• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Dude Abides

Banned
FYI if the game crashes while trying to connect to a match and you have to end the application it apparently counts as a rage quit.

well I finished all charater trials including the DLC except for Karin, not gonna bother it, and adding Rashid hard survival and my FM is only 840K. Daily challenge can't come soon enough

preta

I'm very new to SF (though not fighting games in general). Anyone want to have a few fights and give me advice on how I should improve? CFN: phreta

GGs guys, I need to go take a break and grab some food.

Dang, I got to convert my damage with Ibuki more often. I could've v-trigger cancelled that HK and won one of those rounds.

It's interesting playing against you since that's the only time I ever play an Ibuki mirror. It's nice to see our differing play styles and how we use different moves even though we play the same character.

Yeah the mirror is actually pretty fun. I need to start blocking the command dash mix ups a bit more instead of trying to catch them with a button each time. GGs

Guess we got DC'd whales. I'll still play if you want.

JayEH

How do I get it set up?

GGs. Ok so some tips would be to stop DPing and press buttons on wake up so much. There is a time to do be active on wake up but if you do it too often the opponent will just wait for you and block for a big damage combo. The MK HK target combo you were doing a lot is very unsafe on block (so is the b. MP HP target combo). Also remember you can end both of those target combos with HP DP or EX Tatsu (and HK tatsu for b. MP HP). Other than that just work on blocking cross ups since I was just doing that a lot towards the end, getting your anti airs down (cr. HP or MP DP) and make sure to practice at least one punish combo for when your opponent does something unsafe (I recommend b. MP HP xx HK tatsu).

oh and also make sure to watch your replays whenever you can. it's a lot easier to see how you mess up that way. and watching some high level play is also good so you can have an idea of what it looks like. For Ken I recommend watching Momochi.

preta

GGs. Ok so some tips would be to stop DPing and press buttons on wake up so much. There is a time to do be active on wake up but if you do it too often the opponent will just wait for you and block for a big damage combo. The MK HK target combo you were doing a lot is very unsafe on block (so is the b. MP HP target combo). Also remember you can end both of those target combos with HP DP or EX Tatsu (and HK tatsu for b. MP HP). Other than that just work on blocking cross ups since I was just doing that a lot towards the end, getting your anti airs down (cr. HP or MP DP) and make sure to practice at least one punish combo for when your opponent does something unsafe (I recommend b. MP HP xx HK tatsu).

oh and also make sure to watch your replays whenever you can. it's a lot easier to see how you mess up that way. and watching some high level play is also good so you can have an idea of what it looks like. For Ken I recommend watching Momochi.

Thanks. I actually was trying to end those combos with tatsu like you said, but I didn't always get the input in properly.

Whales

Banned
Yeah the mirror is actually pretty fun. I need to start blocking the command dash mix ups a bit more instead of trying to catch them with a button each time. GGs

Guess we got DC'd whales. I'll still play if you want.

GGs dude, I need all the ibuki experience I can get

Fun matches, was starting to get real even on that last set

GGs Whales. One thing I've noticed playing Ibuki is that it seems like I need to always keep an offensive momentum going. A few jump ins on Ibuki are so punishing with her low health. A lot of our matches felt like I started strong and then quickly gave up the lead.

Whales

Banned
GGs Whales. One thing I've noticed playing Ibuki is that it seems like I need to always keep an offensive momentum going. A few jump ins on Ibuki are so punishing with her low health. A lot of our matches felt like I started strong and then quickly gave up the lead.

I agree, ibuki is at her best (against me) when she doesnt stop with her shenanigans

mixups, that dash in move where I have no freaking idea if she will land infront or behind, those air kunais, the bomb... spam all those and im sure you would have won 3-0 lol

I agree, ibuki is at her best (against me) when she doesnt stop with her shenanigans

mixups, that dash in move where I have no freaking idea if she will land infront or behind, those air kunais, the bomb... spam all those and im sure you would have won 3-0 lol

Yeah, I've been trying to keep my Ibuki somewhat "honest", but I should probably go ham with the dash every now and then lol.

Yeah, I've been trying to keep my Ibuki somewhat "honest", but I should probably go ham with the dash every now and then lol.

The best time to do it is when you have the momentum going, it's harder for people to block mixups when you start getting to their head. I feel the thing with Ibuki is you really need to figure out when to go in and ride the momentum and when to sit back. She can easily be DPed out of any mixup if you aren't careful. One wrong read and she'll lose a ton of life.

Neoxon

Nothing to complain about anymore since people stopped rage quitting lol.

And usually this thread comes back to life at midnight EST for some reason.
There's also the fact that we all have stuff do to during the day. People coming home to get some lab time in during the night isn't that uncommon, especially for me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm back online for a bit in case anyone still wants to play. CFN EdziPC
GG Edzi!

How was the connection for you? It was solid on my end.

Edit: aw sorry to hear that. Are you on the east coast?

edit2: my next two matches were ass too despite 5 bars. i might be having an issue.

Top Bottom