fix.

Top Bottom