• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

Pfft. Thanks for jinxing it. :p
People are busy talking shit about NMS and praising KoF as the second coming of Christ for fighting games lol which makes me wonder how many of them actually tried the games and how many are jumping on the bandwagon of the reviews.

Riposte

Does anyone have experience or advice with getting hit with a false-positive ban? After playing very, very laggy matches online, only exiting them when opted to at the end of them, I got banned for 24 hours from online play upon my next time logging on again. Maybe setting up port forwarding, as advised in an official Haunts blog post, caused it? Would it be optimistic to presume I can challenge this?

DR2K

Banned
Am I crazy for thinking Juri is just bad?
I've yet to play a good one, and I've been trying to learn her since her release and getting absolutely nowhere.

Look up Sako's Juri. She is a very good character, but essentially a new character in V.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Watch the last WNF, a really good Juri got 2nd, beating quite a few known players. Also, Alex Valle streams a lot playing her.

I don't think she's bad tbh. She might be the best DLC character.

God dammit my bullshit internet has disconnected me from like 2 games tonight. What's the limit before I'm penalized again? Now I'm afraid to play. And does disconnecting from casual matches count? Because it did it to me in one of those.

I'm doing so good tonight too..

i wish the game would just disconnect me. instead, i get russian ryu on pc that just jabs me out of everything from half screen away.

molnizzle

Are any of these guys top level players? I don't recognize any of the names but I'm still new here.

Liquid`NuckleDu
I.C.E. (Ice)
Hollywood Sleep
RnG| Jesh
MBBM| Loud1
OC | Yatchinator
U90_BobbyE
kiranomercy
MrHoward123
Khan
Jayto
Bokkin

That's my pool tomorrow at Absolute Battle. It'd be nice to not go 0-2, but eh. #bronzelife

thelastword

Banned
HA, this made me laugh, lol.

Are any of these guys top level players? I don't recognize any of the names but I'm still new here.

That's my pool tomorrow at Absolute Battle. It'd be nice to not go 0-2, but eh. #bronzelife
Your pool has Nuckledu who is arguably one of the best US Street Fighter players right now.

Don't know about the others though.

Nothing is better to get your heart pumping than having a Rashid corner you.

It's not hard when he as weak air to air. I just either air throw or jump light to get him off. But what's bullshit is his Light Spinning Mixer. It's suppose to be -2 and yet it's a frametrap when playing them online.

oh, good. lol

Google is telling me that Hollywood Sleep won Evo this year for KI.

should be a fun first tournament experience. =)

Just try to have fun, that's the most important part.

Also if you're serious about getting better, then you should try asking your opponents or some good players in general what you did wrong or if they can give you any tips. A lot of the good players are very friendly and were probably where you are at some point too.

molnizzle

Just try to have fun, that's the most important part.

Also if you're serious about getting better, then you should try asking your opponents or some good players in general what you did wrong or if they can give you any tips. A lot of the good players are very friendly and were probably where you are at some point too.

Yeah the main reason I decided to go was to be able to watch and learn. The venue is like 20 minutes from my house, might as well go. Looking at the other pools there's gonna be a lot of top players here.

mbpm1

NuckleDu just won the last major 6-2 with R Mika

Have fun!

mitchlol

Just played 3 FT 5 against an Ibuki of the same rank as me. Damn it was fun, her jump is so ambiguous so many times I would think it's in front but it crosses me up. I struggled with Gief against her losing 4-5 she was able to just sit back and throw kunai and I had a rough time getting in. I had more luck with Alex and Balrog.

Of the DLC characters I think Ibuki is the most technical and I hope I see more Ibuki in tournaments her mix up game is strong. Although I suspect she gets blown up by characters with invincible DP.

This is me, I hate SFV not because it's a bad game, i love the fighting mechanics, i hate it because the Netcode is so fucking shitty...

Take yesterday, I am fighting my friend, he's using Chun Li, doing her head stomp, blocked all of them she goes from mid-air to the ground into wild CA, I lose...I literally saw the character rubberband to the ground into CA...fix your fucking shit Crapcom..

JayEH

Does anyone have experience or advice with getting hit with a false-positive ban? After playing very, very laggy matches online, only exiting them when opted to at the end of them, I got banned for 24 hours from online play upon my next time logging on again. Maybe setting up port forwarding, as advised in an official Haunts blog post, caused it? Would it be optimistic to presume I can challenge this?

Contact Capcom support and explain it them. There have been other cases similar to this.

Is RQ causing to both players to DC from the server? I was disconnected when beating a player after the first round in the second game. There wasen't any issue with my internet and quickly been able to log back in.

Is RQ causing to both players to DC from the server? I was disconnected when beating a player after the first round in the second game. There wasen't any issue with my internet and quickly been able to log back in.

You shouldn't have to log back in if it was the opponent that DCed

He and Ryu really shouldn't have this.

What makes it so strong is that you can whiff a slow ass move and still have enough time to st.LP AA into 50/50 lol.

For example, I'm playing a friend, he does a seismo/v-skill with Necalli, I try to jump and punish, didn't jump early enough, st.LP AA, fake cross up V-trigger cancel 50% gg. I don't know why a character with a DP already would have this as an option too lol.

Another example, he does Necalli's slow ass st.HK in the corner, I jump back to try punish.. st.LP AA beats out my air attack free then back into the guessing game lol this shit was a mistake

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Might have nothing to do with RQing. I've just dropped off the server in the middle of a match once or twice. I assumed my powerline adapter was fucking up, but I was able to log right back in.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm trying to go to air-to-airs more often and I noticed that my opponent recovers before me if I hit one succesfully. And quite a bit apparently since my 3 frame jab is losing to slow moves. How was this in other games? It feels kind of cheap. Like how am I in a pretty bad position because I just countered your jump-in?

So I'm trying to go to air-to-airs more often and I noticed that my opponent recovers before me if I hit one succesfully. And quite a bit apparently since my 3 frame jab is losing to slow moves. How was this in other games? It feels kind of cheap. Like how am I in a pretty bad position because I just countered your jump-in?

S F V

I've been in that situation many times but it makes sense. A lot of times you probaby air to air him near the beginning of your jump, so you're still airborne for a little while. Your opponent on the other hand got hit in the middle or towards the end of his jump so naturally he'll recover before you do.

That's why you see a lot of jump back air to airs in high level matches. It's not always because of that. Forward jump air to airs will miss in close up situations where as back jump won't. But the other reason is because players don't want to put themselves right beside their opponent at frame disadvantage.

Can someone explain meaties in the context of when your opponent is knocked down? Since the opponent has many ways to wake up (backroll, jab, quick rise, delayed rise, reversal, grab) how do you "set up" meaties? I have one for quick rise but I get beat with a delayed rise and then thrown.

Weird, Because Laura gets a free command throw after winning an air to air.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I guess I'll try to go for more back jumps, but those put you in the corner pretty quickly. Neutral jumps should be the best option then, but I feel like they lose more often than forward or back jumps.

Weird, Because Laura gets a free command throw after winning an air to air.
That can't be true. Atleast not universally.

JayEH

Can someone explain meaties in the context of when your opponent is knocked down? Since the opponent has many ways to wake up (backroll, jab, quick rise, delayed rise, reversal, grab) how do you "set up" meaties? I have one for quick rise but I get beat with a delayed rise and then thrown.

You have to practice meaties for each situation. When you knock down your opponent for the first time, try to notice what he does on wake up and then the second time you knock him down use the meaty you pracitce for whatever for they did. go to training mode and set Ryu to jab on wake up, then change his recovery option (quick, normal, back). If you time it correctly you should always beat out the jab and get a counter hit. If you look online you can find meaty set ups for your character.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The difference between quick rise and no recovery is 59(?) frames (maybe someone else has exact numbers). You should be able to whiff your quick rise meaty attack and have enough time for something else if they do nothing.

myco666

Was 2 wins away from Gold league and then I just started losing like crazy. I lost 700 points and am barely at Super Silver now.

God I am so frustrated at this game right now. I feel like I have made no progress at all during the last three months. No matter how many hours I put into trying to understand how to play the game I just don't get better.

JayEH

Was 2 wins away from Gold league and then I just started losing like crazy. I lost 700 points and am barely at Super Silver now.

God I am so frustrated at this game right now. I feel like I have made no progress at all during the last three months. No matter how many hours I put into trying to understand how to play the game I just don't get better.

Everyone has those days. I recommend either just taking a break from the game or just play casual. I find playing casual for a couple of days help me play better in ranked.

Top Bottom