• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I think I finally gotten MM to work properly.I reinstalled the game and used MatchMaker Server Picker and set the region only to East Coast. Out of the 20+ I played last night and this morning, only 4 of them was laggy. 2 had minor roll back, 1 had 3 bars and was lagging everywhere and the other one was from Mexico who was the only one I played outside the US.

This is a huge improvement over getting matched up from people in Canada, the Caribbeans and South America 60& of the time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It mostly lowers input lag offline if you turn it off from the measurements I've seen. I think it's a bad idea to do it, but I don't know how freesync influences the whole thing to be honest.

dHdx8ALh.jpg

Note that that's a basically perfect online connection on the right with only 1 ms of delay but the input lag increased a lot already. My guess is that it'll be even higher on a normal to slow connection.
So now you have a big difference between online and offline and of course, to PS4.

molnizzle

Yep, thus why I'm wondering if players leave it on to match PS4 lag. The meetups I attend are usually PS4 so that's probably a good idea in my case.

I leave Vsync on for this very reason. Any tournament you might enter is gonna be played on a PS4 so you want to match that experience as much as possible.

Skilletor

I think I finally gotten MM to work properly.I reinstalled the game and used MatchMaker Server Picker and set the region only to East Coast. Out of the 20+ I played last night and this morning, only 4 of them was laggy. 2 had minor roll back, 1 had 3 bars and was lagging everywhere and the other one was from Mexico who was the only one I played outside the US.

This is a huge improvement over getting matched up from people in Canada, the Caribbeans and South America 60& of the time.

Man, I genuinely hope you have a better experience if that works. :)

The Matchmaking is indeed fucked for quite some people though.

For me,it should prioritize people from the Middle East then South East Asia then Europe then everyone else.

Yet it just matches me up with Japanese players for some weird reason, which is definitely over 200ms ping on average.

Grifter

I tried playing with it off and it definitely made a perceptible difference, however I hate tearing and also read somewhere that it can screw up the sync between you and your opponent (no idea if that's true). I just decided to play the game as intended and got used to it.

It mostly lowers input lag offline if you turn it off from the measurements I've seen. I think it's a bad idea to do it, but I don't know how freesync influences the whole thing to be honest.

Note that that's a basically perfect online connection on the right with only 1 ms of delay but the input lag increased a lot already. My guess is that it'll be even higher on a normal to slow connection.
So now you have a big difference between online and offline and of course, to PS4.

I leave Vsync on for this very reason. Any tournament you might enter is gonna be played on a PS4 so you want to match that experience as much as possible.
Cheers. I'll turn v-sync back on as I am prepping for tournaments, but getting those extra frames sure felt good for jab-jab-dp confirms.

BTW, any must-have PC mods?
The Matchmaking is indeed fucked for quite some people though.

For me,it should prioritize people from the Middle East then South East Asia then Europe then everyone else.

Yet it just matches me up with Japanese players for some weird reason, which is definitely over 200ms ping on average.
I'm in NE-US and regularly get South Americans that initially read as 5 bars. Is there a solution for this? I'd hope that they're locals picking their flag but the games do tend to teleport.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I did at some point was to lower the pre-rendered frame setting (flip queue size on AMD). That should lower input lag while V-Sync is still turned on. I would really like for someone to measure it specifically in SFV.

The setting actually got deleted during my Win 10 Anniversary update and maybe it's my imagination, but I think it's a bit worse.

Cheers. I'll turn v-sync back on as I am prepping for tournaments, but getting those extra frames sure felt good for jab-jab-dp confirms.

BTW, any must-have PC mods?

I'm in NE-US and regularly get South Americans that initially read as 5 bars. Is there a solution for this? I'd hope that they're locals picking their flag but the games do tend to teleport.

Like my recent post said. Matchmaking Server Picker might actually fix the issue. You can find it at GamesBanana.It uses outbound rule from the firewall to block any connections you don't want. I do not know if it works on console.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Guile is really ugly. That's mainly why I'm not using his younger alt appearance. At least with the default outfit his horrific browline is somewhat hidden by the sunglasses.

Guile looks in pain on the vs screen. Not to mention that whenever physics affect his hair it looks like his skull is dented.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I beat three different Mikas in a row. I should probably retire forever since I've used up all luck in one sitting.

Mr. X

I hope the DLC character balance isn't a sign of where they plan to have all characters at. Alex is good but the rest feel underpowered. It would be boring if that's where they want the whole roster to be.

JayEH

I hope the DLC character balance isn't a sign of where they plan to have all characters at. Alex is good but the rest feel underpowered. It would be boring if that's where they want the whole roster to be.

I hope they also don't follow the pattern next year of making the DLC characters seemingly weaker than the rest of the cast. I would rather them release all the characters at once with the balance update ala SSFIV.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Last night I fought two different Mexican Ryus in 15 minutes. And I fought at least one the night before. Maybe Zombegoast cursed us.

"Alex" and "boring" don't belong in the same post.

This guy is a blast to play in this game. Even more fun than in his original game.

Alex is awesome. Fun to play. I think the character model looks good as well (and animates good). His hair is shitty though. They gotta fix that, haha. And his other 2 outfits are shit (to me). Give him better alts capcom, good lord.

For Guile, I actually like his younger look with the camos. I actually think the one with the sunglasses/rolled up sleeves looks stupid. The flight outfit is alright.

I wish he had a sweet anime intro where a jet flew by and he jumped out with the flight suit, then round starts. And the jet crashes in the background somewhere.

Mizerman

Alex is awesome. Fun to play. I think the character model looks good as well (and animates good). His hair is shitty though. They gotta fix that, haha. And his other 2 outfits are shit (to me). Give him better alts capcom, good lord.

I think we're supposed to be getting an alt that's basically his original look sometime down the road. Same with Ibuki.

I wish he had a sweet anime intro where a jet flew by and he jumped out with the flight suit, then round starts. And the jet crashes in the background somewhere.

Now I wish that happened.

Whales

Banned
anyone up for a lobby?

been awhile since I played

cfn whales

EDIT: just realized I was in training mode while offline, if anyone sent me an invite plz resend sorry ;-;

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've watched so many matches where Dhalsims look helpless, but I just can't beat them. His teleport is always out of range of everything. I get them into the corner, lose about a third of my life in the meantime and then what? He has so many ways to get out again.
I need to play a first to 100 with a good one or something.

edit: It's the air teleport specifically. You can't jump away from it either, cause he auto-corrects and will hit you out of the air no matter how high or low you are. Sometime you can jab him out of it...wow!

edit: It's the air teleport specifically. You can't jump away from it either, cause he auto-corrects and will hit you out of the air no matter how high or low you are. Sometime you can jab him out of it...wow!

With vega I could just jump backwards LK every time I saw a teleport startup.

mbpm1

I've watched so many matches where Dhalsims look helpless, but I just can't beat them. His teleport is always out of range of everything. I get them into the corner, lose about a third of my life in the meantime and then what? He has so many ways to get out again.

the jab is your time to start pressure.

Zapages

It's only on Saturday, right? I was thisclose to going but my son wanted to go to the Mario Kart tournament on Sunday instead with his friends, and I was only going to pay for one day. Last year I went and didn't realize they would have fighting game freeplay for pretty much everything. I'm going to bring my HRAP with me on Sunday at least so my Karin can finally get offline comp.

Its both Saturday and Sunday from what I can tell.

mbpm1

Juri vs Nash is a fun matchup. They can counter each other's tools well, but those counters are more reads than reflexes and the options are pretty varied so it's a bit more of the wheelhouse of options.

Never! I absolutely love Alex, but 3S Alex just had so much. Plus Stun Gun Headbutt!

I was still hoping for that to be his V-Trigger. :'(
His stomp and standing heavy punch were so much better that it is crazy. You could literally split his 3S stomp's crossup, air hitbox and tracking properties between his current stomp/stun gun and they would still significantly buff both specials (not in a game breaking way, mind you). I could personally live without crossup stomps, though. The real hope lies with better tracking for stun gun and an air hitbox for stomps in their EX versions.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Its both Saturday and Sunday from what I can tell.

Oh snap! Well, guess I will see tomorrow. Hopefully I can do some KoF14 casual sets as well. I haven't been able to really play at all since my son is always on the PS4 rocking Overwatch. Hope we get a Steam version soon.

Don't need anything fancy to consistently beat instant-air teleports: on-reaction jabs or other fast normals will reliably do the trick. Listening to the audio cue will help since it has such a sharp sound to it. All of his escapes are unsafe, especially when you stay grounded: teleport leaves him vulnerable for a long time, slides can be punished or V-Reversal'd by most characters if he cancels it into his V-Trigger and Yoga Drill has blatant downsides too in this context. In other words: don't give him space to manoeuvre through by randomly jumping on him and keep it limited to knockdowns or point-blank neutral jump shenanigans if you're mixing him up throws, frametraps et cetera up close.

Top Bottom