• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Anybody wants to play? Would like to play some high level players so i can get good.

I'm taking off so scraft's room might.

GG's guys. I've had my fair share of beatings today. Got better at chilling out on the buttons but now to work on throwing in EX's more and some better punish combos.

GGs guys, that's it for me. I'm pretty tired.

Sigmaah, I could barely touch you tonight lol. Rogs overhead is so tricky.

I'm taking off so scraft's room might.

GG's guys. I've had my fair share of beatings today. Got better at chilling out on the buttons but now to work on throwing in EX's more and some better punish combos.

You were the Rashid right? Learn a basic combo like cr. Mk, st. Mp xx mixer. Don't do so many random eagle kicks, they're all highly punishable on block. Learn to love the cr. Hp.

man why do people rage quit on casual ? what do they have to gain from rage quitting on casual? the game don't even track your win/loss ratio.

GGs Sigmaah! Your Vega and Balrog are unreal. Can't believe I actually managed to take a set off of you...

I'll practice up to be more of a challenge for next time!

Sigmaah

GGs guys, that's it for me. I'm pretty tired.

Sigmaah, I could barely touch you tonight lol. Rogs overhead is so tricky.

You were the Rashid right? Learn a basic combo like cr. Mk, st. Mp xx mixer. Don't do so many random eagle kicks, they're all highly punishable on block. Learn to love the cr. Hp.

Fun games as always bro, u make great calls when u do ur dp, I'm always like fuck how'd he know lol.

GGs Sigmaah! Your Vega and Balrog are unreal. Can't believe I actually managed to take a set off of you...

I'll practice up to be more of a challenge for next time!

Thanks bro, my vega is aight but my balrog deff needs work. I still don't know how to do some things with him.

Anyone whoever wanna play lemme know.

i have no clue what's safe on alex. I am just going with instinct lol. Basically playing ST mode lol. relying on classic to win lol.

Nothing is safe. Everything is punishable. Such is the life of Alex.

You gotta be careful about tossing those booms while I have meter though; EX stomp let me steal a few matches cuz of that.

gg brother 2:30 here in NYC. i gotta go to sleep. Any tips on improving?

Don't be afraid to use EX Flash Kick on wakeup cuz it stuffs all of my wakeup pressure and keeps me honest. Only reason a few of your non-EX FKs managed to get through was cuz of lag screwing with my meaty timing; normally those would've been CC'd and led to big damage.

Other than that and the aforementioned Sonic Boom thing, your fundamentals are pretty damn solid. Maybe learn a few more punish combos? There were times when you could've popped V-Trigger to change a damaging combo into a killing one but chose not to.

GGs overall though! I gotta practice the Guile matchup more; Alex really struggles against zoners in general but he definitely has the tools to come out on top if I can brush up on them more.

I don't know why Nash gets to juggle after his fireballs but it just makes me smile every time.

kRnkM6.gif

Don't be afraid to use EX Flash Kick on wakeup cuz it stuffs all of my wakeup pressure and keeps me honest. Only reason a few of your non-EX FKs managed to get through was cuz of lag screwing with my meaty timing; normally those would've been CC'd and led to big damage.

Other than that and the aforementioned Sonic Boom thing, your fundamentals are pretty damn solid. Maybe learn a few more punish combos? There were times when you could've popped V-Trigger to change a damaging combo into a killing one but chose not to.

GGs overall though! I gotta practice the Guile matchup more; Alex really struggles against zoners in general but he definitely has the tools to come out on top if I can brush up on them more.

Thanks man. When you had me cornered I didn't know what to do lol, That command grab fear is real lol. But i am glad I didnt get owned and it was pretty back and forth. I don't get a lot of chances to play the game due to college keeping me so busy. That's why i just stick to classics like Guile. I was playing against you using the same tactic i learned more than a decade ago lol. Anyways gg man. Will play again for sure.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";213476535]I don't know why Nash gets to juggle after his fireballs but it just makes me smile every time.

kRnkM6.gif
[/QUOTE]

I never thought of using Bazooka Knee in that situation. I only used MK Scythe to knock them away.

My power went out during a really heated set and now the other dude probably thinks I ragequit :/

EDIT: Oh ahahaha I had no idea that you were a GAFer! We'll have to run that set back sometime soon.

Got in some really nice practice today though; I'm getting pretty good at Air Stampede-ing fireballs on reaction. Wish Alex's normals outside of his crMP weren't so stubby cuz it makes his already-tough neutral game that much harder.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hey ScraftyDevil, are you the Alex player (CFN Scrafty) I just got disconnected from in casuals?

Sorry if that was on my end!

I just got a long ass ethernet cable because my powerline adapters were giving me trouble but apparently I'm still having issues.

edit: lol

Guess it wasn't my end for once.

I'm happy to play a longer set any time. I have relatively little Alex experience. I'll add you to my faves. My CFN is Hey_its_that_dog. (capital H, no apostrophe)

That is quite the coincidence, haha. Those Ken frame traps were really on-point though; believe it or not I don't actually have much experience vs. good Kens as Alex so I'd love to play again sometime.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That is quite the coincidence, haha. Those Ken frame traps were really on-point though; believe it or not I don't actually have much experience vs. good Kens as Alex so I'd love to play again sometime.

Sure thing. I have to get off now but I'll probably be on again after 7:30 pm EST.

edit: vvvvvv sounds good, i'll keep an eye out

I've been playing casual lately and I've noticed some players upon start of the match just stand there and spam light kick.

Why is that?

I play on PC btw.

mbpm1

I've been playing casual lately and I've noticed some players upon start of the match just stand there and spam light kick.

Why is that?

I play on PC btw.

They are using a macro program and afk'ing so the matches they play farm Experience points

They're not actually there

Copy and pasting my post from FGW thread here because this is where I meant to post it in the first place.

I feel like parry would be better off in the hands of a character without a invincible reversal. Not even a metered one, I mean no invincible reversal outside of Super. Their have been so many occasions where I felt I got a read on my opponent. I would do a certain move that puts me in negative frames and they would answer back with a medium or heavy attack. And when I feel like I'm ready to make that hard read and go for the parry all I get is whiffed parry more often than not.

It's not like I'm getting punished for it though thankfully. Point is my opponent didn't see a parry coming. He may not even be aware I have a parry most of the time. He's just too scared to press any buttons because he's afraid of getting hit by a DP.

Copy and pasting my post from FGW thread here because this is where I meant to post it in the first place.

I feel like parry would be better off in the hands of a character without a invincible reversal. Not even a metered one, I mean no invincible reversal outside of Super. Their have been so many occasions where I felt I got a read on my opponent. I would do a certain move that puts me in negative frames and they would answer back with a medium or heavy attack. And when I feel like I'm ready to make that hard read and go for the parry all I get is whiffed parry more often than not.

It's not like I'm getting punished for it though thankfully. Point is my opponent didn't see a parry coming. He may not even be aware I have a parry most of the time. He's just too scared to press any buttons because he's afraid of getting hit by a DP.

It's going to be universal alternative v skill, I'm telling you! SFV: 3rd Strike is coming.

What is this, the mostly incorrect fgc info hour with Woolie?

Top Bottom