• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

The top 3 characters that I'm always scared to shimmy (Yup shimmy, not get shimmied by) are Gief, Bison , and Vega. Gief for his EX Command Grab that has insane range, and Vega and Bison for their stupid long range on their normal grabs, and nothing pisses me off then getting scooped on a shimmy.

Those gifs nearly brought me to tears.
The top 3 characters that I'm always scared to shimmy (Yup shimmy, not get shimmied by) are Gief, Bison , and Vega. Gief for his EX Command Grab that has insane range, and Vega and Bison for their stupid long range on their normal grabs, and nothing pisses me off then getting scooped on a shimmy.
I'm pretty sure all his command grabs have insane range.

FluxWaveZ

GGs. You got a shimmy on me, but what particularly messed me up was your use of V-Trigger. Something about the timing or how you use it is different from other Nash players I've gone against, and it was always hitting me. I should just continue guarding in the same direction when the screen goes all nuts.

As good as Chun is, she's not unbalanced or OP'd tho.

mj-laughing.gif

Whales

Banned
Serious question, I'm not trying to prove a point or you wrong or be funny or anything.

What are her weaknesses? She obviously has to have some but I can't think of any.

she doesnt have a meterless dp?

other than that..nothing

this bitch even has a comboable overhead
You and I both know that as bad as Chun is, Ryu is worse.

at least ryu is honest, he doesnt have stupid shenanigans like nash or chun IMO

Ugh, if some of y'all thought the RQ situation in SFV was bad, KOFXIV is simply lousy with cowards right now. Of the 20 ranked matches I've played today, 9 ended in the opponent RQing right as I was about to land the last blow. I could always see it coming too cuz they'd stop moving abruptly and then the game would freeze for a few seconds :/

I wonder what drives someone to RQ. Maybe I could do an article on the entire ragequitter mindset if I could find some willing participants to interview and observe...

RQ is bad. And the "System" is worse now because lag switching/Alt tabbing is a big issue and stuck fighting these players and Capcom still haven't address anything. Today I faced a Birdie played named "hillaryclinton" and after winning the first game he stood idle for a few seconds until he started playing again where he started to lag.

cackhyena

Lol, just barely edged out a Mika in Ranked who at the last possible second pulled the plug. I bet dude felt like it should have been his...it should have.

His EX is grab invincible
You didn't say that. What you talked about was it's range, not grab invincibility.
Its really just the light SPD. The Ex does have range but isnt a vacuum like the light version.
I mean his EX grab still has range relative to the rest of the cast. I'd do horrible things to have even 70% of Gief's command grab range across the board with Alex.
You and I both know that as bad as Chun is, Ryu is worse.
For me, a yolo Ken is worse than any Ryu.
All three of them are terrible.
at least ryu is honest, he doesnt have stupid shenanigans like nash or chun IMO
There is nothing honest about a character with Ryu's j.lk, insane damage/stun and aa crossup beating 3 frame jab despite having a meterless reversal. Of the top 8 characters Karin and Vega are probably the most honest. Even then I know some people will disagree because Ryu has stubby normals or something.

Whales

Banned
annnd another DC, I really dont get wtf is wrong today

1 more DC and I lose 1000lp and am banned 1 day, that's nice to know

Anyone else been having nothing but the laggiest matches over the past few days? Every match I have is just roll backs and straight up nonsense. It's infuriating!

Whales

Banned
I have no clue how people can srk outta lights so easily. Ive been practicing for the whole day and I can do it maybe 1/2 of the time, and only when im facing the right side

even with the df , d , df trick, this timing is really thight..

This might seem like a strange question to ask but is there a picture of only the V by itself from the SFV logo? I'm playing fantasy football and wanted to use the V as my icon since my last name starts with a V and I created a nickname using it.

This might seem like a strange question to ask but is there a picture of only the V by itself from the SFV logo? I'm playing fantasy football and wanted to use the V as my icon since my last name starts with a V and I created a nickname using it.

I've looked for this before, but theres little to no variations like this. Best I could find was this.

Top Bottom