• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Why would you play someone from Germany? Unless you're not actually from the US.

I think I understand your lag problems now...

This happened to me twice where CSGO matchmaking kept pairing me up with players from Eastern Europe with Ping Limit at 70.I had to wipe the game off my HDD to get it working the first time until I found out about MM Server Picker to fix the issue the second time. I wonder if I can use it for games other than Counter Strike.

SephLuis

I really need to get back into training. I had to stop playing for two weeks I guess and my game just got much worse.

My execution is still, mostly, fine, but I am not getting focused into a match =/

It's like my brain knows what is going wrong but I keep going through the obvious motions and lost. Anyone already had this issue ?

I really need to get back into training. I had to stop playing for two weeks I guess and my game just got much worse.

My execution is still, mostly, fine, but I am not getting focused into a match =/

It's like my brain knows what is going wrong but I keep going through the obvious motions and lost. Anyone already had this issue ?

Happens with every game I drop for awhile, peak performance only returns after a day or so.

My SFV theme tier chart: http://tinyurl.com/zuphs4h

Guile's I think is the best it's ever been, and his theme is a big part of what got 7-year-old me into playing the character back in SF2 on SNES. I love the added guitar solos and the funky Eric Clapton vibe ScraftyDevil mentioned. Couldn't have asked for a better theme for my main.

Ken's is also the best it's ever been, imo.

Fang has by far my favorite of the new themes, although that weird part where the volume goes down then back up drags it down slightly for me.

Balrog's is great, but the intro doesn't do much for me.

I really appreciate that good tracks were able to be salvaged from Mika and Karin's pretty forgettable SFA3 themes, with a lot of creative liberties taken.

I think Rashid's theme is awful aside from the "RASHIDOOOO!" part, which is fun.

I don't hate Laura's theme as much as a lot of people seem to, but it's still pretty low on the list, for me.

Cammy's theme I dislike a lot because it feels like such a step down from pretty much every other version of her theme I've heard, and it's normally one of my favorites.

Juri's theme sounds like a barebones rough demo version that was never revisited.

vulva

My SFV theme tier chart: http://tinyurl.com/zuphs4h

Guile's I think is the best it's ever been, and his theme is a big part of what got 7-year-old me into playing the character back in SF2 on SNES. I love the added guitar solos and the funky Eric Clapton vibe ScraftyDevil mentioned. Couldn't have asked for a better theme for my main.

Ken's is also the best it's ever been, imo.

Fang has by far my favorite of the new themes, although that weird part where the volume goes down then back up drags it down slightly for me.

Balrog's is great, but the intro doesn't do much for me.

I really appreciate that good tracks were able to be salvaged from Mika and Karin's pretty forgettable SFA3 themes, with a lot of creative liberties taken.

I think Rashid's theme is awful aside from the "RASHIDOOOO!" part, which is fun.

I don't hate Laura's theme as much as a lot of people seem to, but it's still pretty low on the list, for me.

Cammy's theme I dislike a lot because it feels like such a step down from pretty much every other version of her theme I've heard, and it's normally one of my favorites.

Juri's theme sounds like a barebones rough demo version that was never revisited.
Great!

More bad Juri mixup ideas:

n5y1xD.gif

I don't know about Ibuki, but you seem to be really good with your buttons. All of my Necalli buttons got stuffed in the first set.

A lot of mine were getting stuffed in the 2nd. That double ko was great. I had some weird stuff in the 2nd set where I would press a button and nothing registered. Not sure if it was my stick or the connection.

A lot of mine were getting stuffed in the 2nd. That double ko was great. I had some weird stuff in the 2nd set where I would press a button and nothing registered. Not sure if it was my stick or the connection.

I would get supers and DPs by accident in the 2nd set. It was probably the connection.

In the 2nd set I was just blocking more since I was taking way too many hits in the 1st set.

LakeEarth

So you can get a crush counter even if a fireball hits first? A Bison got a CC even though it was clear that his slow ass fireball hit before the fierce. Huh.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hey guys,

I am just wondering, if any of you guys will be attending the tournament for AVideogameCon this weekend?

http://www.avideogamecon.com/

It's only on Saturday, right? I was thisclose to going but my son wanted to go to the Mario Kart tournament on Sunday instead with his friends, and I was only going to pay for one day. Last year I went and didn't realize they would have fighting game freeplay for pretty much everything. I'm going to bring my HRAP with me on Sunday at least so my Karin can finally get offline comp.

Nah, Guile has that thousand yard stare, good costumes and he is one of the few characters in the game that actually has decent hair. He isn't on Ken or Alex's levels. It isn't all bad, though. I think Alex has got the best animations out of the whole DLC cast. He has so many specials, such faithfully recreated moves and a very meaty (even if shitty in the damage department) looking critical art. Too bad he is kinda weak, uglier than a black friday crowd in front of a walmart and his wakeup game is literally on par with Vega's which wouldn't be so bad if he were actually good like Vega.

Guile looks fine IMO. (I think the harshness of some of his facial features fits his military persona perfectly.) Alex's face/hair needs a bit of work, but nothing extreme. Ken, depending on the angle, can look okay or totally bizarre. (His short haired alt is troubling.)

P.S. I'd love T. Hawk in SFV, contingent that he gets a makeover that brings him out of G.I. Joe territory. There are many, many stylish and appealing ways they could convey his heritage and personality besides the denim on denim 80s bonanza.

guile looks fine to me. the only thing i dislike about him is how his premium looks like a straitjacket on char. select. his facial expression and the clipping, like he was forced to wear that costume and wants to break out of it.

that's why i haven't bought it yet.

Sigmaah

I played smug and arturo yesterday lost to both 2-1 but damn I'm managing to take a game I'm hype af son. I wish I could play them in person so I could ask when I can and can't press buttons. That was my biggest issue from what I could tell.

Grifter

Double dipped on PC version, turned v-sync off since I have freesync, and I seem early on my links. Do you PCers leave v-sync on for consistency?

- J - D -

Nah, Guile has that thousand yard stare, good costumes and he is one of the few characters in the game that actually has decent hair. He isn't on Ken or Alex's levels. It isn't all bad, though. I think Alex has got the best animations out of the whole DLC cast. He has so many specials, such faithfully recreated moves and a very meaty (even if shitty in the damage department) looking critical art. Too bad he is kinda weak, uglier than a black friday crowd in front of a walmart and his wakeup game is literally on par with Vega's which wouldn't be so bad if he were actually good like Vega.

I like how Guile looks. He has seen some shit.

Guile looks fine IMO. (I think the harshness of some of his facial features fits his military persona perfectly.) Alex's face/hair needs a bit of work, but nothing extreme. Ken, depending on the angle, can look okay or totally bizarre. (His short haired alt is troubling.)

P.S. I'd love T. Hawk in SFV, contingent that he gets a makeover that brings him out of G.I. Joe territory. There are many, many stylish and appealing ways they could convey his heritage and personality besides the denim on denim 80s bonanza.

guile looks fine to me. the only thing i dislike about him is how his premium looks like a straitjacket on char. select. his facial expression and the clipping, like he was forced to wear that costume and wants to break out of it.

that's why i haven't bought it yet.

Guile looks amazing.

I prefer his look in SFIV. The lack of eyebrows were okay up to that point because all the games were cartoony enough that it wasn't really an issue. Now he just looks like he's getting closer and closer to cult actor Michael John Berryman.

JayEH

Double dipped on PC version, turned v-sync off since I have freesync, and I seem early on my links. Do you PCers leave v-sync on for consistency?

If you turn off v sync you'll have less input lag so that's most likely your problem.

I prefer his look in SFIV. The lack of eyebrows were okay up to that point because all the games were cartoony enough that it wasn't really an issue. Now he just looks like he's getting closer and closer to cult actor Michael John Berryman.

imo SF4 and SFxTK Guile is the worst looking version of him

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I tried playing with it off and it definitely made a perceptible difference, however I hate tearing and also read somewhere that it can screw up the sync between you and your opponent (no idea if that's true). I just decided to play the game as intended and got used to it.

Top Bottom