• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Durden77

He's really good at turtling, and I'm really bad at punishing.

Probably just Ranked.

A good way to make people play ranked.

Mika's are pretty free to me with Guile. But she's still always got a chance if she manages to get in...

My tip to Mika's vs Guile, use the body slam. Not to attack, but just to throw off his zoning a little bit. If you can make him put a gap in his zoning even just a little one, that may be all you need. Then you just have to watch out for the EX Flash Kick wake up.

Mika's are pretty free to me with Guile. But she's still always got a chance if she manages to get in...

My tip to Mika's vs Guile, use the body slam. Not to attack, but just to throw off his zoning a little bit. If you can make him put a gap in his zoning even just a little one, that may be all you need. Then you just have to watch out for the EX Flash Kick wake up.

My main problem is whenever try to get close I get screwed by his Flash Kick. Which then causes me to back up, causing him to zone me out super hard.

The one I was fighting against feels like he's been doing this for hours, like a robot.

I think this is the most excited I've ever been for a "double X weekend"

Good thing that Overwatch free weekend is next weekend and not this one.

No one would play SFV's double FM if they could just play Overwatch for free.

Unless they already own Overwatch, which almost everyone does.

Shadoken

So WTF is happening here. Apparently this is NOT Ruby Heart from MvC2 ( Who I think is supposed to be part of the Darkstalkers universe ) but just plain old Ruby.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130589.html

rh.jpg

Another interesting point is that she is labelled as part of the SF universe since she is labelled Street Fighter V , unlike Ingrid and those other CFA characters who are labelled as such.

Edit : Lol they are just adding people without giving a fuck.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130585.html
higemaru00.jpg

When Alex does V-skill, the crowd chants "I'm all warmed up!" with him
Why would anyone chant for what might be the worst V-skill in SFV?
*Ken picked

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?"
"ARE YOU OKAY, KEN?"
I'd doubt it, it seems like it'll just be 100FM per win instead of 50FM. Fun, but not life changing.
It should have been double LP/XP as well. Now THAT would change things and get people off their asses. Double FM ain't shit.

So WTF is happening here. Apparently this is NOT Ruby Heart from MvC2 ( Who I think is supposed to be part of the Darkstalkers universe ) but just plain old Ruby.

rh.jpg

Another interesting point is that she is labelled as part of the SF universe since she is labelled Street Fighter V , unlike Ingrid and those other CFA characters who are labelled as such.
Ruby Heart and Ongrid were rumored to come to SF4 at one point. Wonder if they'll show up in this game.

Btw Ruby, along with Amingo are OC's from MvC2.

Bigg_Oggy

Shadoken Edit : Lol they are just adding people without giving a fuck. [url said:
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130585.html[/url]
higemaru00.jpg

"Third son to throw a small shark" (google translate)

What the hell...?

Shadoken

Shadow Charlie is canon to SFV??? Goddamit Capcom you arent making any sense.

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/769808288212844544/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cq7ojA4VIAAn2gy.jpg

"A person who was captured and remodeled by Shadaloo but escaped. Who the hell is he?"

So charlie got capured once , became Evil then escaped. Then fought bison. Died and then again Came back to Die again. Some body cut this guy some slack.

"Third son to throw a small shark" (google translate)

What the hell...?

Judging by his profile pic, I guess thats accurate?

Help me not suck GAF!

I just picked this up at long last after getting that discount coupon from the Capcom humble bundle. I was looking forward to playing after work but proceeded to get absolutely BODIED by anyone and everyone. After a few losses I remembered “Oh yeah, I’m actually not good at this.” Is there any general tips anyone could throw my way for starting out?

I’m not exactly a beginner but would never call myself good at Street Fighter. I played a lot of SSF4 but was pretty casual all things considered. My “strategy” consisted of basically only pick Ibuki and constantly trying to get people in the kunai vortex and throwing out target combos. It could be surprisingly effective and good times were had in the old “Beginner SSF4” thread.

I guess I just need to suck it up and get some BnB combos down. Should I just be drilling out the trials over and over? I’ve been going Ryu as I’ve heard he’s a good way to get used to the basics and the new systems. Is there any useful resources or videos anyone would recommend? Also, does Ibuki play similarly at all this time round?

I realize that time and practice is really the only way to actually get better but I’m wondering if anyone can help me develop some good early habits. Cheers

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Starting to think Capcom has some artist locked up with the single job of creating these activity reports. I mean, they even outsorce their ingame models, what are they suppossed to be doing?

I think this is the most excited I've ever been for a "double X weekend"

Good thing that Overwatch free weekend is next weekend and not this one.

No one would play SFV's double FM if they could just play Overwatch for free.

Unless they already own Overwatch, which almost everyone does.

I don't

still ship characters tho

Help me not suck GAF!

I just picked this up at long last after getting that discount coupon from the Capcom humble bundle. I was looking forward to playing after work but proceeded to get absolutely BODIED by anyone and everyone. After a few losses I remembered “Oh yeah, I’m actually not good at this.” Is there any general tips anyone could throw my way for starting out?

I’m not exactly a beginner but would never call myself good at Street Fighter. I played a lot of SSF4 but was pretty casual all things considered. My “strategy” consisted of basically only pick Ibuki and constantly trying to get people in the kunai vortex and throwing out target combos. It could be surprisingly effective and good times were had in the old “Beginner SSF4” thread.

I guess I just need to suck it up and get some BnB combos down. Should I just be drilling out the trials over and over? I’ve been going Ryu as I’ve heard he’s a good way to get used to the basics and the new systems. Is there any useful resources or videos anyone would recommend? Also, does Ibuki play similarly at all this time round?

I realize that time and practice is really the only way to actually get better but I’m wondering if anyone can help me develop some good early habits. Cheers

Lose until you win. You will see the matrix eventually.

Watch some videos by Desk to learn some BnBs.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Starting to think Capcom has some artist locked up with the single job of creating these activity reports. I mean, they even outsorce their ingame models, what are they suppossed to be doing?

I wonder if Capcom even has a dedicated art department anymore.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
To really turtle well in this game you have to
- jump back OS
- tech throws
- but not get shimmied
- anti-air
- react to dashes
- V-reversal very selectively
- not build up too much white life
- not put yourself in the corner
- react to overheads
- not fall for frame traps
- mash at the right time

If you can do all of that well, then you've earned it.

I hate hate hate hate people who just turtle the entire match. Go play a turn-based game or something. Shit.

I don't play like that, I love to attack, why sit around and hide most of the match? some may call it strategy, most, NOT all defensive players, can't play this game, once you break their defense they can't string a decent combo against you, the really scary fuckers are the defensive player who can string combos and punish every mistake..

JayEH

Help me not suck GAF!

the trial combos aren't usually very practical. a basic BnB with Ryu is just his target combo, decent damage and knockdown. If you want some more damaging stuff you can try MP, cr. HP xx DP or tatsu. Easy to do and massive damage. I recommend reading something like this http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702 for a more general overview of SF also watch some Daigo or Tokido videos for high level ryu play.

Ruby Heart is an OC in MvC2. She was actually going to get her own mobile (lol) game at some point called Great Voyage Frontier, before they cancelled it.

Help me not suck GAF!

FYI, Capcom has player guides on their SF youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs4LjNCY15zMKfPmf5M5_Ow9en17ur3BR

Don't let getting bodied discourage you at all. People have literally been playing this game for a year straight (even before it was officially released). Totally natural not to be a natural after playing for the first time.

Mizerman

rh.jpg

Huh. Wouldn't mind seeing her in SFV.

Top Bottom