• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Bigg_Oggy

Wonder Y.O.G.A
m8EYTy4.jpg

Dhalsim fights with alien companions. OD

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's just weird that it's only this game. I hadn't had my tablet plugged in since I bought the game, I think. Just before this I tested Dirt rally and it was fine.

Anyways, past the 15 minute mark, guys. Thank you! Now to Grind back to get that lost 1,000 LP.

So it wasn't the anniversary update. My apologies to MS for ever doubting their incredible software which is definitely not constantly giving me problems whenever my computer has previously been asleep.

*deep bow*

Glad you got it fixed! I would have been freaking out if SFV was broken and in such a way that it cost me tons of LP and the ability to match make.

Those hero costumes are cool (with Karin's being AMAZING), but Capcom would have to do something about those painted on high cut bikini bottoms for Mika. They're sexy, but they kinda don't mesh with her hoodie. Capcom should really do cast-wide theme centric costume releases like this even if only once a year because those hero costumes are really good (I really just want Karin's).

My kingdom for a Mika costume that removes the mask and lets her hair down.

Something like the pantsuit she wore in one chapter of the UDON comics or even just casual workout clothes would be nice!

Oh my god, those costumes are amazing. Especially that Guile one, that's some primo shit.

Is there a list of CFN IDs anywhere? I transitioned to PC and now my list is empty.

'Cept for that scrub Edzi.

Ryce

You guys should probably Tweet @takaNakayama if any of the costumes interest you. He's the director of the game, and he's the one who's been posting these concepts. He said he might revisit some of them if the demand is high.

You guys should probably Tweet @takaNakayama if any of the costumes interest you. He's the director of the game, and he's the one who's been posting these concepts. He said he might revisit some of them if the demand is high.

Some of these artworks need to be translated to the damn game.

Edzi

Any of you guys gonna try KOF tonight? I just preordered it and I'm hoping I have better luck getting into this one compared to XIII.

Edzi

Will cop on PC (assuming it comes)

I'm sure it'll come to PC in a year or so, I just wanted to try it out while the community was still active.

I tried the demo. Its just not the same. The combos are way easier to do though.

That's actually good to hear, since XIII was kind of frustrating to play.

It's ps4 exclusive I thought.

*Console* exclusive, though no announcements for a PC release yet as far as I'm aware.

Mizerman

Any of you guys gonna try KOF tonight? I just preordered it and I'm hoping I have better luck getting into this one compared to XIII.

Eh, KOF is kinda low priority for me at the moment. I'll consider getting it somewhere down the road, but not right now.

- J - D -

Hello new SF5 community friends, I am new to SF5 having just picked it up last week but only starting to play online a few days ago.

Surprise, I am getting WRECKED.

Maybe I shouldn't have chosen Ibuki as my main for my first tiptoe into online ranked. I really like her moveset but I think she's meant to be more aggressive whereas I am a more defensive player.

Anyway, hello to all, I'll be posting some vids of my lame play sporadically so hopefully you can give me some tips.

I am mainly a PS4 player:

PSN/Steam: MegaRockman

Zackat

I'm waiting for netcode impressions before I think of buying KoF. If it doesn't have good netcode it's not worth it at all for me.

Hello new SF5 community friends, I am new to SF5 having just picked it up last week but only starting to play online a few days ago.

Maybe I shouldn't have chosen Ibuki as my main for my first tiptoe into online ranked. I really like her moveset but I think she's meant to be more aggressive whereas I am a more defensive player.

Anyway, hello to all, I'll be posting some vids of my lame play sporadically so hopefully you can give me some tips.

If you are a defensive player definitely give Birdie a try. Easy moveset, good normals, good AA normal with cr.MP

Welcome :)

Set the palms aflame, and have the mountain erupting, and we got a winner.

If the netcode is good and the game doesn't have 3S level balancing, I'll give it a whirl.

Thank you for not picking Ryu or Ken, you are already 60% of the way to being cool and gud. :p

- J - D -

I'm waiting for netcode impressions before I think of buying KoF. If it doesn't have good netcode it's not worth it at all for me.

If you are a defensive player definitely give Birdie a try. Easy moveset, good normals, good AA normal with cr.MP

Birdie is in my current 3 rotation with Ibuki and (rarely) Ryu. He fits my playstyle but I wish he wasn't so repugnant, lol.

Thanks!

Thank you for not picking Ryu or Ken, you are already 60% of the way to being cool and gud. :p

Ryu only for getting the hang of sf5 fundamentals, I swear!

I would love to go back to SFV right now. But those September announcements got me so excited, I don't want to touch that game until that stuff's out. Plus I kinda got back into BlazBlue for some reason.

no ragequit today, that's good. now the next best thing to improve is the netcode. wish there was an option to filter wlan players. the bars shouldn't lie and the rollback should always be at the worse connection.

can't think about game balance or new characters until this is fixed.

i will. need to wait a few more days though. i know the netcode will ruin everything i love.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They should really allow you to select characters you don't own in training mode, atleast as an opponent. Learning how to beat stuff is kind of a central part of fighting games...

edit:
My first double-P! And I was just complaining about Balrog

edit2:
I got this guy three times in a row and he always hit rematch. The 6th game was a RQ though, lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I got it, Amazon's delivering it tomorrow. I liked what I got to try in the demo for sure. I do miss the sprites of XIII but the gameplay still feels tight. I am much more a Street fighter player but have to support SNK. I just hope the netcode is solid--they would really win more casual support considering all the content in the base package. If it ever comes to PC, I would probably double dip for the inevitable mods for stuff like shaders.

JayEH

I've had KOF since last week. Can't say much about the online since I've barely played and there is supposed to be a day 1 patch to improve. It's definitely has simpler combos compared to KOF XIII but it's still a very high execution game in general and I really don't think I'll have the time to commit to another fighting game especially on that level.

Peeps saying it won't unlock until tomorrow.

Wait, really? I thought all PSN games unlocked 12 eastern?

On PSN it does say mid day which is weird since it originally said midnight. Never heard of a pre order unlocking this late on PSN.

Top Bottom