• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Celcius

°Temp. member
So WTF is happening here. Apparently this is NOT Ruby Heart from MvC2 ( Who I think is supposed to be part of the Darkstalkers universe ) but just plain old Ruby.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130589.html

rh.jpg

Another interesting point is that she is labelled as part of the SF universe since she is labelled Street Fighter V , unlike Ingrid and those other CFA characters who are labelled as such.

This would be amazing.

Duress

I'm still struggling to get consistency with instant air teleports on the left side. It's frustrating, because I can do the dp motion all day, but once I try to get the up forward motion in, it screws up. I can say that 75% of my losses is because of this.

naib

Is there a steam SFV gaf group? NeoGAF steam group doesn't know.

I want to play, now.

My Laura needs lessons. Would love a lobby if there's one going. I'm turrible.

I saw the Mika butt slap playing against some guy yesterday. I didn't think mods showed up to other players?

I don't play like that, I love to attack, why sit around and hide most of the match? some may call it strategy, most, NOT all defensive players, can't play this game, once you break their defense they can't string a decent combo against you, the really scary fuckers are the defensive player who can string combos and punish every mistake..
SFV is full of players who have absolutely no defence. Once your interrupt their handful of memorised patterns, they've got nothing. The amount of people who will just continue pressing buttons even though you're counter hitting them left, right and centre is crazy. They just refuse to block. The concept of turns just doesn't exist to them.

Having a good defence, but needing to work on better offence is a much better starting point than the alternative.

vulva

I saw the Mika butt slap playing against some guy yesterday. I didn't think mods showed up to other players?

SFV is full of players who have absolutely no defence. Once your interrupt their handful of memorised patterns, they've got nothing. The amount of people who will just continue pressing buttons even though you're counter hitting them left, right and centre is crazy. They just refuse to block. The concept of turns just doesn't exist to them.

Having a good defence, but needing to work on better offence is a much better starting point than the alternative.
sometimes you wanna get counterhit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSLGiRvd-Y

vg260

I think I'm gonna play some ranked this weekend cuz of the promo. I wish it was double LP instead of double FM tho, lol.

I'm going to jump back in this weekend, but I'd honestly prefer double character XP to make leveling faster. FM from fights is still pretty trivial.

Tempted to pick up KOF and play that instead, though.

LakeEarth

The double XP weekend is gonna get me to play ranked for the first time since I barely snuck my way into ultra-gold. It was fun while it lasted.

To really turtle well in this game you have to
- jump back OS
- tech throws
- but not get shimmied
- anti-air
- react to dashes
- V-reversal very selectively
- not build up too much white life
- not put yourself in the corner
- react to overheads
- not fall for frame traps
- mash at the right time

If you can do all of that well, then you've earned it.

You really can't react to dashes online. Especially against M.Bison. It's some I practiced doing in training but could never do online. SFV ruined my reaction after playing a character like Decapre. And turtling can only go so far if their opponent uses a overhead, Cr.Short and Throws.

molnizzle

I hope double FM brings a larger player pool to the game this weekend.

I'd really like to hit Silver at some point in my life lol

LakeEarth

Does Mika V-Skill microphone stuff a wake up DP from Ken or am I just timing it wrong? I thought MP DP was fully invincible.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the SRK is invincible up into its attack frames. Maybe the DP hitbox is missing the microphone, while the microphone is hitting Ken's hurtbox. So once he has a hurtbox, the mic hits.

Goddamn. I started in ranked two days ago on my Rookie PC account and I've got a 20 win streak straight to ultra bronze.

Of course, you gotta get up to your rank. I think everyone who played the beta had ridiculous win streaks at first because they got used to the game before the majority.

Bob White

I want to start a smurf so badly. Seriously, learning a new character in plat is fucking hard.

Thinking cammy is carrying me more than my skill...

Working on meaties with Sim has led to an alarming number of cr FP -> cr FP -> j Flame or cr. MK -> Yoga Carpets

This also leads to more baited DPs, which leads to more of the above, which leads to more Ws. So good.

Even playing Chun for a couple days this has happened so damn much.

Sigmaah

I started a new account for balrog not too long ago and was at like a 26 win streak. Totally forgot I had another account for my subs. Deff gonna go back on that today and play me some Alex.

I dunno what it is but Alex is so fun. When he gets buffed he's gonna be a monster. (We all know he gon get buffed along with others)

Edzi

The real reason newcomers hate fighting games right here.

I'm confused, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

What's the point of having different accounts for subs?

Probably to play ranked with characters you're learning without worrying about dropping leagues. It's the same reason a lot of people want LP to be tied to individual characters as opposed to the actual player.

FluxWaveZ

Probably to play ranked with characters you're learning without worrying about dropping leagues. It's the same reason a lot of people want LP to be tied to individual characters as opposed to the actual player.

The latter would be nice. I guess I don't care enough about my LP to bother with alternate accounts when I'm trying out different characters on ranked, though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You're the reason newcomers hate this game

Newcomers are going to lose a lot. Sometimes badly. As long as a skilled person isn't somehow staying at a low rank just to beat up newcomers, or being matched with the same person a bunch of times through some freak occurrence of matchmaking, then having skilled people rank up from scratch will barely have a perceptible effect on anything.

Skilletor

I'm confused, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

Agreeing.

Newcomers are going to lose a lot. Sometimes badly. As long as a skilled person isn't somehow staying at a low rank just to beat up newcomers, or being matched with the same person a bunch of times through some freak occurrence of matchmaking, then having skilled people rank up from scratch will barely have a perceptible effect on anything.

Because this is 100% spot on.

Had a great moment at locals the other day when I Alex-parried a Ken's reversal Critical Art (which would have chipped me out) and punished with my own CA, ending the set on a high note.

Noticed that my Mika's been slipping since I've started taking Alex more seriously though. It's not gonna be fun once Urien comes out and I'm forced to pick between him or Alex; as fun as he is I'd be insane to drop Mika instead.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Had a great moment at locals the other day when I Alex-parried a Ken's reversal Critical Art (which would have chipped me out) and punished with my own CA, ending the set on a high note.

Noticed that my Mika's been slipping since I've started taking Alex more seriously though. It's not gonna be fun once Urien comes out and I'm forced to pick between him or Alex; as fun as he is I'd be insane to drop Mika instead.
Alex is secretly really good. Shame more people dont play him.

Shadoken

Honestly whats the point of smurfing. You cant learn much playing against Lower tier players , like if you want to learn Balrog nobody will punish your rush punches on block or even know that it is negative. Which makes you develop bad habits.

Might as well just use Casual match for getting the hang of the character , then head back to Ranked to Really learn the character.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly whats the point of smurfing. You cant learn much playing against Lower tier players , like if you want to learn Balrog nobody will punish your rush punches on block or even know that it is negative. Which makes you develop bad habits.

Might as well just use Casual match for getting the hang of the character , then head back to Ranked to Really learn the character.

Yeah. I learned much more about playing Balrog in Ranked and losing 7k LP in one fell swoop than I would have if I had started from 0 against lower ranked players.

Alex is secretly really good. Shame more people dont play him.

I mean, he's situationally good and a monster in the right hands, but he still has some incredibly glaring flaws that hold him back.

I also discovered at locals that a good Zangief absolutely annihilates Alex (or at least my Alex) cuz he can flex through all of your attempts to get in, plus his command grab outranges and outspeeds Alex's which lets him dominate at close range.

Like any character without an invincible reversal Gief still struggles once Alex gains momentum, but getting there is a long struggle punctuated by anti-air jabs and halfscreen SPDs :p

Skilletor

I might be "Gold" level with Cammy but not with my sub and don't want to get matched against players I'm not at that level with said character.

I don't care about points, but I understand the logic.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I mean, he's situationally good and a monster in the right hands, but he still has some incredibly glaring flaws that hold him back.

I also discovered at locals that a good Zangief absolutely annihilates Alex (or at least my Alex) cuz he can flex through all of your attempts to get in, plus his command grab outranges and outspeeds Alex's which lets him dominate at close range.

Like any character without an invincible reversal Gief still struggles once Alex gains momentum, but getting there is a long struggle punctuated by anti-air jabs and halfscreen SPDs :p
I found a good alex dominate a balrog, even going as far as to actually do a ex rush chop when balrog does his dash punch.

Top Bottom