• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Endo Punk

Finally got around to beating Story in hard mode. 50k fight money all mine! Over 400k and itching to spend it. When is Urien due?

Need more stages and hope we also get a surprise character release before this year is over

Kashiwaba

Is this game dead? can't find a single match ranked or casual.
Where are you? I was playing 2 hours ago and i got matched up really fast for every game I'm in Canada though.
Also it's Friday and usually there is less people online during the weekend.

Ame

Finally got around to beating Story in hard mode. 50k fight money all mine! Over 400k and itching to spend it. When is Urien due?

Need more stages and hope we also get a surprise character release before this year is over

Urien is coming next month. I've amassed 310k, waiting for the Urien update to drop. Hoping we also get that Thailand stage.

FluxWaveZ

It's always crazy to me how much my mood notably affects how I perform in this game. I really wasn't feeling it today, but I still decided to play out of habit. I didn't do great as a result. I tend to think that one's plain skill will overcome any of that but, for me, my emotional state can really make a difference.

Made it to super bronze today. Then I lost it. Then I won it back. Feels good.

I'm still such a sloppy player but it's cool knowing I've made it past the lowest levels.

Nobody said the game doesn't have problems.

You talk as if EVERY SINGLE MATCH you have is unplayable.

When EVERY SINGLE MATCH is bad, there's only one common denominator.

I only bring it up once every other week. And it's only like 1 or 2 matches that are laggy. But for the past several games almost all my games have been laggy that usually happens during the second round. Then there are those who cheat and for some reason all the Laura players I have faced have been lagging.

I do get good connections but this week has been crap for me.

Kashiwaba

I hate chun li and i thought ryu was bad she is way worse she can connect a deadly combo with any of her attacks and her fireballs counters are annoying and those long legs 👿.

Bob White

image.php

Fucking Naruto counter boss fight tech.

Whales

Banned
ggs venom, we should play more often. I actually like playing vs ken

EDIT: actually, I need a little break, GGs guys ( sorry kashi, would have liked playing you :/)

JayEH

GGs guys. Really disappointed with my Balrog play. I was dropping way too many things. Need to definitely go in training and work on things.

ggs venom, we should play more often. I actually like playing vs ken

Yeah for sure. Really need all the Ryu practice I can get since they are the Gold gatekeepers haha.

- J - D -

Man why are there so many framerate drops in this game (on PS4)? Even in a single-player mode like Story or Survival I'm getting frame drops. Is this happening to everyone else too or is my PS4 being dumb?

mitchlol

I need help from some Gief mains. I am pretty much fine with 99% of Giefs BnB combos and setups but I am having trouble with one. I cannot for the life of me land a standing heavy kick crush counter into air SPD. I practice in training mode but I'm always too late with the air SPD and I whiff it. How on earth do I land this???

I'm playing in online CPT 2 for Europe today.

Lost to Luffy 2-0. First time I've played against him... I think ever? :)

I really like these things for Europe because our connections are pretty good. I hope they catch on.

myco666

So when did everybody decided to go crazy in Ranked? Just played against two Cammys who both did DP everytime I blocked something thats -2 or lower. This has been happening with pretty much every character with DP. I gladly punish that but it still gets me the first time because why would you do that.

edit.

Also Birdie vs. Mika matchup. What the hell are you supposed to do as Birdie? Feels really unfair matchup.

FluxWaveZ

Also Birdie vs. Mika matchup. What the hell are you supposed to do as Birdie? Feels really unfair matchup.

MU is very likely 5:5 or close to it. Like anyone else, it's about keeping Mika out, and Birdie has *plenty* of tools to do so. He outranges Mika very handily with everything he does.

Durden77

I need help from some Gief mains. I am pretty much fine with 99% of Giefs BnB combos and setups but I am having trouble with one. I cannot for the life of me land a standing heavy kick crush counter into air SPD. I practice in training mode but I'm always too late with the air SPD and I whiff it. How on earth do I land this???

I'm not Gief main but I was fucking with him for a while early on, and from what I remember you start the SPD motion while the kick is almost finished, that way by the time you've recovered you should be at 9 directional wise and immediately hut punch. Think of it as almost tiger knee-ing the SPD. The instant you leave the ground you should have the motion already complete and be ready to press punch.

The timing it tight as hell tho.

So when did everybody decided to go crazy in Ranked? Just played against two Cammys who both did DP everytime I blocked something thats -2 or lower. This has been happening with pretty much every character with DP. I gladly punish that but it still gets me the first time because why would you do that.

edit.

*insert any character* vs Mika feels like a broken matchup. If you can't keep Mika out.

Birdie has an advantage over a lot of other characters in this particular matchup in that he has both an EX move that has 1 frame armor and is one of 2 characters in the game with an EX command grab that has throw invincibility.

Other than that, his normals just straight up out-range anything Mika does, and his fantastic anti airs also make the air a very unviable option. Just keep her out with normals and general positioning.

That being said, the matchup is still 5-5, maybe 6-4 in favour of Birdie on a good day.

myco666

MU is very likely 5:5 or close to it. Like anyone else, it's about keeping Mika out, and Birdie has *plenty* of tools to do so. He outranges Mika very handily with everything he does.

*insert any character* vs Mika feels like a broken matchup. If you can't keep Mika out.

Birdie has an advantage over a lot of other characters in this particular matchup in that he has both an EX move that has 1 frame armor and is one of 2 characters in the game with an EX command grab that has throw invincibility.

Other than that, his normals just straight up out-range anything Mika does, and his fantastic anti airs also make the air a very unviable option. Just keep her out with normals and general positioning.

That being said, the matchup is still 5-5, maybe 6-4 in favour of Birdie on a good day.

5-5? Well obviously my Birdie is ass then considering every Mika bodies me so bad.

I always forget that he has Bullhorn. Really need to practice how to use it as I am no used to holding down buttons.

Top Bottom