• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

vulva

Sounds like Capcom's QUALITY hitbox at work. Vega somehow cross up from the front after the blocking the first hit.

I've been watching that clip and it sure looks like a crossup to me. I mean I get, you're upset you got hit by something you didn't know how to block but no need to yammer on about it so much.

Sounds like Capcom's QUALITY hitbox at work. Vega somehow cross up from the front after the blocking the first hit.

I still don't think you understand. The whole move is a crossup. All three hits. Even if you would have blocked the first two and gotten hit by the third, it still would have been a crossup.

Damn. I want to attend next year's EVO.

I'm really getting into this game.

Had anyone else recently just realized that a game has completely taken control of you? It's the craziest feeling.

JayEH

Had anyone else recently just realized that a game has completely taken control of you? It's the craziest feeling.

I want to go to at least one major next year. Don't think I could afford Vegas right now but there's plenty of stuff on the east coast I could try.

Lol, let's just say that I doubt you're alone in this sentiment.

In 2013, my friends and I swore off going to Vegas for EVO, after going 6 years in a row. We pretty much hate Vegas now, lol.

Fast forward to 2016...next thing you know, we're sitting in Mandalay Bay watching LI Joe and Infiltration walk by us in the aisle.

This is SF5.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
giphy.gif

Fix this shit Capcom
I blocked it, there was block animation and particle effect and somehow cross up after blocking the first hit.
Is your complaint about the cross up specifically or are you saying that you were holding block and for some reason it stopped blocking in the middle of the attack?

I feel like I've had the same thing happen to me where I was blocking a multi hit move and suddenly it just stopped blocking but I can't say with certainty that I was definitely holding block in a single direction the whole time.

Y'know, in retrospect I'm kind of glad they didn't lock Urien's SFIII duds behind his Critical Art. Dude's a meter monster and needs to use EX specials to optomize most of his punishes and confirms, so he's not as likely to use his CA as some characters.

Y'know, in retrospect I'm kind of glad they didn't lock Urien's SFIII duds behind his Critical Art. Dude's a meter monster and needs to use EX specials to optomize most of his punishes and confirms, so he's not as likely to use his CA as some characters.

His clothes should blow off the first time he does his V Skill. It's even the same pose as his intro in SFIII

LakeEarth

Is your complaint about the cross up specifically or are you saying that you were holding block and for some reason it stopped blocking in the middle of the attack?

I feel like I've had the same thing happen to me where I was blocking a multi hit move and suddenly it just stopped blocking but I can't say with certainty that I was definitely holding block in a single direction the whole time.

Yeah, it seems like the SFV system counts any hit of a cross-up move as a cross-up, even if you block the first hit. That's fine, I think.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just record it again with inputs and slow-motion turned on and we can really get into this one attack, Zombegoast!

Anyone tempted to pick up the digital deluxe edition on sale this week?

I have a physical copy, but feel at this point I can justifying buying it again (LOVE the game, despite it's... oddness at times) to permanently sit on the HDD.

Tik-Tok

giphy.gif

Fix this shit Capcom
I blocked it, there was block animation and particle effect and somehow cross up after blocking the first hit.

You almost certainly hit a button after the first block. Or you blocked the right way by accident and switched to try and block the other way in the middle of a multihit move. Either that or this is a consequence of rollback.
It sure looks like R Mika starts the animation of a move though.

Sigmaah

Should I be prepared for a rough time if I want to pick up Vega?

Takes a lot more work to play him vs other characters. Vega is honest af. Only thing anyone could argue that isn't honest is corner wall dive stuff but shit can easily be stopped so yeah honest AS FUCK.

As a vega main I don't think he's hard, like I said, takes more work compared to other chars but nothing rough. You're gonna have to watch out for jumpers since he doesn't really have a good AA.

If you want, we can play sometime and I can show you how I play Vega.

Should I be prepared for a rough time if I want to pick up Vega?

I've mained vega in every game he's in and even though he's wildly better than he was in SF4, you still have to be on point with him.
Also I personally feel like a player who's good at being patient and playing keep away will go far with him; vega can definitely be aggressive but it's harder imo.
His anti-airs are pretty terrible and he has no reversals whatsoever, not even his CA.

So is the maintenance Wednesday supposed to be for Urien? Or is that just simply not possibly considering that would be too good?

It's Capcom.

No way my dude.

Probably won't get him next Tuesday at the earliest, last Tuesday at the latest. At least Dailies are coming!

Top Bottom