• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I seriously do not know how people reach Gold and not know how to tech.
giphy.gif

The opponent is totally mindfucked by the looks of this.

Shadoken

I dont think teching is even that great in this game when you look at a risk/reward scenario.

Throws dont always lead to perfect meaty situations , which means wake up jab or backdash can get you out. Most Combos on the other hand will.

You can use the Jump throw OS which will still a much lesser risk than just reaction teching.

If you do tech a throw you dont really gain any frame advantage , if you block a CC normal however most of them are -ve on block. Or you can even V-reversal.

I never tech against bison. His throw gives me space to get out and the damage is so minimal compared to his cc combos. A throw is nothing

Yup. In that 2nd throw the Ryu could have backdashed .That was not a perfect meaty.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What's missing here is a laggy connection (or even a normal 40+ms) and most of these other games would look terrible.

The one thing SFV does right is that it is consistent across all conditions, especially online vs offline.

"I wonder if the double XP weekend is still on for labour day."

Failure to retrieve data. [40006]

Jesus Christ Capcom! It's been 7 months!

yea, the errors are getting crazy. takes longer to load a match too sometimes. game is so slow.

DR2K

Banned
Hi I'm going to barely win 1 match in a great connection and then leave immediately.

Why the fuck is this an option? It's not even ranked, you can't lose anything.

sixghost

Does anyone know why ChrisG never does meaty St.HP with Guile after a backthrow or flash kick? He always goes with the St.MP, Cr.MP link that combos on counter hit. Is the potential crush counter just not worth the tradeoff of being minus on block?

Hyun Sai

Does anyone know why ChrisG never does meaty St.HP with Guile after a backthrow or flash kick? He always goes with the St.MP, Cr.MP link that combos on counter hit. Is the potential crush counter just not worth the tradeoff of being minus on block?

St.HP is -4 on block, so it's too dangerous to do that close range at that level of competition. You will be punished.

Bob White

Learned some basics with mika and I didn't know just how strong she was.

cr lk is +1

What? Meaning I can hit someone with a well spaced cr lk, do a little shimmy, then well spaced cr hp for instant derp derp mika pressure. This is crazy.

I guarantee they nerf cr lk for season 2.

FluxWaveZ

cr lk is +1

What? Meaning I can hit someone with a well spaced cr lk, do a little shimmy, then well spaced cr hp for instant derp derp mika pressure. This is crazy.

Nerf what is essentially the only real low attack she has?

cr lk is +1

It's not crazy, and it won't be nerfed lol

mbpm1

cr lk is +1

that's nothing

Whales

Banned

cr lk is +1

did you know karin's st.lk is +3 on block?

Producer

I do wonder how they'd nerf Mika without shitting up the character. Maybe fHP nerf, that doesnt seem that bad. Probably just the 8f lag fix will help out with dealing with her.

Vice

I do wonder how they'd nerf Mika without shitting up the character. Maybe fHP nerf, that doesnt seem that bad. Probably just the 8f lag fix will help out with dealing with her.

8f getting reduced won't change her or Nash much. She works as intended. I could see her command grab range getting nerfed and more scaling on Irish Whip combos.

Producer

Probably wont make a huge difference but will still help in reacting to her charged dropkick. Maybe i just have wack reactions but its hard for me sometimes to react to it. That and dash up command throw.

Gusto

I absolutely love SFV and I'm looking to get better, is there any place to add our fighter ID to meet up with fellow gaffers?

Probably have to wait til next week knowing the times they released info on chars before

Tokyo Game Show (Sept 17) has some big SF5 festivities planned (tourney and a stage show)...so good chance we'll get news then.

We'll probably get our info at TGS.
This is true but everyone knows that Urien isn't actually showing up until the last few possible days of September.

And we'll be lucky if they give us an actual date during TGS.

Top Bottom