• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

The only person who needs a buff is the announcer. He's so freaking boring especially compared to past SF announcers.

Tripon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216574116]Vote in this thread: am I gonna win the NA qualifier[/QUOTE]
Did you even register? The draw in is a hour before the tournament.

classic wolfkrone

kjhlkjq1kuv.png

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216569659]...so remove DPs altogether?[/QUOTE]

No, they just have a smaller reversal window but EX DP remains the same. I never seen a Ryu player EX DP outside of a combo and give them no reason to if M.DP blows through everything.including fireballs.

Tripon

No, they just have a smaller reversal window but EX DP remains the same. I never seen a Ryu use an his EX DP outside of combos and give them no reason to if M.DP blows through everything.including fireballs.

You haven't played me.

Wake up EX DP for days, son.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Waking up with an EX DP when you already have a meterless invincible reversal is about the intimidation factor.

If Ryu tries to throw a meaty denjin fireball on your wakeup from within sweep range or so, Ken's EX DP does the trick. That situation has only come up once for me, though. Most Ryu's know better, I think.

- J - D -

Nothing quite like seeing my EX dive kick get stuffed by chun's st. light kick. I'm sure other character's st.lp would done the same. It's hilarious and a little sad.

mbpm1

If we're doing SFV changes

make cr. mk's great again

buff their range and frames on block for some chars so checks to lows are a bit better

Also give Juri's fireball full screen distance

das it

In terms of realistic character changes, I wanna see stuff like this:

Alex:
  • Give him a real V-skill

Chun Li:
  • V-Trigger duration changed from 16 seconds to 12 seconds

Dhalsim:
  • Hurtbox decreased on cMP

FANG:
  • Poison increased from 1dmg/10frames to 1dmg/6frames

Ibuki:
  • change v-trigger to 2 bars

Ken:
  • Hitbox adjustments on air tatsu and sRH

M.Bison:
  • Psycho Axe hits overhead, startup increased to 22 frames

Nash:
  • 6LK and 6MK have airborne frames
  • CH sFP no longer links into moonsault

Ryu:
  • jLK hurtbox reduced

Vega
  • claw-on cFP hitbox improved

Zangief
  • Better invincibility on lariat
  • 2 frame command grabs

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216585538]In terms of realistic character changes, I wanna see stuff like this:
Zangief
  • 2 frame command grabs
[/QUOTE]Oh dear

This is the week, my boys.

This is the week we get more information on SFV stuff.

It won't come until the end of the week, right? And we probably won't get Urien until the final week of this month, but fuck if I'm not excited.

DD-11

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216585538]
Zangief
  • 2 frame command grabs
[/QUOTE]

As a former Russian skies pilot, I endorse this message.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216585538]In terms of realistic character changes, I wanna see stuff like this:

Alex:
  • Give him a real V-skill
[/QUOTE]
I'd settle for halving his V-skill's recovery. Just give him 4 frame powerbombs with a 30% range increase across the board. HP and EX powerbombs have barely as much range as most jabs.

Tripon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216586003]2 frame command grabs are the standard for the dedicated grappler in basically every single capcom game except sfv[/QUOTE]
1 frame command grabs are common as well.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216586003]2 frame command grabs are the standard for the dedicated grappler in basically every single capcom game except sfv[/QUOTE]
I think they didn't do this because
a) you're more inclined to block (and eat a command throw) since Crush Counters do so much damage
b) they gave him air SPD

They would need to change the frame data on so many moves if they made it 2, it will never happen.

Hyun Sai

Well, game was obviously balanced around 5, so we'd better deal with it.

SmokeMaxX

If Capcom decides SFV's season 1 DLC characters should become the baseline for this game it will be an absolutely tragic decision. I can't see myself wasting any time on a game where most of the cast is "normalized". Most AA jab/st.lk normals have to go (you can even even include Zangief and Alex here if you give their lariat and cr.HP better AA hitboxes), Nash's dash should actually be visible, some v-triggers shouldn't be nearly OP (*cough*Chun*cough*), but none of that means Capcom needs to bring a chainsaw where a surgical knife is needed instead.
I dunno about that. I think characters having every tool in the book makes the game less fun. Having clearly defined strengths and weaknesses makes the game more interesting IMO.

I dunno about that. I think characters having every tool in the book makes the game less fun. Having clearly defined strengths and weaknesses makes the game more interesting IMO.
Cammy, Vega and Karin are hardly examples of characters that have every tool. Characters like them provide a good template for what Capcom should aspire to with their DLC characters.

Solrac

guys can some one tell me how reversal ( DP ) works ? I'm mashing DP on block all the time but it never come out.. and when it does i always get a counter hit...pretty much the same with random wake up dp, i get counter hit all the time. but when i try to do the same with meaty setups after a throw or hard knockdown i always eat those random dp...

Top Bottom