• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Zackat

I got up to super silver a few days ago and I think I am just gonna sit there and learn how to play Chun in casual. Maybe even Gief because I have a hard time beating him as Laura. I think I just need to jab in his face more or something. Memorize how far away his grabs can get me, that kind of stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Oh man. Never thought I would have gotten that far at Dreamhack; I went in convinced I was gonna get my ass kicked during my first matches right away. Was funny having all that support from the Montreal side since I was going up against the Toronto folk.

Count and Flux put on a hell of a show.

Congrats on the win Flux!

Thanks. My last match against Snafoo was a disaster, but I'm still happy to have made top 3.

You're a good player, it's just your opponent is a bit too strong for you imo.

And right you were. Chi-Rithy is on a whole other level. I'm gradually trying to climb up to it.

Couldn't you just do the same with a Fight Stick and Turbo?

Yes, just need someting heavy enough to weight down the X button. Then set to auto-join any fight request while sitting in practice.

I tried it out, it's really slow. Unless leaving it running like 20 hours a day there is barely any progress.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So is this the same tournament Mago played in yesterday? Stream was called "【CPT関連】Fighter's Crossover -AKIBA- ANNEX2"

He already beat Haitani and GO1 there.

Damn, what a bracket

CpzU2riUAAAuf6k.jpg:large

KingBroly

Banned
Yes, just need someting heavy enough to weight down the X button. Then set to auto-join any fight request while sitting in practice.

I tried it out, it's really slow. Unless leaving it running like 20 hours a day there is barely any progress.

I might give it a whirl with my Wiimote w/Plus Dongle. That's done the trick for me in the past with other games. It might be A for me, since I'm on PC with a 360 stick.

LakeEarth

Fuck, three ranked matches in a row where they don't go for the rematch. Win or lose. It's fucking annoying.

And are they ever going to fucking fix the "unable to communicate with the server" error? It happens half the time, today it is literally happening the majority of the time. I don't even know what my rank is half the time. Makes Capcom look like amateurs.

Fuck, three ranked matches in a row where they don't go for the rematch. Win or lose. It's fucking annoying.
I started doing this with Kens, Ryus and anyone that has 1K LP less than me or lower. Tired of the same matchups and rollbacks/lag fucking my day up.
And are they ever going to fucking fix the "unable to communicate with the server" error? It happens half the time, today it is literally happening the majority of the time. I don't even know what my rank is half the time. Makes Capcom look like amateurs.
Yeah, the latest update has made it terribly frequent. Happens in like 30% of my matches.

FluxWaveZ

No one freakin' told me that Guile's somersaults weren't totally invincible like a Ryu MP DP except for his EX version! A huge reason as to why going against him always had me so freaked out was the assumption that, even without meter, trying to do something to him on wake-up was a risk.

Thank you, CountBlack, for telling me this. Now I won't have to opt for crazy stuff when going against him.

No one freakin' told me that Guile's somersaults weren't totally invincible like a Ryu MP DP except for his EX version! A huge reason as to why going against him always had me so freaked out was the assumption that, even without meter, trying to do something to him on wake-up was a risk.

Thank you, CountBlack, for telling me this. Now I won't have to opt for crazy stuff when going against him.
Surprised you didn't notice this. People were complaining about the lack of meterless reversals since day one of his release.

mbpm1

Bc we thought everyone knew this.

Next thing people will be thinking Juri has a real meterless DP...

Wait that explains a lot about online actually

damn Im having a blast wih Mika
any recommed combo when in the corner?)
You ever played MKX? And if you were good at it you will be good with Mika. It's all about making your opponent guess your 50/50.
All you need is that one Irish whip to hk to that ex move. And you have the corner. After that play as if you are playing MKX.

FluxWaveZ

Surprised you didn't notice this. People were complaining about the lack of meterless reversals since day one of his release.

Bc we thought everyone knew this.

Next thing people will be thinking Juri has a real meterless DP...

Wait that explains a lot about online actually

No idea how this one got by me, but it certainly did. Probably 'cause I don't listen/read enough about the game and I mainly base my knowledge on what I experience. Gotta pay more attention.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, there's really no reason why he doesn't have a meterless invincible reversal. It's just the nature of these toned down DLC characters.

Top Bottom