• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Pompadour

I would bet this CPT DLC and the costume stuff has been in the pipeline, and they could have been sitting on it for a while. They could still have a backlog of originally planned stuff and not far enough along in progress on the new fixes and modes that are needed.

This is correct. The torrent of DLC we're getting only seems like this because the Zenny system's failure delayed the premium costumes. If the store worked Day 1 we would have had premium costumes Day 1 and the release schedule of DLC would have been much more spread out.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I bought SFV for 20ish bucks off a key site last night. Pretty happy with what I've gotten so far even if I am just a dirty button masher.

If anyone wants to add a complete noob (seriously, I'm using Gooteck's stuff to learn) then have at it. Steam and CFN handle is whiskeystrike.

I fully expect to be Evo ready next year, kappa.

Xeteh

Pretty sure everything in the game is "working" with the exception of CFN statistics. I guess not having an Arcade mode and a DLC structure I agree with counts as broken to some people.

About to put this to use.

Yeah, I hate to because it bugs me to miss conversations happening... but I probably should?

Momentary

Banned
Any other west coast PC players getting a constant 2100e after the update? I love this game. I'm filled with joy every time I start it up.

hamchan

Fair enough to stop 1 round survival mod working. Trainers still working means that we can still finish survival, it'll just take longer.

vg260

I imagine they have a pretty good idea on how much they can sell skins for now and what the appropriate price is. They probably have a lot of data since the store dropped. People will buy these skins in droves, same with the stage you saw. They did a great job making the skins.

I have said this before, but whatever. I don't plan on buying every skin in this game. If I like the costume that they made for my main or characters I play a lot and I feel it is worth it I will buy it. 4-6 dollars is nothing for a hobby/game I spend hours a week on. I will play this game for thousands of hours over it's lifespan and I will get a lot of enjoyment from that 4-6 dollar costume. I just can't put myself into the mindset to get up in arms about the pricing of all this because I don't intend to buy it all. Like a $20 bundle of costumes and I will use 2 of them regularly, who is getting taken advantage of then?

Well, they did have smaller packs of 5 costumes for $4 in Ultra, which is the same price for a single one in SFV. Hard to argue that getting four more for the same price even if you don't use those characters is not a better deal.

The thing is this series went from a model where obtaining all (or even a lot) the costumes was something you could reasonably expect to do. Going to a pricing model where the developer is pretty much telling you that you aren't supposed to be able to get everything without spending a relative fortune doesn't sit well. If that's what you enjoy, that's killing a lot of your fun.

If you historically only pick up a few, it's not going to affect you that much, but for those who like that aspect and like to buy even a moderate amount of costumes, it's a massive value proposition difference. Your $60 in Ultra got you 3 packs of 44 costumes (132 total), but in SFV it would only get you 15 total. That one short of the base roster. Surely most people can see how radically the value proposition has changed.

Momentary

Banned
2 = pc
1 = no connection to server
00 = no problems
e = maintenance.

Where do they have these codes at?

Couldn't they at least say they are undergoing maintenance within the game client? Normal people who come home from work after getting slayed by a mean ass Master Gunnery Sergeant of Marines don't know what the fuck this shit means.

Is this posted on some twitter or something instead of the game?

On twitter yes, it's called sf5server
Also they broadcast it in game
52758b2a15.jpg

Is Rufus there in the CPT stage next to the vendor from Bustling Side Street?

edit: false alarm, it's the hot dog vendor from City in Chaos.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
SF5 still isn't worth $60 with what they've provided on Day 1 and for free.

And I agree that free characters and stages is causing the higher priced DLC. I'd rather they do away with FM since it's basically shat on every mode in the game in the process. Might not be a popular thought, but when you can lose so much for a small issue, it's a major problem.
How many hours have you played this game?

MrCarter

Well, they did have smaller packs of 5 costumes for $4 in Ultra, which is the same price for a single one in SFV. Hard to argue that getting four more for the same price even if you don't use those characters is not a better deal.

The thing is this series went from a model where obtaining all (or even a lot) the costumes was something you could reasonably expect to do. Going to a pricing model where the developer is pretty much telling you that you aren't supposed to be able to get everything without spending a relative fortune doesn't sit well. If that's what you enjoy, that's killing a lot of your fun.

If you historically only pick up a few, it's not going to affect you that much, but for those who like that aspect and like to buy even a moderate amount of costumes, it's a massive value proposition difference. Your $60 in Ultra got you 3 packs of 44 costumes (132 total), but in SFV it would only get you 15 total. That one short of the base roster. Surely most people can see how radically the value proposition has changed.

I understand where you're coming from but you have to understand Ultra was the FOURTH iteration of the game after releasing three previous installations of the same game that cost between $40 - $60. Consumers that were into SF most likely bought all of the updates (which, if you added up, was probably far more expensive than simply the base game of SFV) so they had to give something back by making cosmetics in the game cheaper.

With SFV, Capcom were at least upfront about everything since the game launched, they said premium costumes would cost money and anything not cosmetic (characters and game related updates) would not cost a dime and can be obtained via fight money. I know I'd definitely have the latter. I think this is a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't because even if they went with the SF4 model I'm sure someone, somewhere will still be outraged.

Why do people keep replying to obvious trolls? KingBroly is like 95 percent shitposting in this and every SF related topic. Rarely, the dude will wanna talk about the game, but then goes right back to harping about anything.

I mean, I'm no different, but it's time to stop feeding them.

Bought the stage

Speaking of shiposting, the one who forced my hand to buy the CPT bundle is feeling real good about herself. The stage is great, at least, but i don't really like the colors at all. I like ones that remind me of other capcom characters.

Nice. Can you make a video with a proper online match? Thanks.

Watching evo so it would be too laggy, but I could just make a battle lounge and invite you if you just want to see what it looks like?

Speaking of shiposting, the one who forced my hand to buy the CPT bundle is feeling real good about herself. The stage is great, at least, but i don't really like the colors at all. I like ones that remind me of other capcom characters.

Yeah the colours look pretty bad, so I don't feel too bad about them being exclusive.

vg260

I understand where you're coming from but you have to understand Ultra was the FOURTH iteration of the game after releasing three previous installations of the same game that cost between $40 - $60. Consumers that were into SF most likely bought all of the updates (which, if you added up, was probably far more expensive than simply the base game of SFV) so they had to give something back by making cosmetics in the game cheaper.

With SFV, Capcom were at least upfront about everything since the game launched, they said premium costumes would cost money and anything not cosmetic (characters and game related updates) would not cost a dime and can be obtained via fight money. I know I'd definitely have the latter. I think this is a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't because even if they went with the SF4 model I'm sure someone will still be outraged somewhere.

I do understand all of that, but if jacking up costume DLC 400% is the result, I think their model is not well designed and the free characters skewed things too much. I don't think anyone would have been upset if Capcom didn't make characters obtainable for free, as long as they kept the one-disc idea and other stuff unlockble by playing like KI's model. The free character thing was very much unexpected.

Top Bottom