• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216619135]People keep complaining about anti air jabs and it never makes any more sense. You're trading the bulk of your anti air damage for speed and a mixup. That's a fair trade. Anti air jabs do almost no damage. If you're getting hit by them enough that it's a source of frustration for you the problem is your jumping not the game.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Ryu/Necalli's should not be that good. Let them commit to the invincible DP.

I think they are kinda dumb, and I am the one doing them to people jumping on me.

Though, like I said, let people like Sim keep them.

I was apart of another Redbull article talking about the Canadian Scene

Shoutouts to SRK & Arcade Infinity

copy pasta from FGW

Also I'm trying to find a pocket character for Laura's bad MU's. I need a more defensive/control type character.

I've been messing around with Birdie/Chun/Dhalsim/Ken(who isn't defensive at all). For this game I think it's really strong to have a backup character that's as good as your main.

The way Mr. Crimson does it works out really well for him. His Dhalsim is amazing and his Laura is top 3 in the world tbh.

Du's Nash/Mika has won him tournaments as well.

im probably gonna end up using Chun tbh

No. They need to do that for Necalli's start up in his Critical Art

*whynotbothgirl.gif*

nothing sweeter than seeing him lose.

Him and Eita are the only Kens I like watching (sorta like Deshiken in 3).

No he should not. He already has 5 different AAs and his slide.

Oh my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the corner, my little lord, when the j. LKs fall a hundred feet deep and the neutral jumps comes howling out of the north.

:p

LakeEarth

Anti airs are fine as is, it's the opposite actually, they need to get rid of Necalli and Ryu's bullshit jabs, it's horrific that someone like Ryu can whiff a throw if you neutral jump on wake up and has time to jab before you fall down.

In 3rd Strike, Makoto could recover from her COMMAND THROW in time to anti-air jab / parry most characters.

Sony's conference is is 12 hours right?

I kinda doubt they're gonna waste time on DLC for a 7 month old game at their conference; especially with all the VR stuff set to launch next month, but I hope September patch news comes out of TGS one way or another.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The only way there could be SFV at Sony's conference would be a new kind of release for it. A f2p version, a VR thing or a PS4 pro update. Maybe a season 2 thing? But that would have to be too early.

Pompadour

Sony's conference is is 12 hours right?

I kinda doubt they're gonna waste time on DLC for a 7 month old game at their conference; especially with all the VR stuff set to launch next month, but I hope September patch news comes out of TGS one way or another.

The latter should happen as we are getting its release date at TGS.

Mizerman

The only way there could be SFV at Sony's conference would be a new kind of release for it. A f2p version, a VR thing or a PS4 pro update. Maybe a season 2 thing? But that would have to be too early.

Yeah, I'm guessing that they're gonna wait until the end of Capcom Cup to do that.

Gematsu said:
September 17 (YouTube)
10:00 to 10:10 – Opening Stage
10:25 to 11:05 – Street Fighter V Special Stage – Featuring Tomoaki Ayano (assistant producer) and guest Kazunoko (pro-gamer). Come see the true ability of the Capcom Tour 2015 champion! There may be some new information, too!
11:05 to 11:15 – Street Fighter V Studio Talk

Source

Seems unlikely we'll hear anything before this. Hopefully they have more new info than just Urien's release date too, like when Bison's stage and the 3S costumes will be released, and maybe something about that third CPT costume (Akuma...?).

Source

Seems unlikely we'll hear anything before this. Hopefully they have more new info than just Urien's release date too, like when Bison's stage and the 3S costumes will be released, and maybe something about that third CPT costume (Akuma...?).

At lease it's confirmation we'll get something outta TGS. Thanks for the link.

ArjanN

I don't know about at Sony's conference but there's definitely SFV stuff at TGS:

September 17
10:25 to 11:05 – Street Fighter V Special Stage – Featuring Tomoaki Ayano (assistant producer) and guest Kazunoko (pro-gamer). Come see the true ability of the Capcom Tour 2015 champion! There may be some new information, too!
11:05 to 11:15 – Street Fighter V Studio Talk

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/tokyo-game-show-2016-live-stream-schedule#eubv0YCuS0kg2MHQ.99

*Whoops, beaten*

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wait, there haven't been any hints for sf3 on PC/ps4 have there? That would be amazing.

Seconded. Would love it on Steam with crossplay. Playing again yesterday at the Video Game Con reminded me how much I still love it and how much better I am at it than SFV. Having both online on one platform would be amazing.

I'm hoping against all common sense and reason that we get a "Urien available TOMORROW!" kind of thing at TGS. Or at least "Urien available NEXT WEEK!" That could happen, right?

But what I'm really hoping for deep down is a "Urien available RIGHT NOW!" announcement.

I probably won't even play Urien much. They've just got me eating outta their hands with these character releases.

I've heard a lot of back and forth on the subject, but I'm still of the opinion that if you're tired of anti-air jabs, then you should probably jump more intelligently. Or jump less.

Stop jumping, guys.

Pompadour

I'm hoping against all common sense and reason that we get a "Urien available TOMORROW!" kind of thing at TGS. Or at least "Urien available NEXT WEEK!" That could happen, right?

But what I'm really hoping for deep down is a "Urien available RIGHT NOW!" announcement.

I probably won't even play Urien much. They've just got me eating outta their hands with these character releases.

I say it's about a 30% this week, 50% next week, 20% who the fuck knows. I expect before the last day of the month, at least.

I've heard a lot of back and forth on the subject, but I'm still of the opinion that if you're tired of anti-air jabs, then you should probably jump more intelligently. Or jump less.

Stop jumping, guys.

Is there another fighting game where the consensus is both jump-ins and anti-airs are too good?

Stop jumping, guys.

Characters with a DP, shouldn't have AA jabs, as i stated game is a damn early access game, if it had gone through the arcades, load time wouldn't be bad, and there would have been a minimum of 1 balance before we got out hands on the game..

My friend error input and still beat me, Chun Li's standing medium kick beat Zangief medium kick from the air..I can go on and on about how many different characters standing buttons I have lost too in which these moves don't have any type of vertical attack and still won, game needs a serious looking at, and real balance...

mbpm1

People used to think Anti-airs were weak in this game. People were hungering for the taste of anti-air dp fadc ultra for 400 damage, and 3 types of dp's with invincibility for three different ranges, and cr. hp's that worked and did more than 100 damage. It was Jump Fighter V for a while.

Jab tech really changed things I suppose.

histopher

Hope they also drop a hint for season 2.

I'm cool with Alex and dhalsim having their aa jabs but for like ryu and necalli and whoever else..... Shit has got to go b.

I agree. If you have a meterless DP then having an anti-air jab, especially as effective as Ryu and Necalli's is not only overkill but completely unfair. On top of that, the majority of, if not all of these characters DP's have invincible startup frames as well, if I'm not mistaken.

But with that said, I faced one of those people who put jab on turbo to try and get FM and I almost got beat by an unmanned jabbing Alex. I couldn't touch him with normals or any of my command moves at certain ranges.

Jab is overall ridiculous in this game.

Pompadour

People used to think Anti-airs were weak in this game. People were hungering for the taste of anti-air dp fadc ultra for 400 damage, and 3 types of dp's with invincibility for three different ranges, and cr. hp's that worked and did more than 100 damage. It was Jump Fighter V for a while.

Jab tech really changed things I suppose.

My opinion is that do to the high damage you can get off a jump-in and the advantageous situation you can be in if they simply block your jump-in, jumping in is better than anti-airing when the two aspects of the game are compared to one another.

However, the jab anti-air is really good and only requires the minimum amount of reaction time to execute successfully (if your character has one). Personally, I don't like AA jabs because I don't think an AA jab should even be a thing in Street Fighter (especially ones that lead to mixup situations) but they aren't a major flaw when jump-ins are so good. It's just personal preference.

However, what I'd prefer they do is remove AA jabs entirely and give just about every character a good anti-air normal that's a medium or heavy. After that I'd like a good chunk of the cast to have access to a high damaging anti-air situation. So either characters get slower, heavy anti-airs that juggle or they have access to something like an EX DP that can do good damage. Regardless of how they solve it, most of the cast needs to have an anti-air that requires decent reaction ability but isn't braindead fast as a jab. And if you read your opponent's jump, most of the cast should have something that does good damage.

Steroyd

Stop jumping, guys.

Ryu and Necalli specifically who have meterless invincible DP's, should not have an anti air jab, and if either characters cross under and you don't block the right direction that's 30% of you health gone from jumping in once succumbing to a jab!

Characters with a DP, shouldn't have AA jabs, as i stated game is a damn early access game, if it had gone through the arcades, load time wouldn't be bad, and there would have been a minimum of 1 balance before we got out hands on the game..

Going through arcades wouldn't have changed anything about the load times, they are mostly artificial so they put them in there for a reason.

Going through arcades wouldn't have changed anything about the load times, they are mostly artificial so they put them in there for a reason.

Yes it would, because if they went arcade, they would have chosen to build there own engine like SF4, because arcade load times need to be fast...and even if they kept UE4, they would have taken their time to make sure it loaded fast too..

LakeEarth

Load times were so bad that Capcom eliminated the character selection screen for ranked/casual mode to save time. Why would they also increase loading times for no reason?

Top Bottom