• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
GGS milk, for someone who hasnt played in months you'Re pretty good dude

but please stop jumping and stop pressing buttons on wakeup lol

Durden77

Yeah the price is a travesty. Even more sad I'd that I'm still considering buying it for the colors. I'll forever be paranoid about missing out on DLC after failing to get Jill and the awesome alts in MvC3.

I bought it. Fuck it. It's really sad because I want more people to buy it, but it's absolutely over priced.

However I've only bought 3 games this year, this being one of them, and I'll play it forever. Really don't feel bad about dumping some money into it. I just wish they would not make people that want to help the community out feel like they're being taken advantage of so it would be easier to recommend.

The stage is awesome.

FluxWaveZ

I hate birdie with a passion

I have no idea where his hitboxes are

What gets me is his stupid ass way of back recovering. Never looks right and I often hesitate when it comes to setting up a proper meaty setup.

I need to choose him as a training dummy and practice it out.

How is this weird? I haven't owned a console since PS3, I'm fairly out of touch with the console world

Picking up a ps4 slim on Thursday and debating double dipping

It's a fighting game though, only an extreme minority of them run at lower than 60, even going back 20 years.

adamy

Banned
It's a fighting game though, only an extreme minority of them run at lower than 60, even going back 20 years.
Last sf I played is third strike which doesn't seem as demanding as sf 4 and 5

Picked up 5 on pc recently but haven't gotten into it cuz tv connected to PC is always being used

Gonna pick up the ps4 Thursday and hope to put some serious time in it

Crazy how dif the mechanics seem to be since 3rd strike

Going to take some getting used to but I'm sure I'll figure it out

What do you mean by demanding? mechanics wise?
Cause I'd consider 3s way more technical compared to SF5 or even SF4, SF5 is the easiest to play since sf2 imo.

Just record it again with inputs and slow-motion turned on and we can really get into this one attack, Zombegoast!

What I found that Vega will always cross up if you go under him in his start up. So Vega has an unblockable. But what I don't get is why the first part of the move is not considered a cross up.

Here's what I got recreating it in training.

2ESuOXy.jpg

I got two block effects in the replay for some reason.
kCAttLh.jpg

And while I crouch after the first hit, It doesn't count as a cross up after that.

It's never unblockable.
I have no idea what's going on in those screenshots, it needs to be a video in order to accurately check the inputs.

adamy

Banned
so as someone just getting into sf5 and sf in general, whats the best use of my time at start to improve?

just keep replaying training until I can consistently pull off all the combos listed?

haven't fucked around with too many characters, but I'm loving r mika. she aight to focus on for a newbie? really only plan on maining 1 character

so as someone just getting into sf5 and sf in general, whats the best use of my time at start to improve?

just keep replaying training until I can consistently pull off all the combos listed?

haven't fucked around with too many characters, but I'm loving r mika. she aight to focus on for a newbie? really only plan on maining 1 character

Start off in training mode to practice your moves and then play some causal matches to practice your moves under pressure, every day.

mbpm1

A lot would say that Mika is anti-fundamentals, i.e. you'll be learning how to guess more than play the ground game.

But I think if you don't enjoy a character you wouldn't be inclined to learn so pick who you like most.

But on the other hand you should mess with all the characters to get a feel for them. Don't want to short change yourself of a possibly cool character.

For practice, I'd say it's less about combos and more about learning general things like which buttons are good where, which times I should be pressing buttons, etc.

You should definitely still learn the combos, but playing the game with people around your level would be how you would learn mostly.

adamy

Banned
A lot would say that Mika is anti-fundamentals, i.e. you'll be learning how to guess more than play the ground game.

But I think if you don't enjoy a character you wouldn't be inclined to learn so pick who you like most.

But on the other hand you should mess with all the characters to get a feel for them. Don't want to short change yourself of a possibly cool character.

For practice, I'd say it's less about combos and more about learning general things like which buttons are good where, which times I should be pressing buttons, etc.

You should definitely still learn the combos, but playing the game with people around your level would be how you would learn mostly.

is the matchmaking pretty decent? can I rely on them to pair me up with noobs like me?

Do that, and make sure to do it on both sides. You don't want to get into the situation which you can pull off a combo easily but only on the left side. That's the worst.

What region are you? Maybe one of us can practice with you every now and then.

mbpm1

is the matchmaking pretty decent? can I rely on them to pair me up with noobs like me?

It's been fixed so that it should be putting you with people around your rank and no more than one rank above.

Connection quality is a mixed bag unless you set your Battle Settings to "Ask" though.

adamy

Banned
Do that, and make sure to do it on both sides. You don't want to get into the situation which you can pull off a combo easily but only on the left side. That's the worst.

What region are you? Maybe one of us can practice with you every now and then.

California

I think it's the best matchmaking I've played in a fighting game.

That could just be because of the simplicity in the gameplay though, and most of my experience playing fighting games online before this was Arcsys' games. Those were a rough time.

Also make sure to have the connection quality be "5 only" and set the other thing to "Ask" instead of "Automatic"

California

Same here dude, we should do a match sometime.

I'm only a bronze/super bronze Mika player, so I can't be too hard lol

This is really important, it's not really about the combos as much as it's about reading the mind of your opponent.

Unfortunately though, SFV doesn't have a good enough tutorial to help you with those basics. But I'm sure there's some really good series on youtube you could watch about fighting game fundamentals, not that I know of any.

mbpm1

Fought my first really, really, good Rashid.

I didn't even know how to counter the angles of shit he was throwing at me. He was doing stuff I've never seen before. It was pretty awesome.

adamy

Banned
I think it's the best matchmaking I've played in a fighting game.

That could just be because of the simplicity in the gameplay though, and most of my experience playing fighting games online before this was Arcsys' games. Those were a rough time.

Also make sure to have the connection quality be "5 only" and set the other thing to "Ask" instead of "Automatic"

Same here dude, we should do a match sometime.

I'm only a bronze/super bronze Mika player, so I can't be too hard lol

This is really important, it's not really about the combos as much as it's about reading the mind of your opponent.

Unfortunately though, SFV doesn't have a good enough tutorial to help you with those basics. But I'm sure there's some really good series on youtube you could watch about fighting game fundamentals, not that I know of any.

aight thanks for the advice bro

I'll hit you up once I pick up my ps4

Fought my first really, really, good Rashid.

I didn't even know how to counter the angles of shit he was throwing at me. He was doing stuff I've never seen before. Cool stuff too.

I really want to learn Rashid. Every time I fight him in ranked, I get super hyped.

RASHIDOOOOOOO

But last time I tried to learn a new character, I kind of gave up.

I've been with Mika too long.

mbpm1

I really want to learn Rashid. Every time I fight him in ranked, I get super hyped.

RASHIDOOOOOOO

But last time I tried to learn a new character, I kind of gave up.

I've been with Mika too long.

I'm still pretty hype I almost took a round from him near the end. In the right hands, a crazy character.

I used to have the opposite problem. I would pick up a ton of characters but never commit.

I got Juri now though, so I'm good at last.

I'm still pretty hype I almost took a round from him near the end. In the right hands, a crazy character.

I used to have the opposite problem. I would pick up a ton of characters but never commit.

I committed too hard, now I can't let go.

:lol

How's that working out for you? She brings me nothing but misery. Maybe I should play against you sometime, so I can see how another Juri plays. I feel like I'm just missing something.

mbpm1

How's that working out for you? She brings me nothing but misery. Maybe I should play against you sometime, so I can see how another Juri plays. I feel like I'm just missing something.

I enjoy her a lot. It feels like she has options for a lot of situations even if they're not always the best options. Neutral with her is pretty fun for me, which I felt was a point SFIV had over SFV.

Yeah, that'd be cool sometime. Juri mirror matches are fun

Top Bottom