• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was kind of why I was so shocked when I heard people preferring 4 in the latest "shit on SFV" thread.

Like, I heard people saying it's funner to watch than V. Like, what!?!?!
It's so funny to see. For 7 years people talked shit about SF4 and now it's suddenly the "I'M GOING BACK TO THAT" game.

SF down for people? Not working for me on playstation or pc.

I want to play Ken as I've been repping him for 20+ years but I can't do him in this game.
If you’re in U.S I can give you some pointers...Main Ken...

Also, anyone want to whip me back into shape tomorrow? Add me, will be play under OmniCloud probably (CFN) haven’t had my PS4 for over two weeks, miss the crap out of the game. Will be rusty.

adamy

Banned
So I posted this on gaming side but figured I'd get some input from you guys since you guys seem to know your shit:

My fightstick can't reach my couch so I just ordered some USB extension cables on Amazon

Will this cause any input lag? They're 6 ft long

Thanks in advance!

Skilletor

So I posted this on gaming side but figured I'd get some input from you guys since you guys seem to know your shit:

My fightstick can't reach my couch so I just ordered some USB extension cables on Amazon

Will this cause any input lag? They're 6 ft long

Thanks in advance!

I use extension cables all the time. I've never noticed anything, and neither have my friends that play with me (most of them competitive players).

Im grateful to SFIV for getting me into Street Fighter, but I'd rather not go back. I played Gief and hot damn was the struggle even realer than in SFV. Also fuck Seth, Rose, and Cody. Especially Seth.

Durden77

God I hate my internet. When it runs it runs fine, but every so often it just shuts the fuck off and kills my game for like 3 minutes. Just happened to me in a ranked match.

At least I won the first round so they probably don't think I rage quit.

Edgeward

I liked IV when Super Edition was out. It had a great mixture with the cast and the balance while not perfect was as close to it for me. The future iterations just killed what love I had for it. Especially Arcade edition.

mbpm1

Seems like once you get to High Gold+, the game becomes largely about situational awareness and getting deep into your opponent's mind

I mess her too, mained her in ultra; her sf5 version needs to become officially playable soon so I can stop using mods.

Fuck that garbage ass gimmicky character

I'm only mad bc I could never do her hands motion and so was never able to be the complete Decapre and dropped her

Durden77

There's something about Flash Kick that just feels better in this game than SFIV even though it's not start up invincible. I feel like I'm much better with it in this game.

Maybe it's just the new effects, or the v-skill that lets you throw out a projectile whil charging, but I love his zoning game so much in this.

Durden77

God dammit. Does quitting in a casual match go towards the RQ penalty? My bullshit internet has dropped me from 2 ranked matches but I still want to play.

SF4 can burn in hell.

Never...

i was playing some Rolento today, see this is why Arcade Mode is needed in SF5, haven't played in months, did some training in AM, on highest difficulty, then went online and won 5 of 7 matches... still some people playing primetime hours..

Durden77

Had a really good night tonight besides my internet becoming a pile of shit after a while which I'm enraged about. Fucking Comcast. Climbed back up to Super Silver after falling hard when first switching from Nash to Guile. And the way I'm going I think I'll finally hit gold soon. Just gotta stay on it and keep playing consistently, I haven't been playing nearly enough.

Now that I've really gotten the hang of Guile in V I think he is damn near perfect in this game. I really don't think he needs many buffs if any at all. He's still a zoning monster, but you have to use his v-skill very efficiently if you want to play a pure zoning game. If he gets anything other than very sloght buffs (and maybe then) he would be horrifying.

Now that I've really gotten the hang of Guile in V I think he is damn near perfect in this game. I really don't think he needs many buffs if any at all. He's still a zoning monster, but you have to use his v-skill very efficiently if you want to play a pure zoning game. If he gets anything other than very sloght buffs (and maybe then) he would be horrifying.
It would be nice if he got actual Anti Airs.

Durden77

It would be nice if he got actual Anti Airs.

??

mk Flash Kick beats every jump in. c.hp (could maybe be like 1 frame faster) and s.jab are great too. And air throw is awesome for intercepting people that jump over v-skilled booms.

My entire game is based around anti-airing with mk.Flash and c.hp as well as some air throw set ups and it works very well.

??

mk Flash Kick beats every jump in. c.hp (could maybe be like 1 frame faster) and s.jab are great too. And air throw is awesome for intercepting people that jump over v-skilled booms.

My entire game is based around anti-airing with mk.Flash and c.hp as well as some air throw set ups and it works very well.
The amount of times my flash kick just straight up traded with jump-ins just made me swear off of him, even though I enjoy playing as the character. For a character that's defense is supposed to be one of the best, he sure doesn't feel that good at it in this game.

Durden77

The amount of times my flash kick just straight up trades with jump-ins just made me swear off of him, even though I enjoy playing as the character. For a character that's defense is supposed to be one of the best, he sure doesn't feel that good at it in this game.

I dunno what you're doing but my flash kick rarley loses. The only thing I get a noticeable occasional trade with is cannon strike, and even that I beat if I'm quick enough. Even without it's invincibility I think when it comes to straight AA control (not reversals and shit) it might be the best in the game. The range or the hit box or something on it is really good in V.

It's taken me a while to wrap my head around the way to zone with him in this game but it's all making sense now, and he does feel like one of if not the best defensive characters to me. Flash kick and v-skill are god.

Had a really good night tonight besides my internet becoming a pile of shit after a while which I'm enraged about. Fucking Comcast. Climbed back up to Super Silver after falling hard when first switching from Nash to Guile. And the way I'm going I think I'll finally hit gold soon. Just gotta stay on it and keep playing consistently, I haven't been playing nearly enough.

Really need help with Guile...wanna play tonight?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Btw you ever post the source for the artificial load times? I've been looking around but haven't seen proof. It seems interesting though.
He said he tested it himself but didn't elaborate. I would also like a more detailed rationale for the frankly extraordinary claim that a dev increased load times on purpose.

Top Bottom