• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Tan

So which app is better, Vframes or FAT?

I really like Vframes a lot, but there's a couple of little things I don't. Like it not showing counter hit frame data and it's a little slow to update. Juri's frame data still isn't available for instance.

The lack of juri data made me go to FAT. The ui doesn't feel as good but it's still getting updates with new features like the oki calculator which is super awesome.

Whales

Banned
At least, thr balance of this game is pretty good. There's no character that completely "shits" on everyone else and like 10 of the 16(? or 18?) launch chars are pretty viable. The dlc kinda changed the proportion cuz most of them are low tier

Serious question, I'm not trying to prove a point or you wrong or be funny or anything.

What are her weaknesses? She obviously has to have some but I can't think of any.

Well, I mentioned her punishable specials already, but also, low health and while she can dish out consistent damage, she doesn't deal out huge damage (I get that the former kinda can make the latter moot tho). Most of her "weak" stuff she has ways to get around it, but they're still there tho, like floaty jumps (negated by means of change of air trajectory), invincible reversal dependent upon meter (still has one tho, of couse, just saying tho).

IMO Chun definitely deserves any complaints she receives in regards to balancing. That's all I gotta say lol

Ok.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe. Tho every good chun I've ever played pull that shit off seemingly effortless. At least 90% of the time they attempt it. That's more than good enough.

I wasn't referring to good Chun-Li players; I was referring to me picking her up in Training mode for the second time. It's tighter timing than I would have expected and relatively harder to pull off compared to other BnBs.

Edit: morisv is you Morris, right? GGs. Great Chun-Li, huh.

Shadoken

The one thing I wanted nerfed for Chun is adding more recovery to her EX DP.

Out of all the DPs , this is the only one where if you bait it and dont block it ( like say a backdash to bait) or if you block it somewhat far. Its super hard to punish , its just -12 so dashing in or walking might not give you a crush counter punish. I mean she is already such a strong char , if I bait a DP I should be rewarded with a CC combo.

in SF4 she had some sort of vaccum property on her EX SBK , so you get dragged into the blockstun making it easier to punish.

Durden77

The one thing I wanted nerfed for Chun is adding more recovery to her EX DP.

Out of all the DPs , this is the only one where if you bait it and dont block it ( like say a backdash to bait). Its super hard to punish , its just -12 so dashing in or walking might not give you a crush counter punish. I mean she is already such a strong char , if I bait a DP I should be rewarded with a CC combo.

That's about the only thing I could think of to nerf on her.

Yes she's strong as hell but the player has to be strong as hell too and use oretty much every single one of her options efficiently. I think she's balanced fine.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Shadoken

Lmao. I can see that being put to good use in some future threads.

The gaming section seems to have finally "Forgotten" SFV. Thank god.
I am surprised there isnt a thread about Capcom falsely giving the RQ penalty to some players. Or how Urien didnt release in August. Followed by 1000 posts about how SFV sucks.

Edit :
I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas lol.

Tan

Am I crazy for thinking Juri is just bad?
I've yet to play a good one, and I've been trying to learn her since her release and getting absolutely nowhere.

remz

Am I crazy for thinking Juri is just bad?
I've yet to play a good one, and I've been trying to learn her since her release and getting absolutely nowhere.

I wish her damage was a little higher but I think she's fun. I like her fast dash, grab and the cancels in v-trigger/with stores is fun too. I'm only around silver though so ymmv.

Probably the hardest part about her is managing stores, remembering to do it after a knockdown, etc. I also always fuck up and get other moves instead of DP because of all her special moves being on kick.

FluxWaveZ

You need to cancel MK very late. Probably the hardest BnB in the game.

I see. I'll keep that in mind and go back in training mode sometime so I can master it.

GGs Flux. My eyes are fully opened,Ibuki is complete ass.

GGs! I guess I hear she isn't great, but she's got some tricky stuff that'll mess me up. She kind of has that momentum explosiveness that a Mika or Laura has when it comes to totally dominating a round and entering the opponent's head, but she needs more resources for it, and she counts on resets a bit more for that damage.

Tan

She's middle of the road. What are you having problems with

Getting charges, punishing at range, and opening people up in general. I feel like to perform well she really needs her fireball charge to get anything going but it's so hard to get charges against a lot of the cast. Her grab range is good but you can't even safely get a charge after it.

Also what's up with that target combo? It whiffs on crouching opponents so it doesn't work even on most jump ins. Are there good ways to hit confirm into that?

KingBroly

Banned

I don't look like either of those people. :p

And those other games aren't on PC...yet, anyways

At least it's not as bad or disappointing as No Man's Sky. I thought for sure SF5 had that award wrapped up, but there's about 10-15 things for every thing SF5 has in regards to missing content/disappointing stuff.

Whales

Banned
how is one even supposed to guess which side ibuki is going to go there? lol

Poor Whales always has to go through the Ibuki gauntlet. I would play some Alex, but I don't have enough FM to get him back.

well, ill end up gitting gud vs her one day after all of this

True, just seems like it might get a bit tiring. I need to find some Juri players. I've only played against her once in casual match since she's come out.

GGs man! I was going to stay for a little more, but I gotta make some dinner.

the thing is that in both cases her animation shows her going BEHIND me, but in one case shes actually infront and in the other shes behind. Just real weird

The first mixup I got you with is ambiguous because when you land, your body falls almost right on top of me so it can end up on either side. The second one where I juggled you with the ex kunai into her split kick, I hide with side I end up with the bomb.

Durden77

God dammit my bullshit internet has disconnected me from like 2 games tonight. What's the limit before I'm penalized again? Now I'm afraid to play. And does disconnecting from casual matches count? Because it did it to me in one of those.

I'm doing so good tonight too..

Whales

Banned
God dammit my bullshit internet has disconnected me from like 2 games tonight. What's the limit before I'm penalized again? Now I'm afraid to play. And does disconnecting from casual matches count? Because it did it to me in one of those.

I'm doing so good tonight too..

1 more and you're in trouble buddy

Also ive been DCing a lot lately, it's not my internet either ( I asked around and wasn't the only one)
Capcom's servers are being ass right now for some reason

Also ive been DCing a lot lately, it's not my internet either ( I asked around and wasn't the only one)

Yeah, every single one of my matches in casual fails to retrieve data at the end. Battle lounge too actually.

Durden77

Hm maybe that's why it's happening. My internet and matches run great, but sometimes it just decides to shut off for a few minutes. My internet that is. But this may be server side because the interwebz was still working on my phone.

Well fuck. How long do I have to wait? And do casuals count or can I keep playing those? I was Guile'n so HARD.

Mizerman

The gaming section seems to have finally "Forgotten" SFV. Thank god.
I am surprised there isnt a thread about Capcom falsely giving the RQ penalty to some players. Or how Urien didnt release in August. Followed by 1000 posts about how SFV sucks.

Edit :
I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas lol.

Pfft. Thanks for jinxing it. :p

Top Bottom