• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Usually I take a break immediately I lose in Ranked since I know it won't get better. I guess I just got too greedy when I was so close to Gold league that I didn't want to stop. Oh well just need to get over all this salt.

Anybody want to comment on my Ryu? I feel like these are sets where I play at my best. Really need to improve my AA game which is pretty much nonexistent still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4n2x0Y-TJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Ue0K6SWME
Say the word if you want to play some matches against a Karin, I'm Super Gold and in Europe.

FluxWaveZ

Why the heck is this infiltration bot still a thing. 164 WINS. Come on, man, I can't even quit out anymore.

Edit: Oddly enough, it wasn't that difficult. I would have won just there had I not lost my nerve. Still, delete this thing, Capcom.

Edit 2: Christ, again.

LakeEarth

Why the heck is this infiltration bot still a thing. 164 WINS. Come on, man, I can't even quit out anymore.

Edit: Oddly enough, it wasn't that difficult. I would have won just there had I not lost my nerve. Still, delete this thing, Capcom.

Edit 2: Christ, again.

If you're playing Mika, I saw a video where someone spammed v-skill at a distance until v-meter was full, and then unleash Nadeshiko and the bot won't block it. I don't know if it still works though, but they just kept running away and doing this to win.

FluxWaveZ

If you're playing Mika, I saw a video where someone spammed v-skill at a distance until v-meter was full, and then unleash Nadeshiko and the bot won't block it. I don't know if it still works though, but they just kept running away and doing this to win.

That was probably my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc

This Juri AI operated differently, though. Still managed to beat it twice in a row after I was unfortunate enough to encounter it again. It adapts interestingly, but there are ways to exploit it because of that.

Ame

These server errors are back with a vengeance today. Will we ever be rid of them? It was fine the first week post maintenance.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After Urien drops in September do you think Season 2 will probably start Feb next year (which would be 1 year after the game came out)? Probably no major updates for the rest of 2016?

Sigmaah

After Urien drops in September do you think Season 2 will probably start Feb next year (which would be 1 year after the game came out)? Probably no major updates for the rest of 2016?

I'd hope for this but knowing Capcom shits gonna get delayed hard bruh

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

They've got a shit-ton of work to do outside of releasing characters so I'd hope they give themselves a little break to focus on features. I know the devs making characters probably aren't the same devs as the ones coding features, but with this game who the fuck knows what's going on.

They've got a shit-ton of work to do outside of releasing characters so I'd hope they give themselves a little break to focus on features. I know the devs making characters probably aren't the same devs as the ones coding features, but with this game who the fuck knows what's going on.

Fix Dhalsim's Story costume beard.

Fix Balrog's Story costume jacket.

Fix Vega's braid.

Snake Eyez playing Zangief again, dope.

Why ever must that man have his wandering eye? :p

Man, online has been total crap today. Every match fails to send results. The notification will also pop up during a match and cause frame drops.

mitchlol

I'm not Gief main but I was fucking with him for a while early on, and from what I remember you start the SPD motion while the kick is almost finished, that way by the time you've recovered you should be at 9 directional wise and immediately hut punch. Think of it as almost tiger knee-ing the SPD. The instant you leave the ground you should have the motion already complete and be ready to press punch.

The timing it tight as hell tho.

Thanks I'll try grinding it out in the lab. It looks dope as and will really help me capitalise on the opportunities I get. It was awesome seeing snake eyez play gief again. Against Chun he looked really comfortable landing some sweet shit and I only saw one combo drop from a CC

Edzi

Watching the latest Excellent Adventures, and man oh man, Gootecks's self imposed ignorance on the game keeps getting worse every week. He constantly complains about characters despite using the most dishonest character in the game, doesn't understand the 8 frames issue and constantly blames it for his lack of skill, and then he also scoffs at the idea that Ryu is really good in the game. I can't take it, and it boggles my mind that he can justify charging other people money for SFV lessons.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you can see him struggle with the game and I think he really tried. He likes to spread self-help stuff and positive thinking but then he's not really applying it? It's weird.

cackhyena

I love watching the salt flow on EA. Things they call random on some opponent, they'll pat each other on the back for when they do the same thing.

- J - D -

Watching the latest Excellent Adventures, and man oh man, Gootecks's self imposed ignorance on the game keeps getting worse every week. He constantly complains about characters despite using the most dishonest character in the game, doesn't understand the 8 frames issue and constantly blames it for his lack of skill, and then he also scoffs at the idea that Ryu is really good in the game. I can't take it, and it boggles my mind that he can justify charging other people money for SFV lessons.

Yeah it's weird. He's not settling in as smoothly with SFV and it's been like a year since the beta. It doesn't make for fun watching when he's actually truly frustrated with the game.

Pompadour

Today's EA makes me think that when Gootecks complains about the 8 frames of delay that he believes all the other fighting games have 0 frames of delay.

I agree with Mike "The Voice of Reason" Ross every time he brings up that Gootecks is playing the wrong character. Hopefully he likes and mains Urien, and only plays Mika occasionally.

JayEH

Stopped watching once all the complaining started. I hope he realizes that PC doesn't inherently have no lag and that when Capcom does fix the lag issue that it will probably be lowered to 4 or 5 frames. I understand 8 frames is a problem but I don't understand how top players aren't blown up for always blaming their shit play on it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Today's EA makes me think that when Gootecks complains about the 8 frames of delay that he believes all the other fighting games have 0 frames of delay.
It definitely sounded like it with the "with 8 frames less lag you could" comment.

Gootecks is washed up. Good players adapt, bad players complain about their Ls.

Capcom Pro Talk > EA cuz gootecks isnt there
I vastly prefer Pro Talk, but Mike's pretty salty at times. I never know if it's actually real with him, though.

The funny thing is that SFV was supposed to be big return of Gootecks in the competitive scene.

He's got that classic syndrome of "I cant wait for the next ver, its gon be better so i can be good". Cant wait for Super, cant wait for AE, cant wait for 2012, cant wait for SFV SF4 is trash.

He's probably like "cant wait for Urien then I'll be good"

you'll never be good with that attitude

Top Bottom