• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Pompadour

Guys, I said I'd wait until September. I lied.

giphy.gif

Playing BlazBlue made me realize just how much I appreciate the ranked matchmaking in this game. Since Blazblue and most Anime fighters just don't have one. And if they do, it doesn't matter since no one is playing BBCPEX anyway.

I'm no expert at this game, so it's great that it brings me against people that are about the same level.

Steroyd

I'm bleeding points to fucking Guiles and Juris that I never played before.

Yeah, theorising opponents weak points to exploit is one thing putting it into practice is another, get bodied and then it's back to facing Ryu's and Ken's again.

FANG is my most terryifying matchup for this reason.

Coda

The biggest thing I've noticed (which probably isn't that big, I don't know) is that there is no pause for every hit like there is in SF.

I don't think Tekken pauses either.

Yeah you really have to commit to combos and strings. It's not as pokey of a game or frame intensive as SFV.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to get stuck on the "Connecting..." screen and the one where the whole screen is white. Didn't really happen in the past. Anyone else with similar problems?

Mizerman

it's a good game, but having a block button just seems wrong to me for some reason.

not sure I will get injustice either with SFV being out. only reason I got MKX was because SF4 was old in the tooth.

Really looking forward to Tekken 7

Same. Injustice 2 just seems "meh" to me at the moment and with Tekken 7 coming out, it's a low priority at best.

- J - D -

I'll never get to silver with Ibuki T_T

Why is her V-gauge 3 stocks instead of a more manageable 2. Why why why. It wouldn't make it op, it'd make it so v-trigger was an actually viable option for her.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
had 4 in a row just now, one of them even wrote hate mail :( my connection is pretty good i think.

It all depends on your connection to them and there's no way to really know what it's like for them. I fought Edzi a couple days ago and it was totally fine for me but shitty on his end.

Even if it is you, there isn't a lot you can do other than generic stuff like reboot your router and relaunch the game, but who knows it that actually helps.

Does Ken have any way to punish from ranges further than point blank? A good Nash feels unbeatable as Ken.

I'm not an expert but I definitely try not to go for frame traps or do a lot of footsies against Nash. I try to knock him out of the air, jump in on booms (carefully), and pressure him on wakeup. But I am mostly talking about silver rank and below so your mileage may vary.

molnizzle

I'm not an expert but I definitely try not to go for frame traps or do a lot of footsies against Nash. I try to knock him out of the air, jump in on booms (carefully), and pressure him on wakeup. But I am mostly talking about silver rank and below so your mileage may vary.

I'm bronze, but just fought a Nash who was block stringing me literally the entire match but every after every ending hit he was always too far away to b+MP. I felt powerless the entire time, like he wouldn't let up but there was nothing I could do to stop him. Eventually I'd miss a block and that was that.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm bronze, but just fought a Nash who was block stringing me literally the entire match but every after every ending hit he was always too far away to b+MP. I felt powerless the entire time, like he wouldn't let up but there was nothing I could do to stop him. Eventually I'd miss a block and that was that.

Super aggressive Nash works on me too, but I try to recognize their pattern as fast as possible and also stay out of range/on the move.

remz

can always try v-reversal to see if it trips him up. I hover around silver and sometimes find that v reversal can turn shit around

Does Ken have any way to punish from ranges further than point blank? A good Nash feels unbeatable as Ken.
Nash has the same problem with his stubby hooks.

At least Ken rushes forwards into his combos, making them less likely to whiff on the followup hits. I wish Nash could do that.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For the last 2 days I have lost my ability to execute Karin's Orochi off BnB cr.mp to MP with any consistency. Just totally lost it. It's as if the wires in my brain are crossed from doing Tenko juggles. So frustrating. I was doing really well in my execution for a while too. Guess I will take a couple of days off--I have been doing super long sessions in Training, even doing CPU level 8 to try stuff on. Need to refresh/reset.

Durden77

So what saved data in this game is saved locally? I have 2 PS4's in the house and wanna make sure I don't fuck up my game. Also I always get the "data was failed to upload" message with this game's saved data for some reason. My online storage has plenty of room.

DD-11

Is there a trick to cancelling balrog dash punches into over head? It seems really tight. Am I just not doing it fast enough?

I'M A BOLROG KILLER TONIGHT!!!

Three Balrogs in a row back to back, each one giving me hell in the beginning but I persevered over all of them in the end. The last one didn't even want the runback.

Also got my 5-0 sets for the night.

Steroyd

Rush them down, he has slow start ups on his moves, and you can stuff most of his attacks before they come out, which is why he gets boned if caught in the corner with his only 2 real options being v reversal or v trigger... Or a Yolo ex scythe between attack strings -_- , punishing Nash after his attacks are really hard.

Defensive keep away Nash's are the bane of my existance, I've got to learn how to constantly apply pressure without predictably jumping in.

Top Bottom