• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Marvel

could never
welcome to the grappling bud club
She seems a nightmare to deal with, I'm only a silver but with one combo and mixup you get stun lol, I'm getting used to her trappy normals and vskill in the corner. My midscreen go-to is MP, MK, vtrigger, HP, EX Thunder, MK, fwrdcommand dash, command throw.

It works like 98% of the time for me atm.

She's clicking in a way others don't. Winning more now... is she cheap? lol

So I guess at this point my 3 mains would be Mika, Rashid, and Balrog. But my skill difference between Mika and the others is staggering

C'mon Season 2, bring me Dan.

LakeEarth

For me, it has been Birdie, Alex and Balrog. I think I'm best with Alex, but have been playing Balrog exclusively for months now so I can't be certain anymore.

Balrog's a ton of fun in this game. He could really use a throw range boost though.

Mine are FANG and Birdie. Sometimes I play Guile but I've given up on making him my main.

Only character that can make it to my prestigious main list now is E.Honda.

Sigmaah

Vega is my beast character and then I got balrog and Alex. These 3 I play the most. Gonna be playing Urien heavy when he's released.

Looking to learn some necalli and ryu tho so I can prepare myself for AKUMA.

I always just pick the most boring fundamental guy in the game. The Ryus and Terry Bogards of the world. Otherwise I dont feel like I'm playing Street Fighter, just some weird variation.

I also use default Shepard in Mass Effect and drink filtered water from my tap so.

Skilletor

I'm Juri/Guile exclusively right now.

Haven't used Cammy since EVO. I'll pick her up when she gets an invincible overhead cannon strike and a command grab. She sucks too bad right now.

Thought I'd give ultra a go. Haven't really played 4 in years.

Play a Hugo, first round get bodied, everything I'm doing is getting caught. Adjust for second round, easily take it.

The third round gets laggy like crazy lagtastic
f66fd3770f0a8a64c2e1f4731bae039c.png

Durden77

Would anyone have any idea why I always get "failed to upload data" notification with this game uploading the data to my PS Plus online storage? It's really annoying because we have a PS4 in the living room and my room and I play on both, and it's freaking me out thinking I'm screwing up my data whenever I download my room data to my living room when playing out there.

The last time it says my settings were saved on the PS Plus data was in February. Wtf. I have plenty of space on my online storage too.

I tried to play Ultra again too.

It just doesn't feel as good. I feel like there's no real impact on the attacks in comparison.

This is why Crush Counters is such a good addition.

Skilletor

I deleted SF4 off of every harddrive I owned when SF5 came out.

It's literally the only series of SF games I will never play again.

I still ply ST, Alpha 1-3, 3s, CvS2.

I have no desire to play or see SF4 ever again. Good. Fucking. Riddance.

Mizerman

I tried to play Ultra again too.

It just doesn't feel as good. I feel like there's no real impact on the attacks in comparison.

This is why Crush Counters is such a good addition.

Yeah, there's no way I could ever go back to SF4. It's one of the SF series that I lost my enjoyment in for the most part.

It was kind of why I was so shocked when I heard people preferring 4 in the latest "shit on SFV" thread.

Like, I heard people saying it's funner to watch than V. Like, what!?!?!

- J - D -

I never liked watching high-level SF4 play. Like Evo grand finals or similar. Very boring.

Justin Wong said V was very much an up close game and he's right. That makes it more interesting to watch and play.

I keep thinking that I should still pick up Ultra SF4 for PS4 at some point just to have it at the ready, but it's $25. :/

JayEH

It was kind of why I was so shocked when I heard people preferring 4 in the latest "shit on SFV" thread.

Like, I heard people saying it's funner to watch than V. Like, what!?!?!

They're just looking for more reasons to justify why they don't like V. IV did a lot for fighting games but it sure as hell isn't beginner friendly. FADCs, 1 frame links, option selects out the ass. Nothing about that is fun to me.

Scotia

Banned

Agreed. Probably the worst SF out of all the ones I've played (except for the original SF, fuck that game). It's not necessarily a bad game, but a lot of aspects to it make it my least liked SF (again, bar 1).

Durden77

Yeah, fuck IV. Seriously. But not really because it did a ton for the FGC and I enjoyed my time with it.

But still, fuck IV. V is immensely more enjoyable to me. I never want to play IV again.

mooncakes

I pop sf4 like once or twice every 2 weeks to play some Viper.

Nothing in sf5 is remotely close to viper play-style wise.

Alchemist

IV was cool but I had more fun watching than playing tbh

Also, thread on gaming side is hilarious.

Posts describing V as "slow" and "clunky" and complaints about the CC system smh

Agreed. Probably the worst SF out of all the ones I've played (except for the original SF, fuck that game). It's not necessarily a bad game, but a lot of aspects to it make it my least liked SF (again, bar 1).

Because you have a series of 10/10s (Gameplay-wise) and IV is a 9. It's that simple.

ShinMaruku

If your fondest memory of sf4 is because of a show where the reactions of the hosts and guests are the engaging point, that does not speak too well on the game in my view.

help me with finding the one when Gootecks says something about Ross like goth girls.

Sorry. Can't remember that one.

If your fondest memory of sf4 is because of a show where the reactions of the hosts and guests are the engaging point, that does not speak too well on the game in my view.

That was kind of the point.

I'd watch Maximillian, or Mike Ross and Gootecks, or the SuperBestFriends play any fighting game, honestly.

Top Bottom