• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

LakeEarth

Nice that they restored his account in about an hour, but how does this even happen?

Sounds like if you quit out of SFV while the game is searching for a match, it'll still register it as a drop. That's ridiculous, though I can see how bug testing would've missed that.

I finally crept my way into ultra-gold! Now to switch to casuals to keep my rank while getting my ass beat by some platinum players. Only way I'll level up.

Sounds like if you quit out of SFV while the game is searching for a match, it'll still register it as a drop. That's ridiculous, though I can see how bug testing would've missed that.

I finally crept my way into ultra-gold! Now to switch to casuals to keep my rank while getting my ass beat by some platinum players. Only way I'll level up.

There's ONE GUY. ONLY THE ONE GUY. *sigh*

If they'd hire another fellow, they coulda caught this. :p

mj-laughing.gif

I've beaten a good number of higher ranked Chun players with my Laura, cleanly. I guess I just know the match up and their tendencies.

Also, I say this because there's still hasn't been any majors won with any Chuns yet. She powerful enough to consistently get there (but so have other characters), but she don't be winning. If she was dominating them, then maybe I'd agree.

Edzi

It has become very VERY clear that their online infrastructure for the game is an utter mess. The fact that they have no way of identifying who actually RQ was our first indication, and now we're also seeing that all of their solutions thus far have been weird and not optimal workarounds instead of actual fixes.

FluxWaveZ

I've beaten a good number of higher ranked Chun players with my Laura, cleanly. I guess I just know the match up and their tendencies.

I mean, I apparently win approximately 73% of my matches against Chun-Li online, but it's a very different deal when I face some of the Chun-Lis at locals. The character's got some weird stuff that she might not really need. She's definitely one of the top candidates to be tuned down when the time comes.

Why do you think chun is OP

Even top Chuns acknowledge that she's very powerful. Her normals are fast and far-reaching. She's got the fireballs. She's got the EX reversal. She's got the speed. She's got the crazy ass V-Trigger. She's got good air options. She's got good pressure options. She's got good pokes. She doesn't have any real weaknesses, and she's got some wonky stuff like how her b+st.HP can act as an AA.

She's not crazy OP, but she absolutely has the makings of a character that will get nerfed.

Producer

Also, I say this because there's still hasn't been any majors won with any Chuns yet. She powerful enough to consistently get there (but so have other characters), but she don't be winning. If she was dominating them, then maybe I'd agree.

Chun has definately won several CPT events. Not any premiers yet but still. Honestly i think the only thing that would be fair is to reduce her VT timer. Otherwise balance wise shes good.
yeah im a chun main lol

Whales

Banned
Chun has definately won several CPT events. Not any premiers yet but still. Honestly i think the only thing that would be fair is to reduce her VT timer. Otherwise balance wise shes good.
yeah im a chun main lol

make her air legs not +1 and thats good too

I have no clue why her Vtrigger lasts 50 mins tho

Chun's St.HP is broken as hell. it out ranges all the normals in the game, is safe on block and be used as a hit confirm to CA and V-trigger.

Meanwhile Ken struggles in the ground game because how shit his fireball is.

I mean, I apparently win approximately 73% of my matches against Chun-Li online, but it's a very different deal when I face some of the Chun-Lis at locals. The character's got some weird stuff that she might not really need. She's definitely one of the top candidates to be tuned down when the time comes.

Even top Chuns acknowledge that she's very powerful. Her normals are fast and far-reaching. She's got the fireballs. She's got the EX reversal. She's got the speed. She's got the crazy ass V-Trigger. She's got good air options. She's got good pressure options. She's got good pokes. She doesn't have any real weaknesses, and she's got some wonky stuff like how her b+st.HP can act as an AA.

She's not crazy OP, but she absolutely has the makings of a character that will get nerfed.

Very powerful and overpowered are still very separate things. I doubt anyone now thinks that she's weak. I thought she was strong and dope since the first beta, back when she was both mostly ignored and had even more powerful tricks that have since been removed. Her only real weakness is that all of her non-ex specials (save air legs) are fairly punishable on block and about the 1 normal that is, cr. mp, tho most good chuns aren't throwing them out willy nilly of course (except air legs, lol) and rely on her normal pressure. I do think she has 1-too many AA options, but even still, not OP-ed.

Shadoken

Any of you bay area Gaffers go to the locals? I Mostly to the weeklies in South bay(Sharkade) and SF(Churning the butter). You should drop by if you havent already , Its a lot of fun :D

Edzi

Any of you bay area Gaffers go to the locals? I Mostly to the weeklies in South bay(Sharkade) and SF(Churning the butter).

I would if there was a scene in the East Bay or if they took place on weekends. I've been to the SF's showdown a few times but never competed in the tournament, though I'm usually busy Tues/Thurs evenings. I've gone to one South Bay event, but it's too much of a hassle to drive all the way down there after work every week.

I'd go to Churning the Butter but for the life of me I can't find out the event information online. I've looked up the Foundry and Showdown facebook pages and if the details are there I haven't seen it. Looking at the events calander the days seem pretty random and they don't do a good job of posting info ahead of schedule.

Like if I want to play MTG I can look at any shop's facebook and see several week's worth of events with times and entry fees, etc.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214971672]I'd go to Churning the Butter but for the life of me I can't find out the event information online. I've looked up the Foundry and Showdown facebook pages and if the details are there I haven't seen it. Looking at the events calander the days seem pretty random and they don't do a good job of posting info ahead of schedule.[/QUOTE]

Assuming things haven't changed, it's every Thursday night and it costs $5 to get in. Their FB seems pretty up to date though (and mentions no SF tonight), you sure you checked the right one?

Floex

Seeing SFV on sale has got me wanting, season pass edition for an extra £10, for an average SF player is it worth getting?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214971672]I'd go to Churning the Butter but for the life of me I can't find out the event information online. I've looked up the Foundry and Showdown facebook pages and if the details are there I haven't seen it. Looking at the events calander the days seem pretty random and they don't do a good job of posting info ahead of schedule.

Like if I want to play MTG I can look at any shop's facebook and see several week's worth of events with times and entry fees, etc.[/QUOTE]
https://www.facebook.com/showdownesports/events?key=events

?

Shadoken

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214971672]I'd go to Churning the Butter but for the life of me I can't find out the event information online. I've looked up the Foundry and Showdown facebook pages and if the details are there I haven't seen it. Looking at the events calander the days seem pretty random and they don't do a good job of posting info ahead of schedule.

Like if I want to play MTG I can look at any shop's facebook and see several week's worth of events with times and entry fees, etc.[/QUOTE]

Just join the SRK Ex-Factor Facebook group , almost every Norcal event gets posted on there.

And follow Showdown eSports for CTB stuff.

JayEH

Seeing SFV on sale has got me wanting, season pass edition for an extra £10, for an average SF player is it worth getting?

Yes. You'll get the 6 DLC characters and all their colors , a costume for each of the DLC characters all the colors for each of the costumes as well, (the colors will be unlocked during the next patch in Sept) and a new stage.

It'll allow you to spend you in-game currency on cosmetic stuff instead of hoarding it to buy the complete roster. If that's worth it to you, go for it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Or get the whole second season pretty easily for free. Assuming everything will work the way it did.

Durden77

So which app is better, Vframes or FAT?

I really like Vframes a lot, but there's a couple of little things I don't. Like it not showing counter hit frame data and it's a little slow to update. Juri's frame data still isn't available for instance.

You put up the Jordan guffawing gif at the thought of her mentioned being balance and requesting nerfs...so...that means you were essentially implying that she's OP'd.

Where did I request for nerfs? And I was laughing at someone thinking Chun is balanced lol, because IMO she isn't at all. never said she was overpowered

Bob White

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214989951]Lol for some reason I thought it was September already.

#workfromhomeproblems[/QUOTE]

Building lego houses counts as work now? :p

This joke is coming from the one time I met you at evo a few years back and you told me you were going to build Bluth houses

Building lego houses counts as work now? :p

This joke is coming from the one time I met you at evo a few years back and you told me you were going to build Bluth houses

Oh yeah I remember that. set up easy blueprints and let the money roll in. When I was a kid I really wanted to be a senator because I had a mistaken belief that they got a lifetime salary.

Basically anything it took to get on easy street. I'm an illustrator and I have fun painting stuff and don't have to drive to work so that's close enough for me!

Where did I request for nerfs? And I was laughing at someone thinking Chun is balanced lol, because IMO she isn't at all. never said she was overpowered

You plainly said that the only person you feel warrants complaint of balancing is Chun. If you figure she's unbalanced and are obviously stating it in the stance of having too much or too strong or whatever, then that lends credence that you wish her to be docked down a bit, i.e. nerfed. Just cuz you don't use said specific words, but say everything to imply as such, why then later refute not outright saying 1 particular word when your point was the same thing that the word means regardless? Just own that shit already, lol.

That someone that you were laughing at was I in stating that I didn't feel that she wasn't balanced or overpowered.

You plainly said that the only person you feel warrants complaint of balancing is Chun. If you figure she's unbalanced and are obviously stating it in the stance of having too much or too strong or whatever, then that lends credence that you wish her to be docked down a bit, i.e. nerfed. Just cuz you don't use said specific words, but say everything to imply as such, why then later refute not outright saying 1 particular word when your point was the same thing that the word means regardless? Just own that shit already, lol.

That someone that you were laughing at was I in stating that I didn't feel that she wasn't balanced or overpowered.

IMO Chun definitely deserves any complaints she receives in regards to balancing. That's all I gotta say lol

Top Bottom