• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Ryu is god mode, best character in the game, he has no faults, if he's not great at something he good at it, his lowest rating is good...it's like this...

Damage is great..
Normals are good..
Defense is very good...
Makes me wonder why three of them rage quitted on me last night when they've got all they could ever need to win a match.
o_O

He has a whole bunch of stuff to him, and one of the largest movelists. My favourite adaption of the DLC characters so far
Having a lot of moves doesn't mean much if they're not effective. Look at Ryu for a character with a ton of tools that actually work well.
DDT was trash in Third strike, a blockable slow throw..wow
You must mean ducked. If you crouch his spiral DDT completely whiffs. I got a surprising amount of mileage out of it in fightcade 3S, though. I prefer it to power bomb because spiral DDT at least gives him some forward momentum. A couple of mp+mk and st.HPs and people will eventually normal block which gives you a good chance to get a spiral DDT in as well. You'd be surprised by how often it works.
I thought his DDT should just be his V-Reversal.
I thought so as well, but he needs it for more forward momentum imo.
With an amazing dash, tatsu, jumping lk, fireball, parry, uppercut and good normals, he's much less predictable than most of the rest of the cast. Not sure what you're talking about.
Yeah, fighting Ryu or Ken is an exhausting experience since you never know what they've got in store for you. Every crossup is a possible parry or DP and every touch is a 35% combo.

eesh
almost cost as much as the season pass

c a p c o m p l s
Capcpom going for the jugular. I'm glad I'm not buying the DLC.
We don't know if those people only bought 1 or 2 costumes for just the characters they're using, but would normally have bought many more if the pricing weren't so high. A lot of people seem to acknowledge that the pricing is ridiculous, but shrug, cave, and pick up one for their main.

Capcom seems to be doubling down on gouging fans who only pick up a few as opposed to making it actually reasonable for those who like to purchase them for a bunch of characters or the whole cast. It's debatable which would make them more money in the long run, but the former seems much, much less customer friendly.

They're pricing me right out of this game, and I love alternate outfits and had no problem buying all the Ultra sets. There's no good justification for a 4x price increase.
Yeah, I'm pretty much sticking with Beach Karin and classic Alex when he comes out. Their DLC plan is way too expensive for most gamers.
1) Chun Li and Mika summer costumes releasing today!

2) Survival Mode Colors will be put on sale in the future.
No way I'm paying for those, Capcom. Fix that broken survival mode instead.
2BOCWl9.gif
so instead of fixing shitty survival mode they will just sell them instead. blech
The mode they need to fix most, too. It's completely useless, but it could be so much better and add more replay value.
The top 5 most played doesn't surprise me one bit. The bottom five perfectly reflects what people were thinking back when Sim and Zangief were revealed. I'm laughing at the early posts suggesting that Ibuki would get less play than Balrog. Even fucking french fry hair Alex is beating these bums. This is sad lol.
Karin outfit
Cammy outfit
Karin's beach

Top 3 money items
TBF Karin's beach alt and beach stage are the best DLC added to this game so far and that includes the character DLC. Capcom needs to put out some classic alts and SF3 stages already.
I'll finally be able to use Alex without vomiting.
We're almost there, brother. Soon we won't get a faint whiff of Mickey D's whenever we pick Alex.
CnbFZjZUsAEn6AY.jpg

Quoting this for new page courtesy of Redx508
Sorta cool, but I hope I can mostly use him without his jacket. They better go the extra mile and fix up his face/hair while they're at it. Ken got it good compared to Alex. Easily the worst transition from old to new in the entire cast so far.
They should give Season Pass holders the Jacket Alex costume free for what ever the fuck that abysmal one that came with the SP is as an apology for it
YES

This guy gets it.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NtntXRv.jpg[/img]

$10 for a stage? Are you fucking kidding me?
Capcom gonna squeeze blood from a stone if they have to, I guess. Can't believe some people will actually pay for the stage on it's own haha.
She told me "shut the fuck up, who cares, it's fucking 20 bucks, shut up TheSpoiler". I told her how stupid it was, and she smiled and clicked bought. With my credit card.
So this is what a irl 9-1 matchup looks like.

:()

Hang in there. You can pay her back by buying expensive Tekken 7 DLC
Looks pretty, but not ten dollars worth of pretty.
According to SteamSpy the PC version has sold less than 200k copies so... :/
Launching the PC version at the same time as the console version was a mistake. The launch issues with the servers KILLED user review scores. Now anyone looking at this game will always see the abysmal percentages on the steam store page and think the game is downright broken. :/
So according to Combofiend, he's using those win/lose statistics as proof that the game is balanced and that no characters require any major tweaking.

okay bruh
This is the worst. Alex, Fang, Rashid (I wouldn't mind him staying crap, though) and Gief all need help. Cammy, Guile and Laura need a little, but not quite as much.
yup. 1 round mod doesn't work anymore.

Dunno about anything else.
Guess I'm stuck with colors 1-6 from now on. I don't think I'll ever be able to beat hard survival mode even with my mains. This is messed up considering I've beaten gold/platinum players and completed all the combo trials with the launch cast, Alex and Guile.
Now you're going to have colours 1-6 available to you, and you're going to have to live with it.

Until colour purchasing is a thing.
Nope

Not happening

No way
Guile is legit underrated and underplayed
Not to mention not fun to fight lol. Most Guiles just turtle, but I get that it's part of his game plan.

Neoxon

I bought Cammy's costume because I had the money in my wallet... I will probably buy the pass despite being a shitty value. I'm part of the problem.
We both are, man. But to my defense, my set-up is used for locals. I'm still trying to unlock the colors the legit way.

Alchemist

I bought Cammy's costume because I had the money in my wallet... I will probably buy the pass despite being a shitty value. I'm part of the problem.

I had a gift card I've been sitting on for months. Only bought the costumes because the colors look ugly to me and the titles don't interest me.

Xeteh

We both are, man. But to my defense, my set-up is used for locals. I'm still trying to unlock the colors the legit way.

Man... that is a legit excuse... I hate you for it.

I had a gift card I've been sitting on for months. Only bought the costumes because the colors look ugly to me and the titles don't interest me.

I love me some Cammy, but I had like $9 in my PSN wallet from when I threw money at Capcom for the battle costumes... I figured I'd hold on to it until Juri came out so I could buy whatever premium costume they'd launch for her...

Cammy's CPT costume is so good, now I have like .... 2.99 in my PSN wallet. :(

Ploid 3.0

Please tell me they didn't break all mods. I read some color mods are broken, and apparently some Birdy and Ken costume mods?

Fitness Chun would make me learn to play her. I would like it to replace the cop uniform. If someone could give her the SF Alpha costume that would be awesome!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Please tell me they didn't break all mods. I read some color mods are broken, and apparently some Birdy and Ken costume mods?

Capcom apparently redid the way that colors are handled (due to the new color additions?), so a lot of cosmetic mods that messed with colors are screwed up now.

I just beat this Ultra Gold Necalli 2-0 with a dash in LK tatsu > Super in the 1st match and then when we were at full screen I V triggered when he was doing seismo and hit him with a full screen Denjin(he was still in his recovery frames) to take the 2nd match. I feel too good right now, time to stream monster the rest of the day.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. Do reversal normals have counter hit properties in this game? Did I hear James correctly?

Zackat

I just beat this Ultra Gold Necalli 2-0 with a dash in LK tatsu > Super in the 1st match and then when we were at full screen I V triggered when he was doing seismo and hit him with a full screen Denjin(he was still in his recovery frames) to take the 2nd match. I feel too good right now, time to stream monster the rest of the day.

love doing that kind of stuff. I went on a 20 game winning streak earlier when servers came up. Felt good.

Xeteh

lmao, the screen freeze when Cammy wins the round with her CA is pretty great. Its basically her skirt covering her face so you see nothing.

love doing that kind of stuff. I went on a 20 game winning streak earlier when servers came up. Felt good.

You play Ryu as well? I guess because I'm not a fundamentally strong player I love going for gimmicks. In that 2nd match I'm pretty sure I could have landed dash in, tatsu, super again. But I purposely held back to catch him doing a seismo instead. I'm glad it worked and I won, otherwise I probably would have gotten salty from losing because I wanted a fancy finish instead.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Fitness Chun would make me learn to play her. I would like it to replace the cop uniform. If someone could give her the SF Alpha costume that would be awesome!

I can vouch that these mods still work:

Color Portrait Fix
Sunny Days Complete
Balrog Tyson
Ibuki Casual clothes

Music mods seem unaffected as well.

Sixfortyfive

Anyone want to play a set? I'll just be sitting here in Survival mode unlocking more colors for the new costumes until then, lol.

CFN: Sixfortyfive

Zackat

You play Ryu as well? I guess because I'm not a fundamentally strong player I love going for gimmicks. In that 2nd match I'm pretty sure I could have landed dash in, tatsu, super again. But I purposely held back to catch him doing a seismo instead. I'm glad it worked and I won, otherwise I probably would have gotten salty from losing because I wanted a fancy finish instead.

I play Ryu a little bit. Recently I have been playing Laura. I just meant hitting people with stuff like that in general. Ryu's CA is so good to catch people off guard with lol.
I finally get a wrestling ring stage and it looks awesome, why it gotta be 10 bucks tho. tsk tsk capcom
yeah it's too expensive, but at least it is awesome and some of it goes to the CPT pot.

I dunno if I will buy it. Probably not for a while.

Yeah it ended early.

A lot of people must have went 0-2 this year.

Edgeward

yeah it's too expensive, but at least it is awesome and some of it goes to the CPT pot.

I dunno if I will buy it. Probably not for a while.

A lot of people must have went 0-2 this year.

I might do the same down the line. I dunno, it is really impressive looking

Well, looking at pool matches today, a lot just got bullied and lost in quick sets. Helps that the game is faster and more damaging/stun so 2-3 mistakes is the end for you.

They can't even get shit they promised out the door. A lot of the stuff that's out is still broken will no fix in sight. How do you not get pissed at something like that? How do you not get pissed at basic functionality that's been in every fighting game ever? How do you not get pissed at Capcom prioritizing paid content over fixing their damn game?

I bought the game expecting a working product that I can play and enjoy. They haven't provided that.

You can't play it?

FluxWaveZ

How'd you get Balrog up to lv47 so quickly?

Well, he's my main. I guess I've just been playing a lot with him since release.

GGs, though I pretty much got demolished there. Any tips? I feel like I wasn't patient enough, though when I was, I feel like my defensive options were still lacking.

Sixfortyfive

Well, he's my main. I guess I've just been playing a lot with him since release.

GGs, though I pretty much got demolished there. Any tips? I feel like I wasn't patient enough, though when I was, I feel like my defensive options were still lacking.

Your punish rate on blocked target combo was 0%. I was keeping track.

Otherwise I couldn't point to any specific mistakes. I noticed that I jabbed my way out of a lot of V-Trigger... rekkas?... so I dunno if there's a way for you to tighten up the timing on those or just bait my ass out of it with a frame trap of sorts. Haven't checked the frame data for his stuff yet.

I know PR Balrog has been saying that match-up is AIDS, for what it's worth.

FluxWaveZ

Your punish rate on blocked target combo was 0%. I was keeping track.

Otherwise I couldn't point to any specific mistakes. I noticed that I jabbed my way out of a lot of V-Trigger... rekkas?... so I dunno if there's a way for you to tighten up the timing on those or just bait my ass out of it with a shimmy-esque punish. Haven't checked the frame data for his stuff yet.

I know PR Balrog has been saying that match-up is AIDS, for what it's worth.

Oh yeah... -5. I think I was always so scared of getting command grabbed that I froze, though now I wonder if cr.LP or st.LP (the only buttons that would punish) even reach in those circumstances.

I was screwing up the reset situation when landing the rush punch volleys. When a Balrog tries to get fancy and cancel out of V-Skill when those are being blocked, however, an opponent can answer by mashing jab, which will interrupt it 100% of the time. Basically, I wasn't using it very properly in our matches.

It's a harsh MU right now, for sure. Balrog just doesn't have any real button to keep her at bay that I found. Even st.MK would always get stuffed by her cr.HP.

Sixfortyfive

I did check Balrog's normals on the hitbox viewer when he first dropped. While his advantage on block is generally very good across his normals, the hitboxes themselves seemed to be kind of crappy. He seemed to have a much larger proportion of normals that had hurtboxes extending beyond the hitboxes compared to the rest of the cast, making him theoretically easy to counter-poke in footsies for any character who has a good disjoint or two. I generally feel that as long as I'm throwing out buttons that are hard to whiff-punish, I don't really have to worry about anything worse than a trade.

Top Bottom