• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

Got rage quit on by a silver Ryu player named xShdw_DeMoN. Guess he didn't like that I dropped him from Super Silver to Silver in the previous match.

Coda

giphy.gif

Why cant this dude be in season 2?

Losing in this game feels a lot fairer than most fighters. In BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, you'd get completely destroyed without any thought on how you can improve other than "getting gud" (at least if you're a rookie like me). But I feel with SFV, especially with the amazing ranking system, I can see the problems my playstyle has a lot more thoroughly, and it's a lot funner and easier to improve.

Also Mika's the best and anyone that doesn't like Mika should get gud.

lol

Enter guest character Bob. Welcome!

We really need a guest character right now.

Grifter

I'm inspired now to enter this local regional major with the GAF tag now. Pressure's on to build my game back up within a month to not disgrace it!

So on the ropes with this one. Not sure if I'll go, or if I even have the means to. I'll have to talk to some people at our scene about it.

Are you close to TO? Need an online training buddy? ;)

FluxWaveZ

Are you close to TO? Need an online training buddy? ;)

Montreal, so sure. Don't think I quite need an online training buddy right now, though. Depends I guess: who do you play, and what's your skill level?

I live in the area so I guess hmu if you have any questions about optimal hotels/travel/airbnb/restaurant stuff.

Cool, I'll have to get back to you on that when I think about it more.

The competition there's sure to be a lot crazier than Dreamhack MTL...

Grifter

Montreal, so sure. Don't think I quite need an online training buddy right now, though. Depends I guess: who do you play, and what's your skill level?

I think we played a while back? I was Karin and got to 5000LP and growing, then real life made me peace out for a while so I've gone back to basics lately on Ryu.

I was thinking about competing at Canada Cup this year but money's pretty tight at the moment so I may just go to spectate & play casuals. I mean, _someone's_ gotta be there to rep Alex!

Shadoken

Good set. I noticed you like to use Nj.HK for Vegas walldives. I think you might have done better with jumping towards vega with J.MP , it will net lesser damage but is waaay more consistent in punishing his dives. Even the EX ones. You also land faster and can go for Throw,Meaty mixup.

Am surprised Flash didnt start going for some St.LKs after you shimmed him so hard ( I srsly hate how fast this comes out lol ). But you picked your shimmy spots well.

FluxWaveZ

Lol why. You should go , even if you lose to some top international player. Playing them is an experience. You might even see some other player beat the player you lost to and learn a lot from that match.

Yeah, you're right. It'd just cost me more than I might be able to afford, but I'm getting involved in the scene enough that going there is tempting, and going against the bigger names in SF would certainly be an experience.

Neat. I like the shimmies; I wish I could pull it off more as Mika, but I feel like everyone just always sits down and blocks when I try to do it. I guess it's because of the thought that, if a grappler was gonna try to throw you, you wouldn't be teching it anyways and you'd either be jumping or backdashing. Gotta condition them with more normal throws before I can do it myself.

Like me, you have to work on your meaty timings and hit confirms. I swear it always seems like Vega's st.LK is faster that other 3-framers out there.

Nice Murderface going there. It just comes over you before the match like a cloud. Tokido-level there.

Heh, never really thought much about it until I started going to locals and people started talking about my expression when I play.

Shadoken

I swear it always seems like Vega's st.LK is faster that other 3-framers out there..

I have this exact same problem. There has to be something up here. Its weirdly harder to meaty Vega than other 3-framers. Even though that makes absolutely no goddamn sense.

Ugh, if some of y'all thought the RQ situation in SFV was bad, KOFXIV is simply lousy with cowards right now. Of the 20 ranked matches I've played today, 9 ended in the opponent RQing right as I was about to land the last blow. I could always see it coming too cuz they'd stop moving abruptly and then the game would freeze for a few seconds :/

I wonder what drives someone to RQ. Maybe I could do an article on the entire ragequitter mindset if I could find some willing participants to interview and observe...

Pompadour

Ugh, if some of y'all thought the RQ situation in SFV was bad, KOFXIV is simply lousy with cowards right now. Of the 20 ranked matches I've played today, 9 ended in the opponent RQing right as I was about to land the last blow. I could always see it coming too cuz they'd stop moving abruptly and then the game would freeze for a few seconds :/

I wonder what drives someone to RQ. Maybe I could do an article on the entire ragequitter mindset if I could find some willing participants to interview and observe...

The game has both a "Win 5 Ranked Matches in a Row" trophy and a "Win 10 Ranked Matches in a Row" trophy which is big rage quitter bait.

JayEH

I thought there was a rage quit penalty in KOF? Thought I heard them talk about it during evo but I could be mistaken.

FluxWaveZ

Research material.

249938.gif

251806.gif

255360.gif

Top Bottom