• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Not a Laura player, but the key to victory is to ask your opponent whether they want to be your grappling bud.

Also don't just use that v-skill overhead by cancelling it from a cr.mk or something, that shit is punishable on block and obvious as fuck.

Frame traps are your friend.
Focus on whiff punishing and counter poking.
Play patiently. You can win a match in five seconds with a few guess no need to rush in and kill yourself.
Learn to bait and punish v-reversals with jabs and grabs.
Learn which fireballs to use depending on where you are in comprasiont o your opponent. Light fireball can anti-air surprisingly well and can shut down some options like Ken's tatsus.

Thanks for the tips. I'l be in the lab as soon as I get a new monitor (my old one broke, and this TV has too much input lag that it's straight up noticeable)

- J - D -

Her pressure game is so scary, and has good knockdown and corner carry, plus she has the equivalent of 3 supers per match.

And she can walk in and out of range so fast.

Also dat St.mk.

Because it's already easy to react to run/dash stuff. lol

I wish I had a collection of quotes from people on neogaf telling me Cammy is predictable/has few options/needs an overhead/etc.

She's amazing. You can't block everything.

Guess I haven't played many good Cammy's. RANDOM EX CANNON SpIKE!

A match I had last night with a good Guile player... I adjusted myself while playing it while talking with my friends around and listening to music on my laptop. :p

https://youtu.be/mBvT4HLSyws?t=210

Anything that I should improve on?

Get those CC punishes bruh. You seem to be spamming a few buttons repeatedly but not you're actively going for any damage when the opportunity presents itself. Guile's Flash kick can be Crush Countered after blocking it, even though the non-EX versions don't have full invincibility (CAPCPOM!!)

Also try to be a bit less predictable with your fireballs. Sometimes sacrifice throwing a fireball if you know your opponent's gonna jump at you, and Anti Air accordingly.

Good times. 2300, in Silver solidly, and only losing to people 2500+

Getting slippereh and continuing to control airspace and dull defender's wariness with more clever Float shenanigans.

NAY NAY!

I know those standing/crouching strongs are really good on her and have been used to corral me in moderation. Try those. Also note how low-rank Boxers love to dash punch reversal or to "break the silence" of a neutral game stare down.

A match I had last night with a good Guile player... I adjusted myself while playing it while talking with my friends around and listening to music on my laptop. :p

https://youtu.be/mBvT4HLSyws?t=210

Anything that I should improve on?

Where do you run into so many non-yolo Ryus? I never get those rushdown throws/honest meaties any more and just fish for DPs/never-not-be-jumpin'.

Shadoken

I would love to see a graphical enhancement like KI got. Looked like a whole different game by Season 3. 720p -> 900p, improved lighting, etc.

Doubt there would be any real graphical enhancement. Like textures or models. Capcom is the kind to eek out the most money while spending less.

we can at best get something like a settings change in AA , Res. The BG characters are still going to look ass and low poly.

Shadoken

Japan still doesn't think highly of him (even though they constantly get bodied). They're convinced he will be trash once the input lag is fixed.

Huh funny. I always thought if the input lag was fixed Charlie would be an even stronger wall to deal with. I can see his Dash up throw becoming easy to tech. But his zoning game should probably get enough of a boost to keep him exactly where he is.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Huh funny. I always thought if the input lag was fixed Charlie would be an even stronger wall to deal with. I can see his Dash up throw becoming easy to tech. But his zoning game should probably get enough of a boost to keep him exactly where he is.
I am almost excited and scared to see what a no 8f lag Charlie can do with his Vskill.

Hyun Sai

You guys are aware that SFIV had 6 frames lag right ? So those 2 frames will not be such a big game changer than people think.

I even think I saw that KoF XIV has around 7 frames lag, but I could be wrong.

JayEH

You guys are aware that SFIV had 6 frames lag right ? So those 2 frames will not be such a big game changer than people think.

I agree, I don't think it will be much of a change either but I just find it funny that a lot of people blame their bad play on it.

Edzi

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand the lag issue at all, even among well known players/pros.

SF4 on Xbox had 5, the PS3 version had 7 I think. I started on PS3 and it felt fine to me. I eventually got a Xbox just for SF4 because everybody said online was better and their were more people there. It didn't seem any different to me until I went back to PS3 and was struggling to hit my links. It may not seem like much but it definitely makes a noticeable difference.

SF4 on Xbox had 5, the PS3 version had 7 I think. I started on PS3 and it felt fine to me. I eventually got a Xbox just for SF4 because everybody said online was better and their were more people there. It didn't seem any different to me until I went back to PS3 and was struggling to hit my links. It may not seem like much but it definitely makes a noticeable difference.

SF4 had 1 frame links though, SF5 has a 3f buffer.

Durden77

Guile is inherently a stronger wall. The problem is that Nash has so much more roon for error.

I played a good Nash a lot tonight at DragonCon, and while I was smashed (and still am), that's what I realized. We can both make walls all day. Mine is stronger, but his is so much easier to work with because of his options.

If I fuck up once, my wall is shattered. If Nash fucks up, he's ok. Guile's risk/reward should be more intense because of the fact thag his wall is stronger, but Nash just gets the abilty to create that similar type of wall without many repercussions.

Sayad

I don't see the logic of Japanese players that think Nash will suck if they reduce the 8f lag.
Logic behind it is that his dash ins will be easier to react to. Him and Necalli won't get away with as much dash ins, no idea how much that will actually change Nash though. For Necalli, we see dash in, low forward in almost every set, dashes being easier to react to will hurt him a lot.

lupinko

Oh right I have PS+ now, I'm in Japan so I guess netplay will be impossible for most of GAF.

My CFN is lupinko / PSN is SuperkingGCNET.

I hate hate hate hate haaaaaate fighting Kens online. There's no rhyme or reason to when they bust out the dumb DP shenanigans (i.e. after blocked or whiffed Tatsus, after raw V-Trigger, after whiffed jabs) and all it does it put me on tilt and make me develop bad habits for tournament play.

Bleh I should really learn a character who isn't 100% dependent on momentum and oki pressure so YOLO Shotos can't get under my skin as much.

lol
sfv__f_a_n_g_as_angry_bird_by_monkeygigabuster-dagp2gq.jpg

LakeEarth

"I wonder if the double XP weekend is still on for labour day."

Failure to retrieve data. [40006]

Jesus Christ Capcom! It's been 7 months!

Top Bottom