• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've been matched with the same person two times in a row twice in the last 30 min. SFV has been forgotten.

Or nobody is playing casuals with that sweet FM payout that doubles "fuck all" to "jack shit."

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I want that fight money haha.

Tried the king of fighters demo and it made me just want to go back to Street Fighter. It just feels better IMO.

SFV has a nice meaty feel with weight to attacks. KoF has a nice flow and fast pace though. I can do both but my time is limited so I stick to SF and Karin.

I said I'm not tryna lose points.

I also said it's not free every match with my NEW character but that seems to fly by. I am similar to a rookie when I start a new character cause I'm learning everything like it is new. Ya I'll know certain things they won't but it doesn't seem to cause that big of a gap from my experience. Everyone gets wrecked in this game regardless of skill level. Not my fault if someone quits cause of it.

It's just points, you'll get them back.
And if you are that worried just go into casual/battle lounge and practice till you're comfortable at returning to your league, you'll learn much more about your character that way instead of bodying new players that are still struggling with fundamentals.

PS4 died with Blue light of Death today ‘-(

Weeks before Neo and Slim...

Weekend of double FM...

FeelsBadMan...

At least I got to Diamond...

Still feelsbadMan...

Hmm, the Alex players never use his v-skill. Odd, I use it all the time against Gief because he's one of the few characters that can't do much about it.
At higher levels you probably don't want to give your opponent any time or distance that they can use to their advantage which means you have no time to use his V-skill. I noticed that Takuyasugi in particular was not looking to give Gief any space to work with. It was nothing but crouching medium punches, dash up command grabs and standing medium kicks since Alex has shit for combos outside of V-trigger mode. His V-skill might be a worthwhile if it were fast enough to use safely after sweeping someone, but you have to be nearly at fullscreen distance to use it right now.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've gone against the same Diamond Cammy 5 times in a row now. Weird, this hasn't happened in a while.

I'd expect that to happen sometimes in the top ranks. I'm only in Silver.

I swear this was double LP.....and here I was wasting my time in ranked.

Double LP wouldn't do anything because the ranking system is relative. If everyone is getting double LP, you'd just have a bigger LP score but be at the same skill level fighting the same opponents you would have otherwise. Worst case scenario, lots of skilled players don't play this weekend and then you have inflated LP when the weekend is over and you get matched with people better than you until your points go back to where they should be.

do you get double FM from casual too?

Ranked only.

thelastword

Banned
Double LP wouldn't do anything because the ranking system is relative. If everyone is getting double LP, you'd just have a bigger LP score but be at the same skill level fighting the same opponents you would have otherwise. Worst case scenario, lots of skilled players don't play this weekend and then you have inflated LP when the weekend is over and you get matched with people better than you until your points go back to where they should be.

Be that as it may, it would be cool for some ultra silvers to make gold and some ultra golds to make platinum etc...Even though it would or may be short lived, it would shake things up a little and give them a little satisfaction for a moment....... but solid point you've made nonetheless.

molnizzle

Somersault

SE71nTq.jpg

I think something that would help this game a lot is having the amount of LP you have be different for each character. It sucks having to learn new characters through getting destroyed and losing all your LP.

LakeEarth

Jeez, it's a "Failed to retrieve data"-apalooza today. I think actually I've seen the bonus fight money add to my tally about 4 times tonight.

LakeEarth

Lost about 1000bp today. Can't stop dropping combos at vital moments. Can't stop getting accidental supers when I was no where CLOSE to doing a qcf. Should've stopped playing an hour ago.

Steroyd

There's a lot of moments where I just completely forget that Vega and Dhalsim are in this game.

I know that feel especially when Vega does a raw super and you forget it cross you up from whichever side he bounces from.

Or Dhalism can hold his super so you stand up like a nugget after it whiffs and commit suicide.

I ain't even mad.

Had my first draw game today. It gave me 40FM. Now my fight money won't be divisible by 50 ever again.
That would drive me insane.

I had something similar happen with my Xbox Gamer Score when a game had an Achievement ending with an odd number. Good thing about Gamer Scores though is that they didn't do anything, so you could ignore them if you wanted.

Hutchie

Have only played a few games since double fight money became active and i think capcom needs to either raise fm online or reduce shop prices in season 2. Maybe they should you something for losing (if you win a round or something like that) I won about 30 fights last night at 50fm and basically got peanuts plus the 1000fm level up bonus.

Playing online really opens your eyes as to what you are doing wrong. I need to learn how dfend properly, im not dealing with cross ups or throws at all. I also need to play a more aggressive ken and punish better. I hovering between bronze and super bronze at the moment but am losing lots to Juris and Mikas. That said im enjoying sfv online far more than iv

Top Bottom