• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

cackhyena

So if I wanna mess with mods, Is Mod Manager a good one to go with? I have it now but it doesn't look anywhere near as slick as whatever I saw Maximilian using the other night on his stream.

remz

So if I wanna mess with mods, Is Mod Manager a good one to go with? I have it now but it doesn't look anywhere near as slick as whatever I saw Maximilian using the other night on his stream.

Pak Mod Manager or PMM? I think it circulates on reddit mainly. Get dat goth juri mod.

Big Brett

I see one bar, so we'll see how this goes Scrafty lol

omg its a slideshow lmao. sorry, can't do this haha. One day we'll take this to the STREETS.

Zackat

It looks like MKXL is coming to PC
fucking finally
, so I grabbed the base MKX for dirt cheap to get a jump on things.

I had a lot of fun with MK9 and Injustice for single player... it'll be interesting to see if I can stomach a Netherrealm after so much time with SFV.

it's a good game, but having a block button just seems wrong to me for some reason.

not sure I will get injustice either with SFV being out. only reason I got MKX was because SF4 was old in the tooth.

Really looking forward to Tekken 7

Coda

fucking finally

I had a lot of fun with MK9 and Injustice for single player... it'll be interesting to see if I can stomach a Netherrealm after so much time with SFV.

I've been playing it at my buddy's place lately as he's into MK more than me. I really only play Bo' Rai Cho and maybe Tanya but I definitely prefer playing MK on pad especially trying to get used to a block button and the whole pacing of the game. The footsies and punish windows are so different than SFV.

I've been playing it at my buddy's place lately as he's into MK more than me. I really only play Bo' Rai Cho and maybe Tanya but I definitely prefer playing MK on pad especially trying to get used to a block button and the whole pacing of the game. The footsies and punish windows are so different than SFV.
The biggest thing I've noticed (which probably isn't that big, I don't know) is that there is no pause for every hit like there is in SF.

I don't think Tekken pauses either.

I know I'll spend a bunch of time with Tekken for sure. I'm in starvation mode with 3D fighters at this point. I haven't touched one since VF5:FS!

It's hard not to keep gravitating towards SF and KoF in the end, though.

Jesus, ya know what I just realized? I'm not a huge Tekken guy, so the last 3D fighter I played was I think MK vs DC lol.

I might've played a single match of DOA5 when that got f2p, but that doesn't count.

Edit: Oh wait no, I'm super wrong. It was Soul Calibur V which was the last 3d fighter I got into. But even then, that's still very far away.

Jesus, ya know what I just realized? I'm not a huge Tekken guy, so the last 3D fighter I played was I think MK vs DC lol.

I might've played a single match of DOA5 when that got f2p, but that doesn't count.

Edit: Oh wait no, I'm super wrong. It was Soul Calibur V which was the last 3d fighter I got into. But even then, that's still very far away.

I think the last 3D fighter I played was Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube, however I did try DOA5 f2p as well. I found it really difficult to fit back into the 3D fighter formula and didn't enjoy it at all. Something about 2D fighters just feels so right.

It's interesting when 3D took off in the mid to late 90s that it felt like the way to go and 2D was somewhat dated and done, but now I couldn't be without 2D. Maybe I'm just old and clinging on to the past.

Hyun Sai

I
It's interesting when 3D took off in the mid to late 90s that it felt like the way to go and 2D was somewhat dated and done, but now I couldn't be without 2D. Maybe I'm just old and clinging on to the past.

Nah, I always felt 3D was not an evolution of the 2D fighting game, more like a side step (no pun intended).

fucking finally

I had a lot of fun with MK9 and Injustice for single player... it'll be interesting to see if I can stomach a Netherrealm game after so much time with SFV.

Ed boon says a lot of things on twitter, his cryptic tweet is cute, but WB calls the shots, unless they confirm anything I wouldn't say it's confirmed yet.

fucking finally

I had a lot of fun with MK9 and Injustice for single player... it'll be interesting to see if I can stomach a Netherrealm game after so much time with SFV.

Will XL be a free upgrade for MKX owners?

I'm just biding my time until Tekken 7 and Revelator PC, tbh.

So any one knows when we are getting urien??

October 1st probably, lol

LakeEarth

So close to ultra-gold that I can taste it, I touched 6400BP, but then lost a couple. I can't help but lose to the occasional gold player, which causes a pretty hefty drop in points. I can't imagine what it's like for high plats, every loss being such a drop.

FluxWaveZ

So close to ultra-gold that I can taste it, I touched 6400BP, but then lost a couple. I can't help but lose to the occasional gold player, which causes a pretty hefty drop in points. I can't imagine what it's like for high plats, every loss being such a drop.

Since the matchmaking patch, that's not really an issue anymore. When I was Ultra Platinum before the patch, 80% of my matches were against Silver players or lower, and it was a pain, especially when I became restless and ended up losing a ton of points by being reckless. Now, the league discrepancy will prevent situations where you'll literally get 1 LP from winning or lose a million by losing.

There'll still be times when, as a Diamond player, I'll be matched up against a Platinum player, but that's fine, and I'm guessing that 1-league-difference matching is the norm for all leagues. It gets problematic when it's more than that.

Neoxon

She lost her Feng Shui Engine from 4. Whatever she has now is not as powerful.
Oh right, Bison jacked Juri's old eye & the replacement that Juri got was the Alpha version.

Sorry, I woke up not too long ago & my memory is playing tricks on me.

Nah, I always felt 3D was not an evolution of the 2D fighting game, more like a side step (no pun intended).

Considering that 3D MK was blowing up super hard (Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon) at that time, I think the only prominant 2D fighter was Guilty Gear.

So in a way, it felt like an evolution to some people. Even if those games were trash.

She lost her Feng Shui Engine from 4. Whatever she has now is not as powerful.

We don't know this, the FS engine is just a mini tanden engine, her previous eye had problems with the time limit until they improved it.
All we can say is that the eye she currently has isn't as advanced because it also has a time limit, not if it's any weaker.

Heck seeing how the tanden engine is black/white as well, the pink of her previous eye could've just been because it was custom made for her.

Top Bottom