• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hey does anyone downsample SFV? I just started messing with DSR and also custom resolutions and while it looks great, I also noticed added input lag. I wondered if this was common.

I found a good alex dominate a balrog, even going as far as to actually do a ex rush chop when balrog does his dash punch.

Well, yeah. Alex is built on making good reads and getting inside the opponent's head to make up for the fact that his individual moves (aside from the godlike AA standing jab and insane versatility of crMP) are kinda garbo on their own.

Trying to EX Elbow through Dashing Straight is risky after you've established it as an option, cuz Balrog can brake mid-punch with his V-Skill and suddenly you're stuck committing to a move that's -11 on block. Balrog's 3f jab can stuff a lot of Alex's oki as well, especially since his command grab has 6f of startup unlike 5f like every other grab on the game (what's with that, btw? Seems like an unnecessary shortcoming).

Exr

Alex is secretly really good. Shame more people dont play him.
I'm having a lot of fun playing Alex, dash up command throw completes me. I don't see why people are calling him so bad...granted I'm a really casual player and I'm only like super silver (assuming rank matters) but I feel like he has more tools than people give him credit for.

myco666

Man I am getting so pissed about my inability to anti-air. Everyone seems to have no problem with stuffing my jumpins and I can barely get few succesful AAs before eating a 50% combo and opt out to just blocking and taking the pressure. God I am so ass.

Man I am getting so pissed about my inability to anti-air. Everyone seems to have no problem with stuffing my jumpins and I can barely get few succesful AAs before eating a 50% combo and opt out to just blocking and taking the pressure. God I am so ass.

I wonder if 8f has anything to do with this

If they're not being predictable, it's all up to your reaction speed to knock them out of the air. You could try playing a character with a good AA jab, if you're not great at hitting AA DPs.

You could try changing your game by adding ways to bait jumpins.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well, yeah. Alex is built on making good reads and getting inside the opponent's head to make up for the fact that his individual moves (aside from the godlike AA standing jab and insane versatility of crMP) are kinda garbo on their own.

Trying to EX Elbow through Dashing Straight is risky after you've established it as an option, cuz Balrog can brake mid-punch with his V-Skill and suddenly you're stuck committing to a move that's -11 on block. Balrog's 3f jab can stuff a lot of Alex's oki as well, especially since his command grab has 6f of startup unlike 5f like every other grab on the game (what's with that, btw? Seems like an unnecessary shortcoming).
Isnt the high frames there so he could combo his vskill attack into a powerbomb?

LakeEarth

Maybe switch to a character with a jab antiair, that way you get little bit more time to react. I remember whiffing jab antiairs at first because of doing them too early.

thelastword

Banned
I guess you should learn the right anti-airs at the right distance, some jumping moves can stuff anti-airs if done early enough. Zangief's j.lk is pretty good against guile and can stuff flash kick early on. So it's two things really, it's either you anti-airing too late or too early. Some anti airs are better for persons jumping directly on you as opposed to persons jumping from a distance, you have to know which anti-air works best when.

myco666

I wonder if 8f has anything to do with this

If other people couldn't AA consistently then sure but thats not the case. It is just me not being good.

If they're not being predictable, it's all up to your reaction speed to knock them out of the air. You could try playing a character with a good AA jab, if you're not great at hitting AA DPs.

You could try changing your game by adding ways to bait jumpins.

Thing is I can't do even that. I try doing hadokens and then doing DP when they jump but even that doesn't work for me most of the time. I just keep blocking instead of doing the DP even when I know that if I timed the hadoken right I should hit with the DP and if I didn't time it right I couldn't block it anyway. I can expect everyone to jump but I just can't react to it in a match.

Maybe switch to a character with a jab antiair, that way you get little bit more time to react. I remember whiffing jab antiairs at first because of doing them too early.

I guess I should try that jab since it seems to stuff everything.

I guess you should learn the right anti-airs at the right distance, some jumping moves can stuff anti-airs if done early enough. Zangief's j.lk is pretty good against guile and can stuff flash kick early on. So it's two things really, it's either you anti-airing too late or too early. Some anti airs are better for persons jumping directly on you as opposed to persons jumping from a distance, you have to know which anti-air works best when.

Its me reacting too late mostly or just messing up with the inputs. I have pretty good idea about the distance I should be doing the DP and when not considering the amount of times I have whiffed it.

SSReborn

Does capcom have a support that you can contact directly I know someone having a technical issue with the game and the forums aren't working

SSReborn

Might as well post this here as well.

I mentioned weeks ago I had a friend who ran into some serious issues with this game on ps4. He owns a digital copy and has tried numerous ways to rectify the issue.
https://youtu.be/t8KUwMz7j50
https://youtu.be/fz_3QWAiXyU
https://youtu.be/3KXFSclPp-w

If you guys have ever seen or heard of anything like this on ps4 let me know starting to feel like this is an unfixable issue.

His thread on the issue.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...7411/30730077/need-help-my-sfv-game-is-broken

Sigmaah

I make a new account cause I'm not tryna lose my lp and when I play a brand new character. I lose a certain sense when I switch to a char I know little to nothing about.

I still know certain things but I feel like I become a rookie again when I start a new character so why not play other rookies.

I make a new account cause I'm not tryna lose my lp and when I play a brand new character. I lose a certain sense when I switch to a char I know little to nothing about.

I still know certain things but I feel like I become a rookie again when I start a new character so why not play other rookies.

Because you still have a much better understanding on the game as a whole, a lot of rookies are still struggling with fundamentals, it does nothing for them to get facerolled by someone that belongs to several higher leagues.
It also does nothing for you to faceroll somebody who doesn't know how to play the game.

Big Brett

Is it smurfing if someone who has only played battle lounges starts playing ranked? Newcomers need to realize ranked isn't the end all, be all way to play the game. I played my first ranked match in weeks today, and won convincingly because i've been grinding hard with higher level people.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Do you mean combo his V-Trigger attack (Sledgehammer) into backdrop? Cuz that would still work if the startup on Power Bomb gets changed to 5f to match the rest of SFV's command grabs.
I know it would still work but wouldn't it be easier then if it wasn't? I still see people messing up that combo.

Is it smurfing if someone who has only played battle lounges starts playing ranked? Newcomers need to realize ranked isn't the end all, be all way to play the game. I played my first ranked match in weeks today, and won convincingly because i've been grinding hard with higher level people.

Nah, you're not obligated to play ranked.

Sigmaah

Because you still have a much better understanding on the game as a whole, a lot of rookies are still struggling with fundamentals, it does nothing for them to get facerolled by someone that belongs to several higher leagues.
It also does nothing for you to faceroll somebody who doesn't know how to play the game.

I don't really faceroll newbies, Yeah some matches niggas get bopped but some matches even on platinum I bop players from gold to higher.

Even when I was a newbie I got bodied and bodied hard. Guess what my thought process was? Lemme get better cause I wanna be able to do that too. Basically when I got wrecked, I wanted to be able to wreck the person back. Some niggas whine and quit, not my fault.

I know it would still work but wouldn't it be easier then if it wasn't? I still see people messing up that combo.

I don't think sooooo? If people are messing up Sledgehammer into backdrop it's likely an input error rather than a timing one cuz you have like a million years to do backdrop after Sledgehammer confirms.

Hyun Sai

I don't really faceroll newbies, Yeah some matches niggas get bopped but some matches even on platinum I bop players from gold to higher.

Even when I was a newbie I got bodied and bodied hard. Guess what my thought process was? Lemme get better cause I wanna be able to do that too. Basically when I got wrecked, I wanted to be able to wreck the person back. Some niggas whine and quit, not my fault.

Yes it is. The beginners are supposed to get similar level opponents.

If you got no problem getting wrecked, you can as well stay in your league and wreck the person back with the character you're training with.

I mean, he's situationally good and a monster in the right hands, but he still has some incredibly glaring flaws that hold him back.

I also discovered at locals that a good Zangief absolutely annihilates Alex (or at least my Alex) cuz he can flex through all of your attempts to get in, plus his command grab outranges and outspeeds Alex's which lets him dominate at close range.

Like any character without an invincible reversal Gief still struggles once Alex gains momentum, but getting there is a long struggle punctuated by anti-air jabs and halfscreen SPDs :p
Snake Eyez (Zangief) VS THE COOL KID93 (Alex) SF5 BATTLE LOUNGE

TakuyaSugi (Alex) VS Stupendous (Zangief) SF5 RANKED MATCHES

Alex has a hard time dealing with Gief. I honestly like Gief's V-Skill more than Ryu's haha.
I'm having a lot of fun playing Alex, dash up command throw completes me. I don't see why people are calling him so bad...granted I'm a really casual player and I'm only like super silver (assuming rank matters) but I feel like he has more tools than people give him credit for.
He is like Ryu in the sense that he has many tools, but he isn't even a jack of all trades like Ryu is and certainly not a master of any of them unlike Ryu who is fantastic at everything... so maybe he isn't much like Ryu at all lol.

I used to like doing dash up command grabs too, but I stopped doing them in SFV because people are constantly pressing buttons in this game. It's the same whether I'm fighting Ryu, Chun, Ken or Nash. If I had a need to dash up command grab I'll just play some 3S where that actually still works. Playing Alex in this game just makes me dislike the character and the game.

JayEH

If you got no problem getting wrecked, you can as well stay in your league and wreck the person back with the character you're training with.

If you're rolling through people you'll eventually get passed the beginners. There's no problem with having another account unless you just stay in casual all day as a rookie.

I love Alex in this game. I like how he feels (even compared to 3S,where I played him there as well). I've had more fun with him after dropping Ryu.

Gonna probably pick up Birdie next as an alt.

Sigmaah

I said I'm not tryna lose points.

I also said it's not free every match with my NEW character but that seems to fly by. I am similar to a rookie when I start a new character cause I'm learning everything like it is new. Ya I'll know certain things they won't but it doesn't seem to cause that big of a gap from my experience. Everyone gets wrecked in this game regardless of skill level. Not my fault if someone quits cause of it.

Top Bottom