• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

Balrog's stage also is 60 fps. I'm guessing that the launch stages were 30 fps to accommodate stage transitions(? talking out of my ass) and since those were cut...

Whales

Banned
didn't play for like 5 days and im back at sucking ass and losing to people who jump every 0.1sec or spam dumb shit

sigh

wait, really? Which ones?

Shadoloo base: all the npcs operating vehicles
Hillside: dancers, guy with ball, happy toucan and vendor.
Underground: bear, dancers, 2 npcs with guns.
Bustling: traffic in the background, npcs in the bus, guy in red near the door, might be some more inside but I don't remember.
Waterfall: 2 blue birds in front, a bunch of sheep close to the player, the lizard, birds flying overhead.
Union station: Old white dude, the conductor queen's guard standing right next to him.
Kanzuki: shibazaki, ninja hanging on rope, ninja ziplining down rope, train in the background.
City in chaos: completely 60fps
Apprentice alley: Elephant, floating guy.
4 kings: everything cept the 2 scientists on the right.

DLC: all 60fps cept for sprite elements on some like ring of destiny and balrog stage.

Seems like a memory thing, animation compression to save memory when there are too many bones animating at the same time, seems most obvious on apprentice alley; something's gotta give when you develop for ps4 ;P.

JayEH

? There could still be some graphical improvements with the upgrade of the new hardware. No matter how minor.

Been messing with Juri a lot in training mode lately. She's super good, but I don't think she really fits my playstyle and the decision-making with deciding whether to stock or attack isn't something I'm good with.

I accidentally restarted in the corner, but this was supposed to show max range on the flip so the cFP only hits if they wake up with a button. that way the v-skill cancel is actually an option select. It's the same thing otherwise, though. It's probably terrible since I think they can just whiff punish on reaction but I didn't really test that.

mZxpz9.gif

cHP is very risky though, very unsafe on block and very easy to whiff punish, it's meant as a sure thing CC since it's the only move hk flip kick will combo from.

So i think my back up to Balrog is gonna be Chun-li. I messed around with M. Bison and Fang since there charge characters, but couldnt really get anything going with them. ChunLi on the other hand is a ball of fun and easy combos.

Neoxon

Just got back from a double-whammy of tutoring & play auditions
(hopefully I made callbacks)
. I was hoping to unwind with some SFV, but I forgot it was the weekday.

Maybe Thursday I can get some lab time in.

Ggs!

It was mostly good, a few spotty moments but otherwise good. How about for you?

Had some spotty rollbacks too, it seemed to be worse the last 2 sets but nothing unplayable. It started getting difficult trying to react to the air legs.

Got any tips you could offer after those matches?

myco666

Have you gotten the plat yet?

Still need around 100k FM for the 1million FM trophy. I could play those Hard Survivals for few characters but I think I am going to wait for dailies and see how much those give before doing more Survival.

Just got RQ on by a Ryu in casuals who DP'd on literally every single wakeup.

It was wild.

Best kind of Ryu. "Hmm he blocked my wake up DP twice now and punished it very hard both times... I bet he won't block it this time though!"

vulva

Had some spotty rollbacks too, it seemed to be worse the last 2 sets but nothing unplayable. It started getting difficult trying to react to the air legs.

Got any tips you could offer after those matches?

I'm so awful at advice since I don't feel I'm good enough to be giving it.

The best I can offer is to not press so much when you have v trigger bombs out, especially if I have meter (or for other MUs if they have an invincible reversal available). I think I won a bunch because of you just constantly pressing. I realized that you don't like to block much when you're applying the pressure (with a few exceptions which I saw you adapt to later on).

That said Ibuki's pressure is such a huge risk to begin with, you should be more willing to bait a reversal and go for a punish than to keep trying to make opportunities considering how negative she usually is on block (I didn't capitalize on this mostly due to not feeling comfortable with the timings based on the animations, but a better player will blow you up for that).

Don't be afraid to v reversal in certain pressure situations either, mainly I'm thinking of instant air legs. You would block them and usually wait for me to do it again then attempt a reversal ex dp. This soon became predictable and I could decide if it was worth the risk of getting hit by it or not based on my own health vs yours. Since her ex dp is the only one that enters a counterhit state, that's an incredibly risky and expensive tactic for little pay off. A v reversal would put me at bay. However, and this is another huge factor, Ibuki is basically awful without v trigger available so you have to decide if it's worth it to possibly let me run you over and hope I screw up in my pressure or to make the character heavily neutered.

Remember that your overhead is -2 on block, so it becomes my turn once I block it, I noticed you would continue to hit buttons after which won't really work out.

Doing raw unprotected/unobscured (IE v trigger to obscure) command dashes is a hugely risky tactic since someone can just jab you out of it and kill the pressure. In a lot of cases, actually, most characters can just jab to kill your pressure and those dashes can act as a way to ensure that the opponent knows it will hit and lead to a bigger punish.

Going back to instant air legs, I think you can slide under it which would make your life a lot easier. Instead of going for the mild damage punish, I think you can just avoid the situation all together and possibly punish me on my recovery too.

Use her vskill as a poke more often, build that v meter.

If you're really not confident in an anti air, feel free to go air to air. You have a few air options, and if you challenge the jump in with them then you're likely to receive far less damage then you would off a jump in.

Work on changing your rhythms too, there were so many counterhit sweeps I landed only because you kept the same timing for strings and approaches.

I can't think of anything else outside of change characters since Ibuki's the worst in the game by far, unless you're investing in to her hoping for buffs in Season 2.

I'm so awful at advice since I don't feel I'm good enough to be giving it.

The best I can offer is to not press so much when you have v trigger bombs out, especially if I have meter (or for other MUs if they have an invincible reversal available). I think I won a bunch because of you just constantly pressing. I realized that you don't like to block much when you're applying the pressure (with a few exceptions which I saw you adapt to later on).

That said Ibuki's pressure is such a huge risk to begin with, you should be more willing to bait a reversal and go for a punish than to keep trying to make opportunities considering how negative she usually is on block (I didn't capitalize on this mostly due to not feeling comfortable with the timings based on the animations, but a better player will blow you up for that).

Don't be afraid to v reversal in certain pressure situations either, mainly I'm thinking of instant air legs. You would block them and usually wait for me to do it again then attempt a reversal ex dp. This soon became predictable and I could decide if it was worth the risk of getting hit by it or not based on my own health vs yours. Since her ex dp is the only one that enters a counterhit state, that's an incredibly risky and expensive tactic for little pay off. A v reversal would put me at bay. However, and this is another huge factor, Ibuki is basically awful without v trigger available so you have to decide if it's worth it to possibly let me run you over and hope I screw up in my pressure or to make the character heavily neutered.

Remember that your overhead is -2 on block, so it becomes my turn once I block it, I noticed you would continue to hit buttons after which won't really work out.

Doing raw unprotected/unobscured (IE v trigger to obscure) command dashes is a hugely risky tactic since someone can just jab you out of it and kill the pressure. In a lot of cases, actually, most characters can just jab to kill your pressure and those dashes can act as a way to ensure that the opponent knows it will hit and lead to a bigger punish.

Going back to instant air legs, I think you can slide under it which would make your life a lot easier. Instead of going for the mild damage punish, I think you can just avoid the situation all together and possibly punish me on my recovery too.

Use her vskill as a poke more often, build that v meter.

If you're really not confident in an anti air, feel free to go air to air. You have a few air options, and if you challenge the jump in with them then you're likely to receive far less damage then you would off a jump in.

Work on changing your rhythms too, there were so many counterhit sweeps I landed only because you kept the same timing for strings and approaches.

I can't think of anything else outside of change characters since Ibuki's the worst in the game by far, unless you're investing in to her hoping for buffs in Season 2.

Thanks, some of it was from me not playing for a few weeks so I got into an automatic mode. I was dropping a bit of the combos, especially the ones where I landed an overhead.

We had a lot of close matches but I couldn't seem to close out a lot of the rounds at the end. I felt like I was doing better in the earlier sets, but then I got a bit frustrated and kind of just broke apart at the end.

I already feel pretty invested in her since I switched to her from Rashid, so I'll just keep with her.

I'm down for more games tomorrow, would love some more experience vs Chun. I'll keep all the tips in mind.

Shadoloo base: all the npcs operating vehicles
Hillside: dancers, guy with ball, happy toucan and vendor.
Underground: bear, dancers, 2 npcs with guns.
Bustling: traffic in the background, npcs in the bus, guy in red near the door, might be some more inside but I don't remember.
Waterfall: 2 blue birds in front, a bunch of sheep close to the player, the lizard, birds flying overhead.
Union station: Old white dude, the conductor queen's guard standing right next to him.
Kanzuki: shibazaki, ninja hanging on rope, ninja ziplining down rope, train in the background.
City in chaos: completely 60fps
Apprentice alley: Elephant, floating guy.
4 kings: everything cept the 2 scientists on the right.

DLC: all 60fps cept for sprite elements on some like ring of destiny and balrog stage.

Seems like a memory thing, animation compression to save memory when there are too many bones animating at the same time, seems most obvious on apprentice alley; something's gotta give when you develop for ps4 ;P.

Wow, never noticed it on the vanilla stages. My eyes have changed now.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Casual RQ from Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb0g7Xubrpg

I'll get mad to if Laura armor through everything with no health.
Why accept the rematch then? Why do it in the first round? The player wasn't idle very long before it happened, either. It maybe telling that they didn't quick rise but that's the only little thing that points to RQ rather than genuine error.

Out of curiosity what time of day do you play? Could that explain why you have trouble matchmaking locally?

If you're serious about troubleshooting your lag issues, it might be a good idea to play sets against a bunch of gaffers. We can report where we are located and how the connection appeared on our end so you can compare it to your experience.

Grifter

Been testing defending some mixups, and Cammy's ex.dive > lp > cross-under seems like a pure guess if done correctly. Cross-unders in this game can be so ambiguous and hard to spot until both characters have landed. Besides, the mixup in reversing your motions also feel inconsistent so only charge characters can rely on that option. Anyone have better ways to deal with these?

B3il

Awhile back I asked about the "Failed to retrieve data [80003]" error I was getting when running this game.

Well someone on the PSN forums solved this issue for me. Bizarrely, if you turn off your ISP's parental block function (I'm in the UK, on Virgin Media, where they enable it by default) - the next time you boot up SFV it'll detect the update straight away and start installing it. I'm now running v1.07, making my way through Balrog's trials. :)

image.php

Sigmaah

Ayeeee got super plat.

I think Ima go for diamond and be done with ranked for good. I want that nice little diamond symbol.

Shit's gonna be a struggle with vega but I think I can make it happen.

Y'all gotta peep this comeback I made on this cammy for super plat. He had a 14 win streak too. Shit was a damn good match.

It's between Balrog or Ken's themes for best song in the game imo, but I actually really like SFV's iteration of Guile's theme. It has a really funky Eric Clapton-esque vibe to it, to the point where I can throw it on the stereo at work and no one even realizes it's from a video game.

Funnily enough I much prefer the licensed song they used in Alex's trailer over Jazzy NYC; it just seems to fit Alex so well for some reason.

Top Bottom