• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What I found that Vega will always cross up if you go under him in his start up. So Vega has an unblockable. But what I don't get is why the first part of the move is not considered a cross up.

Here's what I got recreating it in training.

2ESuOXy.jpg

I got two block effects in the replay for some reason.
kCAttLh.jpg

And while I crouch after the first hit, It doesn't count as a cross up after that.
Don't you think we would've heard of Vega's unblockable by now? Come on.

And you can't really tell anything from these screenshots. Doesn't look like your last input was blocking high, but it's too chaotic to really tell.

It's never unblockable.
I have no idea what's going on in those screenshots, it needs to be a video in order to accurately check the inputs.

Ignore what I said earlier. The first two hits are overheads. While I blocked the first hit, the second came out a split second after and press down back just before blocking the second hit. It's not obvious like Karin's Special and Ryu's overhead where the two heads are a frame apart.

SSReborn

Has Smug dropped Karin in favor of Balrog? Haven't watched competitive play in a while but noticed that he has been using him a lot.

Nothing worse than a YOLO vega with the ambiguous overhead crossups. Trying to catch him as he does his best fairy impressions hopping all over the place is an annoying ordeal. I had to laugh at the SF4 Vega main in the gaming side thread complaining about Alex vs Vega. Like, I wish Alex were even 75% as good as Vega. I'm pretty sure Vega and Mika are the only characters with no wakeup reversal (Nash has teleports to get out) that can even qualify for top 8 lmao.

Nothing worse than a YOLO vega with the ambiguous overhead crossups. Trying to catch him as he does his best fairy impressions hopping all over the place is an annoying ordeal. I had to laugh at the SF4 Vega main in the gaming side thread complaining about Alex vs Vega. Like, I wish Alex were even 75% as good as Vega. I'm pretty sure Vega and Mika are the only characters with no wakeup reversal (Nash has teleports to get out) that can even qualify for top 8 lmao.

Just back jump heavy kick. And if they they do it in the corner do a neutral j.lk if it crosses up. AA normal also works OFFLINE.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216887674]Daigo and Tokido both have Ryus in the 60s and I haven't even seen someone with a level 50 character. Goddamn. The legendary color 15.[/QUOTE]
You get more experience against higher ranks. 900 XP if you beat a Diamond ranked player, I think. That's why they level faster.

What does a YOLO character mean?

Is it when a player plays a character 100% offensive?
Not necessarily offensive, just taking a lot of risks. Doing things repeatedly, pressing buttons when you both know it's not your turn to. Jumping like a fucking savage. Consistently relying on your reads to the point where you do moves that are unsafe on block, with the expectation that your read will pan out.

Some people might call Daigo's Umeshoryus YOLO moves but he doesn't just throw them out for the hell of it, he judges the risk/reward ratio and how much of a read he has on his opponent then decides whether to go through with it or not. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's doesn't.

But when you watch someone ilke Nacer play Ryu, it's so fucking YOLO. I believe I once saw him uppercut on the OPPONENT's wakeup.

Skilletor

Not necessarily offensive, just taking a lot of risks. Doing things repeatedly, pressing buttons when you both know it's not your turn to. Jumping like a fucking savage. Consistently relying on your reads to the point where you do moves that are unsafe on block, with the expectation that your read will pan out.

Some people might call Daigo's Umeshoryus YOLO moves but he doesn't just throw them out for the hell of it, he judges the risk/reward ratio and how much of a read he has on his opponent then decides whether to go through with it or not. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's doesn't.

But when you watch someone ilke Nacer play Ryu, it's so fucking YOLO. I believe I once saw him uppercut on the OPPONENT's wakeup.

I do this with Cammy. It totally mindfucks the opponent. They don't know what I'll do.

mbpm1

The Classic. I loved doing it in SFIV on the read that they would DP, bc Ken's MP DP had more invincibility than other characters and i would win. I do it sometimes still in SFV, but it really makes no sense to do so in this game with the crush counter punishes you can get.

I do this with Cammy. It totally mindfucks the opponent. They don't know what I'll do.

The Classic. I loved doing it in SFIV on the read that they would DP, bc Ken's MP DP had more invincibility than other characters and i would win. I do it sometimes still in SFV, but it really makes no sense to do so in this game with the crush counter punishes you can get.
Truly is one of the most soul-crushing things one can do in Fighting Games.

Don't forget whiff throw, then DP as your opponent is late to punish

But you can blame that on the 8f though. At least in this game.

Plus that stuff is aggravating sure, but it's not earth shattering like the DP on your wakeup. That move is the absolute purest of reads.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
EX Ressenha after a blocked shoulder works like 80% of the time.

Turn -2 into +3 with this simple trick.

At least you can punish that move consistently enough. I don't even know with Kens who just do st. hk > DP

Anything can be a DP-trap with Ken. Even DPs.

I once saw a Ken on Alex Valle's stream, do a light DP then follow up with a medium DP. And it freaking worked, Valle couldn't punish it consistently.

V-Trigger was activated when he did that btw.

Skilletor

Anything can be a DP-trap with Ken. Even DPs.

I once saw a Ken on Alex Valle's stream, do a light DP then follow up with a medium DP. And it freaking worked, Valle couldn't punish it consistently.

V-Trigger was activated when he did that btw.

Yeah, vtrig lp srk feels like some hyper fighting ish sometimes, especially online.

Top Bottom