• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I think as any character vs sim you have to stop thinking of normal strategies and make all your decisions on risk/reward ratio. Finding things that trade and move you forward are generally pretty good against sim. Or you can just play Ryu and jLK to beat his anti airs for free.

You are the hero this thread needs.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216157060]I think as any character vs sim you have to stop thinking of normal strategies and make all your decisions on risk/reward ratio. Finding things that trade and move you forward are generally pretty good against sim. Or you can just play Ryu and jLK to beat his anti airs for free.[/QUOTE]Agreed. Controlling the spacing and picking your moments is paramount when facing Dhalsim, considerably more so than any other character.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKCiY8oB_Qf/

9unfFH5.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=193766363#post193766363

Coda

Yeah he's awesome. I was considering swapping my av for the Laura with glasses.

Garrett Hawke's PG Laura mod was also insprired by one of his works.

Hells yeah, I saw that picture of Laura with glasses and was like damn that's too hot for words haha.

Mizerman

Whoa. Those are pretty cool.

Yeah he's awesome. I was considering swapping my av for the Laura with glasses.

Garrett Hawke's PG Laura mod was also insprired by one of his works.

Really? That's even more cool.

Sigmaah

I personally don't think any of the dlc chars are weak. You obviously have characters who outshine the dlc but that doesn't make them weak.

Neoxon

This description for Urien came from Capcom UK's upload of the trailer.
Capcom UK said:
First introduced in Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, Urien is the Vice President of Illuminati and wants nothing but to take over Illuminati from his older brother, Gill, and destroy Shadaloo.
Is this the first time Capcom straight-up said that he's with the Illuminati? I recall the main SF games just saying "secret society" when referring to the Illuminati.

I just noticed that the Japanese and English trailers for Urien use different music.

Seems like the footage was cut to fit the English version's music rather than his official theme like in the JP trailer, which maybe explains why some people thought the JP trailer seemed poorly-edited? Only Guile and Balrog's trailers were edited specifically to fit their character themes iirc, the rest use some pretty hype licensed music.

Shadoken

Am still amazed by how much worse the OST in this game can get. It started out pretty strong but then just kept getting worse as DLC chars showed up. I wonder if they will get rid of Character OSTs all together for Season 2.

I just noticed that the Japanese and English trailers for Urien use different music.

Seems like the footage was cut to fit the English version's music rather than his official theme like in the JP trailer, which maybe explains why some people thought the JP trailer seemed poorly-edited? Only Guile and Balrog's trailers were edited specifically to fit their character themes iirc, the rest use some pretty hype licensed music.

Nash reveal trailer is still the GOAT reveal trailer. Dat hype music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiss8gcqXoU

JayEH

Am still amazed by how much worse the OST in this game can get. It started out pretty strong but then just kept getting worse as DLC chars showed up. I wonder if they will get rid of Character OSTs all together for Season 2.

Nash reveal trailer is still the GOAT reveal trailer. Dat hype music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiss8gcqXoU

Balrog, Guile, and Ibuki have good themes imo. I sort of like Juri's as well and Alex's is alright. So for me I think all the character OSTs for the DLC characters have been good.

Shadoken

Balrog, Guile, and Ibuki have good themes imo. I sort of like Juri's as well and Alex's is alright. So for me I think all the character OSTs for the DLC characters have been good.

Ehhh they are alright. I mean SFV ost started out really good with the original cast with stuff like Ryu,Ken,Karin,Fang and Nash themes. Rog is good. Guile is good but doesnt live up to its legendary status. Alex and Juri OST should be considered a crime. Especially with how amazing the original Jazzy NYC was.

FluxWaveZ

Balrog's theme is the best theme in the game.

Bottom line: the calculated risks are a means to end to force a good Dhalsim to think more if you're successful to any degree. Learn what the preferable ranges are for whiff punishes / stuffing his limbs, when you could theoretically jump over them + land Mika's HK afterwards, be more irregular with your button presses or when you walk forwards -> block / opt for shimmies and so forth. It's an incredibly nuanced strategy quite frankly which will take some time to pick up on, but it's mandatory if you want to fight him in the neutral or outside the area where Mika can put people in the blender. The Mika mix-ups were, to put it bluntly, all you had going for you in that grand finals set vs Snafoo.

Thanks for the advice, this is some good stuff. These are the kinds of high-level, abstract concepts and strategies that I don't really actively think about, but that I absolutely need to now.

I've got a better idea of what I need to do next time I face him.

Pompadour

I'm sure Street Fighter V will get a Pro upgrade if only because the game will be continually updated next year. I'm not that sure what they'll bother doing with the extra power, however.

Edzi

Most important thing for me would be to have the stupid looking clipping fixed.

YES, if they ever do anything with the graphics then this needs to be the number one priority. At the very least, make it so that the character select screen and character win poses don't have insane clipping.

That list is just a word dump from the conference. They said expect many more games in the coming months.

But that clipping ain't gonna end. It's a painful reminder of our genre.

Are you tired of your Ken's hair clipping through his body every time you win a match?

Are you constantly thinking "there has to be a better way?"

Well, there is! Introducing Ken's Krazy Kuts, the haircut program that will eliminate that pesky clipping faster than you can do a wakeup DP.

For one easy payment of 3.99, you can watch that mangy mane transform into a dapper 'do before your very eyes. It's as easy as ha-do-ken!*

Ken's Krazy Kuts: A quick snip to banish the clip.

*Warning: Results may vary. Ask your doctor before trying Ken's Krazy Kuts. Side effects may include boundless shame, loss of dignity and fits of uncontrollable laughter. Please note that any resemblance a user of Ken's Krazy Kuts may bear to a thumb dipped in mustard is purely coincidental.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's true. Sorry, Ken players.

we deserve it (T_T)

Are you tired of your Ken's hair clipping through his body every time you win a match?

Are you constantly thinking "there has to be a better way?"

Well, there is! Introducing Ken's Krazy Kuts, the haircut program that will eliminate that pesky clipping faster than you can do a wakeup DP.

For one easy payment of 3.99, you can watch that mangy mane transform into a dapper 'do before your very eyes. It's as easy as ha-do-ken!*

Ken's Krazy Kuts: A quick snip to banish the clip.

*Warning: Results may vary. Ask your doctor before trying Ken's Krazy Kuts. Side effects may include boundless shame, loss of dignity and fits of uncontrollable laughter. Please note that any resemblance a user of Ken's Krazy Kuts may bear to a thumb dipped in mustard is purely coincidental.

I've fought a person using this costume exactly once. It made me mad.

Although now that you mention it I do like mustard...

I've fought a person using this costume exactly once. It made me mad.

Although now that you mention it I do like mustard...

I don't play Ken but I bought that costume solely so that when my setup is used at locals its presence can torment any Ken mains who dare gaze upon it.

One guy unironically uses it though and everyone hates him for it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so confused right now...

Playstation Pro? Is that the final name for Neo?

Also, wasn't the plan to make it just a more powerful PS4? Now only select games can be played on it?

Am I way off or whats going on here?
Yes Pro is the official name for Neo. The list if of games that are getting patches to actually benefit from the extra power.

edit: It's more like those are the games they mentioned in the conference apparently. Doesn't mean anything.

Yes Pro is the official name for Neo. The list if of games that are getting patches to actually benefit from the extra power.

Ah ok thank you.

Well in that case, I don't see how SFV could possibly benifit from PS4 Pro seeing as I can play the game on the highest settings with a 660ti on PC and the only stage that will have some slowdown is the waterfall.

Edit: I forget how messed up the shadows are on PS4.

Pompadour

Ah ok thank you.

Well in that case, I don't see how SFV could possibly benifit from PS4 Pro seeing as I can play the game on the highest settings with a 660ti on PC and the only stage that will have some slowdown is the waterfall.

Edit: I forget how messed up the shadows are on PS4.

If there's a Pro Patch it will likely just be:
  • better shadows
  • 60 FPS background elements

Top Bottom