• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

CFN HeebyGB if anybody wants to play. Got my handwarming station all ready to go and I'm fenced off from all the fans so I can get the correct amount of practice and win the qualifier tomorrow.

Producer

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216491470]CFN HeebyGB if anybody wants to play. Got my handwarming station all ready to go and I'm fenced off from all the fans so I can get the correct amount of practice and win the qualifier tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I can play for a bit if you'd like. Cfn 765production. Im im the west coast

fresquito

I'm assuming that's the PC version cause that motion blur looks gorgeous

Hope they add it back in if they do a PS4-Pro patch :(
Yeah, PC version.

Thanks to all people cheering this video, I didn't want to show how good I am or anything like that, but it's one of those moments when you feel you did good. Ryu tilted super hard here and also showed a lack of matchup knowledge in my parry. I shared this somewhere else and most comments were negative (like votes in the video are). Some people are too entitled, I guess.

Either you are Infiltration or don't dare to share your good plays.

I dunno how I got hit while you did that cmk into ex legs, I was just holding down back and taking all the throws

rip

edit holy shit there is no justice in the world :-(

Ggs GB, i gotta head out.

Lol i know what you mean, some times i was sure i was blocking and still got hit. Nash too fast

This made me so salty:

qxBgKG.gif

I just wanted to get rewarded for the hard read :-(

K.Sabot

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216496255]This made me so salty:

qxBgKG.gif

I just wanted to get rewarded for the hard read :-([/QUOTE]

tbh you completely whiffed your air throw, while the chun whiffed her air throw through your hitbox.

if justice would prevail, the chun would actually win that lol

Lol yeah, that was funny.

I'm saying, jump back OS is pretty much unpunishable online haha
Oh I have real punishes but I just wanted to go to for the gotcha

I need to test my anti-sim option select for air throw techs, probably works the same. Input throw -> mk scythe
tbh you completely whiffed your air throw, while the chun whiffed her air throw through your hitbox.

if justice would prevail, the chun would actually win that lol

Yeah I failed to account for the fact that I'm pretty plus after the dash and jumped too early.

Honestly I think there should be air throw techs if both characters have air throws, that'd be sweet.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216496750]Honestly I think there should be air throw techs if both characters have air throws, that'd be sweet.[/QUOTE]If Nash and Guile get an air throw tech, both of them should say "Predictable" in a mocking voice at the same time.

K.Sabot

watching first video:

-replace cr.mp / cr.mk > tatsu in neutral with cr.mp / cr.mk > fireball. You lost most your damage to this and yolo DPs.
-yolo dp as a mixup tool lost you first round in the 1st game, he baited a bunch of your DPs when you were on defense which lost you the second round in the 1st game.
-raw vtrigger in neutral is a waste / dangerous. you should be confirming cr.mk / cr.mp fireball into it for large damage.
-you teched 0 throws (1 situation was untechable as you whiffed fake thunder kick right into a throw)
- a thing you're doing a lot is st.mk into cr.hk in neutral which will get you murdered eventually after they catch on, st.mk is actually negative on block anyways, so I'd say try and replace it wholesale with cr.mp.

Mindset wise it feels like you're playing a 1 player game, you're trying to execute your gameplan despite what the opponent is doing, this shows in how many scramble situations you ended up in. stuff like the opponent whiffing a dp in front of you, but because you planned on doing an overhead, you did an overhead and wasted an opportunity to punish big if you were playing reactively as opposed to proactively. Eliminating this comes down to spending more time with your character so you don't have to always think about what you're supposed to be doing with your own character all the time, instead being able to clear your mental stack to just one or two things you're looking out for in neutral at a time.

Sigmaah

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216491470]CFN HeebyGB if anybody wants to play. Got my handwarming station all ready to go and I'm fenced off from all the fans so I can get the correct amount of practice and win the qualifier tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

U still tryna play?

Yeah, PC version.

Thanks to all people cheering this video, I didn't want to show how good I am or anything like that, but it's one of those moments when you feel you did good. Ryu tilted super hard here and also showed a lack of matchup knowledge in my parry. I shared this somewhere else and most comments were negative (like votes in the video are). Some people are too entitled, I guess.

Either you are Infiltration or don't dare to share your good plays.

shit was legit

My friend plays Chun Li and bitches too me about how much damage Zangief does, he doesn't realize how hard it is just to win a round again god mode normals she got..

Sigmaah

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216506236]Chun Li's normals are objectively busted. Why's a slide gotta beat low punishes?[/QUOTE]

Would you like to play sir?

Zackat

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216517378]Her V-trigger only lasts 95 seconds so if you can wait it out you can avoid the 80% comeback.[/QUOTE]

I knew it. She had a flaw all along.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The odd things people say. Nash wins half the cpt events and its 'well hes not as good as the toppest of top tiers'. 'Chun is good? How many majors has she won'. Same song and dance as Vanilla 4 Sagat.

Chun's biggest flaw is her St.Hp and St.lk is too good. She's the only non grappler charecter besides Vega who has good ground game. And you need good reads to punish her overhead because it's safe on block/whiff.

mbpm1

The moment when you know your opponent's button timing well enough to stuff them preemptively in startup or recovery

Too good

Producer

Chun's biggest flaw is her St.Hp and St.lk is too good. She's the only non grappler charecter besides Vega who has good ground game. And you need good reads to punish her overhead because it's safe on block/whiff.

Her overhead is very slow. She loses her turn after its blocked unless its space well.

Chun-Li's overhead is perhaps the easiest to block in this game. It has such a weird and unique animation that it's easy to detect.

Stuff like Alex and Guile's Overhead are more difficult to block on reaction though.

Vice

Most of the crowd has a good ground game. Cammy, Ryu, Karin, Guile, Balrog and Fang especially.

A change to air lightning legs hitbox/hurtbox would make most matces feel more fair. Maybe a slight damage nerf to sbk.

Top Bottom