• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Guys, what are my best options after blocking Laura's LP Elbow. I know it's -2 on block. Doesn't seem punishable. I play as Karin. My cr.LP is 3 frames. Would a neutral jump work to avoid command grab and counter hits?

FluxWaveZ

Guys, what are my best options after blocking Laura's LP Elbow. I know it's -2 on block. Doesn't seem punishable. I play as Karin. My cr.LP is 3 frames. Would a neutral jump work to avoid command grab and counter hits?

I don't get what you're saying. If Karin's cr.LP is a 3-frame startup, that'll stuff literally anything Laura tries to do after she's -2, including a command grab. You're not going to punish a -2 unless the Laura isn't respecting you, but it's absolutely your turn to do something after it.

Edit: Oh I see, there's maintenance. It would be nice if this game didn't endlessly load in that case unless I pulled the LAN cable.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I don't get what you're saying. If Karin's cr.LP is a 3-frame startup, that'll stuff literally anything Laura tries to do after she's -2, including a command grab. You're not going to punish a -2 unless the Laura isn't respecting you, but it's absolutely your turn to do something after it.

So then if she does attempt something after the elbow I can cr.LP into Just Frame Tenko as a punish then. Maybe my timing is off or online lag messed me up cuz I was missing that last night against my boy's Laura.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can only punish something that's not safe on block. A move that's -2 is safe on block. But if she does anything after, you will hit her out of it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
You can only punish something that's not safe on block. A move that's -2 is safe on block. But if she does anything after, you will hit her out of it.

Yeah that was my issue because he kept attacking and I was somehow missing the window for the cr.LP. Probably my old man reactions but I was doing it just now against the CPU in training. Or maybe lag? Either way, was frustrating.

Kikirin

Yeah that was my issue because he kept attacking and I was somehow missing the window for the cr.LP. Probably my old man reactions but I was doing it just now against the CPU in training. Or maybe lag? Either way, was frustrating.
I know the feeling all too well. Experience a lot of the same, also vs a friend's Laura.

adamy

Banned
Anyone playing this on an Alienware alpha?

I got an i3 alpha with 8 gigs of ram and was wondering how it would perform

Coda

Weird too because I was watching the WinnerStaysOn sessions earlier and they said it'd be on tonight. They probably were just assuming though.

Ran into a legit lag swticher in casual. Just why? My screen just freezes every while he does combos perfectly fine.

After playing USF4, there was a huge skill gap between V. Reads and Reaction are just gone in SFV.

Producer

Ran into a legit lag swticher in casual. Just why? My screen just freezes every while he does combos perfectly fine.

After playing USF4, there was a huge skill gap between V. Reads and Reaction are just gone in SFV.

A read is a read, how can that be gone? Im not understanding.

Edzi

Pretty sure your internet is just garbage.

Tripon

Reads should be strengthened in a game where you can't react fast.

You have to "read" or predict what your opponent going to do in order to beat your opponent.

lupinko

Any chance SFV will be on sale before Oct 1 again on PSN?

I really want to try and stack my HB 45% coupon.

I already own it on disc
for $10, thanks Amazon.com!
but I would prefer it digital so I wouldn't have to switch discs between it and KOFXIV and Revelator.

I went physical for those games because they were cheaper and came with something nice (a b2 size tapestry for KOF).

The discount with the coupon for my CA account results in $38 CAD currently.

What? If reads and reactions are gone, what else is there?
Lol, what does that even mean?

IT'S JUST TWO EXTRA FRAMES, GUYS AND GALS.

Try not to blame all of life's problems on them.

Not talking about input lag. When fighting someone across the the world outside the state, animation of moves just skips making them hard to react. Hell I was even regular thrown after blocking Mika's drop kick and back dashing as Cammy and other things like damage turning into gray health or getting hit or trade by Ryu's St.lk after his Axe Kick despite not being hard to punish

Pretty sure your internet is just garbage.

tumblr_m3vj4o3Rhp1r3zat8.gif

I'm sure you have the best ISP in the wotld with low ping as well as your opponent's when they live on the other side of the world.

LakeEarth

I use Balrog's super like Abel's all the time, reacting to fireballs and punishing mid screen on reaction. Hell I punished Guile's EX fireball today and that thing recovers very quick.

mbpm1

Getting back into this game.

Juri is still fun, but still hard against disciplined opponents who know how to late tech

oh hey, a Urien trailer

Neoxon

R.I.P. Naked Urien

They modeled his loincloth model under all of his costumes for nothing?

Hopefully it wasn't axed because of censorship.

It looks like it got axed (either because of eSports-related censorship or because Capcom wanted to sell the costume separately).
A separate costume would be fine, but if it's been removed then that's completely unacceptable.

Don't sell us a whole gaggle of swimsuits/cut-outs/underboob for the ladies then tell me Urien can't have his freaking loincloth.

SMK

He doesn't strip down in the Story mode so I'm guessing it was a scrapped idea. It'll probably come back though.

Neoxon

Hatson from Reddit dissected the trailer for Urien changes.
Hatson said:
From looking at this frame-by-frame via Youtube (uploaded in 60 FPS, so you can use it for psuedo framedata).

Visible changes from the version we have:
  • cr. HP startup increased from 8fr -> 9fr
  • cr. MP startup increased from 6fr -> 7fr
  • f. MP startup increased from 7fr -> 8fr (but I might be wrong, some Urien data says it was already 7fr, some say 8fr. This is unsure territory)
  • EX tackle startup increased from 7fr -> 8fr
  • cr. MK still 9fr startup
  • forward Dash still 16 frames
  • Super startup reduced from 6fr -> 5fr (? Not sure on this one).
  • I didn't notice many changes except the frame data nerfs. The cr. MP is a pretty big nerf for his CH combos and meaty setups. The cr. HP could also fuck up some meaty setups, but not sure, has to be tested.

Young Magus

Any chance SFV will be on sale before Oct 1 again on PSN?

I really want to try and stack my HB 45% coupon.

I already own it on disc
for $10, thanks Amazon.com!
but I would prefer it digital so I wouldn't have to switch discs between it and KOFXIV and Revelator.

I went physical for those games because they were cheaper and came with something nice (a b2 size tapestry for KOF).

The discount with the coupon for my CA account results in $38 CAD currently.

Askin the same question here.

He doesn't strip down in the Story mode so I'm guessing it was a scrapped idea. It'll probably come back though.
I truly hope so. It might seem trivial to some, but it's important to me.

When you have to worry about any detail like this, ones that appeal to those outside the "core" demographic, it doesn't inspire confidence that Capcom is interested in appealing to a more varied group of players. (And even with the worry about eSports and all that jazz, the ladies still get a variety of provocative outfits, and will continue to do so.)

I've got no problem with sex appeal in gaming, but it's a lot more fun when everyone can join in.

Top Bottom