• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
twice in a row now ive got people just using lk turbos for FM in CASUALS. Wtf?

Not only that but they're also laggy as fuck which is funny considering I put ''5 only'' in the search parameters... Sigh

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Not only that but they're also laggy as fuck which is funny considering I put ''5 only'' in the search parameters... Sigh
They're collecting XP and FM

And since it's double FM weekend...

Vice

They're grinding levels to get color 15 when they hit level 50.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I believe it's the turbo button inputs that actually cause the lag. The 5 bars are probably legit in those cases. They're just sending so much input data that it screws things up.

This is what I've heard anyway, and experienced myself.

Whales

Banned
I believe it's the turbo button inputs that actually cause the lag. The 5 bars are probably legit in those cases. They're just sending so much input data that it screws things up.

I guess that would make sense

also holy shit, I just experienced necalli's AA jab for the first time. Jesus that shit is crazy, its like 50x better than ryu's too

This is true. As the match goes on with a turbo spammer, the background becomes faster and the gameplay gets worse 100% of the time.

So my theory is in a legit 4 and 5 bar match that starts off fine and ends up bad, one or both players are mashing their hearts out under stress of giving each other the business.

I'm going to let this ranked match decide if I keep Alex or not. I'm so garbage with him. I'm doing so much better with Laura for whatever reason. Maybe I just like characters that have command grabs and not characters that are grapplers.

The second I get on tilt, it's over. If I can make good reads, I win. I feel like there's no middle ground, and it's not his fault - it's mine for being straight garbo.

Guess I'll stick to Nec until Urien drops.

HardRojo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215782039]Frustrating moments in SFV history

DkjJ8B.gif
Krq56r.gif
[/QUOTE]

Don't you just love those psychic Kens who know your apparent punish will actually fail and wake up immediately with a DP? No, they were not mashing it, worst of all is they actually get the direction right lol, if I was a masher I would have probably been mashing in the wrong direction.

Fought a Ryu.

Bodied him the first round.

For some reason, could not land the AAs and he kept doing the same shit.

Bodied me for free.

I should quit fighting games forever.

Don't you just love those psychic Kens who know your apparent punish will actually fail and wake up immediately with a DP? No, they were not mashing it, worst of all is they actually get the direction right lol, if I was a masher I would have probably been mashing in the wrong direction.

Well, I do this all the time with Nash's moonsault which is even faster than Ken's flaming tatsu. It's easy to tell when you've got the cross up if you know your distancing and are meaning/hoping to do it.

As far as that Nash C.HP whiff at Ken's back, that's some serious BS.

Shadoken

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215782039]Frustrating moments in SFV history
[/QUOTE]

Yea I dont get why the side switch thing is so bad in SFV. Like when the opponent has clearly crossed me , i still get my normal to come out the other side. This never happened so much in SFIV.

I would feel bad for you, but you play Nash -_-

His normals and maneuverability basically allows you to ignore fundamentals.

I feels no sorrow for you!!!! lol...

So sad my PS4 died, I wanna to play SF man

I've gone against the same Diamond Cammy 5 times in a row now. Weird, this hasn't happened in a while.
I hate this when I’m losing more than winning, but it’s a good way to gain back some FM if you happen to be better than a diamond guy same rank as you.

Also, I hate being at the tip of Diamond where one loss brings me back to Ultra, I need to play so I get to a comfortable 15K damnit!!!

FFUUUUUUUU No PS4 is killing me!

LakeEarth

That would drive me insane.

I had something similar happen with my Xbox Gamer Score when a game had an Achievement ending with an odd number. Good thing about Gamer Scores though is that they didn't do anything, so you could ignore them if you wanted.
Yeah my gamer score ended in a 7 because of some puzzle game called Roogoo. Bunch of jerks!

Can't enjoy my 100FM wins when the damn servers keep failing to connect after the match.

Wonko_C

Oh neat! Double FM weekend!

*Hops in. Fights an army of Lauras. Falls from Super Silver to Ultra Bronze in 1 hour.*

Why don't I get to fight Ryus and Kens like the rest? T_T

So sad my PS4 died, I wanna to play SF man

But isn't this actually good news. You have a superb excuse to pick up the PS4 Neo or whatever it's called, right?

J/k, I actually had a bit of a scare myself yesterday. I decided to play SFV for the first time in about 3 weeks I think. I lose a match to a Nash player that I really shouldn't have lost to. Lose to a Juri which only increases my salt. Then I play a Ryu and we're 1-1 in matches and it's the final round of the 3rd match. And then my stick stops working. I'm like "WTF" and keep trying to get it to connect but it won't.

The other guy actually waits on me when he notices I'm not moving. I grab my DS4 and connect it just to move a little so he can hurry up and beat me to take the match. I didn't care to try and win the match using a pad which I haven't seriously tried playing on since 2010. After the match I actually wanted to message him to tell him what happened. But I think he's a PC players since he had no PSN under his CFN name.

I waited a day and tried my stick again today and it's working again so I'm relieved about that.

I'm going to let this ranked match decide if I keep Alex or not. I'm so garbage with him. I'm doing so much better with Laura for whatever reason. Maybe I just like characters that have command grabs and not characters that are grapplers.

The second I get on tilt, it's over. If I can make good reads, I win. I feel like there's no middle ground, and it's not his fault - it's mine for being straight garbo.

Guess I'll stick to Nec until Urien drops.
Fought a Ryu.

Bodied him the first round.

For some reason, could not land the AAs and he kept doing the same shit.

Bodied me for free.

I should quit fighting games forever.
You should quit Alex forever lmao. He is garbage if your reading instincts aren't super sharp and even then you'd get more damage, stun and resets out of Mika or Laura instead.

DR2K

Banned
Juri is a low tier character with nice gimmicks. Honestly all the DLC characters thus far are in this tier.

Man i both love and hate this game. Its online straight up confuses me.

I just had to spend 4 weeks at my parents while work was done on my house so i had to use wifi, through 2 walls and while others are using internet. Wasnt expecting much but fights seemed mostly ok.

Get back home to my wired, 200mb, fast ping (7 on speed test) with no packet loss intenet.... Its a fucking lag fest. Teleporty people all over the shop. I read people saying because of how the netcode is its the people with good connections that suffer. Is this actually true because it's ruining the game for me.

On another note my journey of playing this game on and off since releaee has been interesting. I mainly just play casual but with my jumps into ranked here and there i did get to silver eventually. But here is my break down of how each rank bracket has felt.

Rookie - button mashing

Bronze - button mashin but know how to do special moves and wake up dp's

Super bronze - learned comboes as well and that maybe always doing wake up dp isnt best

Ultra bronze - know the basics now. They get how it works but the muscle memory isnt fully there, need work on anti airs, slowing down the crazy to try and assess the opponent.

Silver - like ultra bronze but links are tighter, anti air game is better and know some matchups better

Super silver and up - good execution, good anti airs and have realised the secret. If you can act like a super bronze but with great execution and just never fucking stop you will destroy people thanks to input lag plus any other lag from intnet etc.

Its really quite amusing how it all changes. The game was the most fun when i was at the ultra bronze level and people were playing it a bit slower. Now though im just pitted against super silvers over and over (in casual) and the lag and shit just destroy the fun. Just a steam roll one way or the other.

It sucks because out side of that i love the game. Even watching excellent adventures the pros basically say the same thing. Just go fucking crazy and you will win online as long as you execution is good.

After urien i might just stop till next years update and see if it fixes my issues with it. The ranking system is terrible as well so that would be nice if they change it.

I went from 4k to 1k one time. Then in the same night I went back where I was. Keep at it.

After you said that, I won two games!

I shouldn't mind getting steamrolled. But I took too long of a break from playing people.

You should quit Alex forever lmao. He is garbage if your reading instincts aren't super sharp and even then you'd get more damage, stun and resets out of Mika or Laura instead.

I'm feeling Laura a lot more than Alex, but it's so late in the game and I already have too many characters I focus on that switching feels badman.jpg.

Juri is a low tier character with nice gimmicks. Honestly all the DLC characters thus far are in this tier.

Being low tier isn't so bad in SFV. It's still an uphill battle though.

Groof

does using spotify on ps4 affect online in sf5 any? feels like i'm getting more laggy matches with it on than not but dunno if it's just my imagination

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Different services and devices buffer differently. Some go to 100% for a short amount of time and others not, really hard to answer. Stuff with ad videos is bad in my experience.

Groof

Different services and devices buffer differently. Some go to 100% for a short amount of time and others not, really hard to answer. Stuff with ad videos is bad in my experience.

guess i'll have to do some testing. just feels like the ps4 is p bad with network multitasking

- J - D -

I was matched against a dhalsim for the first time ever today after having spent almost a month with this game. He was a super silver and he bodied me.

Felt good.

molnizzle

I was matched against a dhalsim for the first time ever today after having spent almost a month with this game. He was a super silver and he bodied me.

Felt good.

Had the same thing happen to me earlier today too. Felt good because I'm finally getting to the level where I start seeing dhalsims. lol

now this is the first garbage nash i'm not giving a runback next time. guy is super or ultra plat and gets bodied for free, i mean real free. next match he gets the upper hand and starts teabagging, lol.

man i'm so jealous of ken. his cr.HP is so much better than guiles because why not, fuuuuuuu

Durden77

That's super cool

Man, I wish I played Street Fighter back when arcades were still a thing. Back in those days I only cared about throwing scorpion spears and doing fatalities.

It's been amazing. There has been an extremely good Gief holding it down for so long. I have been the only person that has come close to beating him.

The arcade exp can't be replicated. It's amazing having so many peope cheer you on to beat a tyrant.

K.Sabot

My favorite mindset to fight against is a player who tries to troll you after playing the first round smart and winning, loses 2nd round badly, but then redoubles his effort to troll because he doesn't want to believe he's playing someone that knows what's going on.

Just hit Platinum.:D

Time for another long, long break from Ranked.

grats, just came back to playing ranked today since I hit plat too in march. man this game's dumb lol.

My favorite mindset to fight against is a player who tries to troll you after playing the first round smart and winning, loses 2nd round badly, but then redoubles his effort to troll because he doesn't want to believe he's playing someone that knows what's going on.

grats, just came back to playing ranked today since I hit plat too in march. man this game's dumb lol.

Thanks!

And yeah, Ranked seems to especially bring out all the dumb, including mine. It's like a gambling addiction.

Daigo's top characters in SF5:

S: Chun-Li
A+: Mika, Ryu
A: Cammy, Ken, Karin

From his interview at ECT. Really think Necalli should be in there tbh

FluxWaveZ

Daigo's top characters in SF5:

S: Chun-Li
A+: Mika, Ryu
A: Cammy, Ken, Karin

From his interview at ECT. Really think Necalli should be in there tbh

Obviously, Daigo would know better than I do, but I honestly don't really think Mika should be on the same level as a character like Ryu. Yes, she's Mika. She's got crazy mixups, resets, damage output... but she also has some very real weaknesses, and most of her MUs are really not to her advantage because of them.

But then there's Ryu, where I'm guessing most of his MUs ARE actually in his favor, and he doesn't have any very real weaknesses because he's got effective options for everything.

Seems odd, I guess I'd like to hear some more about it from him.

Top Bottom