• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Pompadour

someone pls tell me how to beat people that give me all rollback starting from the end of round one. at that point i can just let go of the arcade stick and wait until it's over.

also got my first ragequitter in this new world. why are you doing this to me, juri?

Mash your Crush Counter pokes. That works for me.

cackhyena

So does anyone else have the game just completely quit to desktop without even so much as an error code when in windowed mode now? Cuz I'm getting that after about fifteen minutes of play routinely and it didn't do that before.

Not if you "time" your rage quits.

"Timing your ragequits" is already improving the rage quit situation.

The only way to "time your raqequits" is to either stop playing for whatever the time period is (GOOD) or keep playing and don't lose (GOOD).

That's not "business as usual". That's a clear improvement over quitting every time you lose, whenever you lose.

This was odd.

n3FmiTD.png

Not the short kick spamming bot (that's free fight money idc) but the yellow smoke puff over his head; he'd do that at times. It would come out with every kick when it was happening.

I've never seen that before.

cackhyena

So does anyone else have the game just completely quit to desktop without even so much as an error code when in windowed mode now? Cuz I'm getting that after about fifteen minutes of play routinely and it didn't do that before.

No one else? I'm having it happen no matter what now. I'm wondering what's going on. Doesn't happen with any other game.

Hyun Sai

Wow this new drop patch sure is doing it's job, huh guys?

(3rd drop in a half hour)

I don't know, did you have 6 or 10 in half hour before lol ?

When I remember I had less than 5 people rage quitting on me in the entire time I played SFIV, the way Capcom handles this in SFV is hilariously sad.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, I think I have the game for... 2 weeks now? Anyway, having fun, some salt, but not much, I am silver now, so, I don't know, progressing well, I guess. BUT

I am playing Mika and feels cheap. lol. It feels like I skipped learning how to play part of the game to just focus on fundamentals + her super easy to do combos and setups. It's not that the matches are free or anything like that, but Mika feels like one of those characters where I am not quite playing the same game than other people.

Is this a really dumb way to think?

I am thinking of switching to Laura or Chun, but then I get lazy, lol, it's like "oh no, I will have to learn how to actually play".

Edzi

Well, I think I have the game for... 2 weeks now? Anyway, having fun, some salt, but not much, I am silver now, so, I don't know, progressing well, I guess. BUT

I am playing Mika and feels cheap. lol. It feels like I skipped learning how to play part of the game to just focus on fundamentals + her super easy to do combos and setups. It's not that the matches are free or anything like that, but Mika feels like one of those characters where I am not quite playing the same game than other people.

Is this a really dumb way to think?

I am thinking of switching to Laura or Chun, but then I get lazy, lol, it's like "oh no, I will have to learn how to actually play".

You're not wrong, Mika is designed around guessing games. She plays her own game, and forces the opponent to play it with her.

cackhyena

Great, the game quitting this last time on me caused me to lose 1,000 lp and said I can't fight for so long...or something. Juuuust dandy.

Great, the game quitting this last time on me caused me to lose 1,000 lp and said I can't fight for so long...or something. Juuuust dandy.

If you're on PS4, record that shit and upload it so Haunts or whoever can see that the system isn't working properly. If you're on PC I hope you were recording it some other way. If not then it's too bad you don't have proof to show that this really happened. I do believe that you're being honest BTW.

cackhyena

If you're on PS4, record that shit and upload it so Haunts or whoever can see that the system isn't working properly. If you're on PC I hope you were recording it some other way. If not then it's too bad you don't have proof to show that this really happened. I do believe that you're being honest BTW.

It's on PC. I have no way to record it. Since it started happening I've stuck to strictly Battle Lounge or Casual. It's happened enough in Casual now, I'm sure there's plenty of stank on my name. People thinking I'm rage quitting in Casual of all places. Funny thing is, it's always happened in the middle of sets where I'm handily up, so they gotta be double thinking wtf. Oh well.

Neoxon

It's on PC. I have no way to record it. Since it started happening I've stuck to strictly Battle Lounge or Casual. It's happened enough in Casual now, I'm sure there's plenty of stank on my name. People thinking I'm rage quitting in Casual of all places. Funny thing is, it's always happened in the middle of sets where I'm handily up, so they gotta be double thinking wtf. Oh well.
Then take a screenshot or something & explain what happened to Haunts.

cackhyena

A screenshot of what? It literally happens in an instant. No error codes. I'm just back at my desktop.

Just happened again. No warning. Was sitting in training. It's like ten minutes for that round...

No patience tonight, but I should test if it has anything to do with alt tabbing to go other places while it's on.

Unfortunately even if it isn't your fault that you went offline the game will see you no differently then a legit rage quitter. I didn't think about that when I posted earlier. It sucks that that had to happen to you but I don't think the rage quit system can differentiate how someone went offline.

cackhyena

I mean, none of that matters anyway if i can't play the game for any stretch. I'm not worried about the loss. I just want it fixed. I can build back up.

cackhyena

I thought that at first, but I think it's a good idea there too. There shouldn't be a corner of the game people like that get to hide in and still get away with their bullshit. Just weeds out those people, or makes them honest.

FluxWaveZ

I don't see the harm in it though.

If one is playing to learn, having opponents frequently forfeit on them because they can't be bothered to try to mount a comeback, because they don't like a certain MU, because they don't like how a certain player plays, etc. would be a real pain. Would probably be mostly a thing in lower leagues, but still.

Top Bottom