• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mbpm1

Uggghhhhh, this is such bs, I'm not about to do what this dude did....

...with Ibuki

WITH IBUKI!

tumblr_odmmng7lTK1qagop1o3_400.gif

Durden77

Colors 3-10 for Season Pass holders

Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders.

Confirmed DLC characters eh?????

EH????????????

I still hold out more hope that I should (which is not much) that the "super secret costume" is a new character in some form. Explaining why the Pro Tour pack is so expensive.

Confirmed DLC characters eh?????

EH????????????

I still hold out more hope that I should (which is not much) that the "super secret costume" is a new character in some form. Explaining why the Pro Tour pack is so expensive.

I thought that was a little odd too and posted about it over in the Urien thread. While I'm trying to tell myself it's nothing, it's not stopping me from imagining us getting a trailer with Bison's SF2 stage that has Akuma coming out in his special CPT costume and hitting Bison with the Raging Demon ST style.

It's very strange he didn't just say "all Season 1 DLC characters."

Alchemist

I thought that was a little odd too and posted about it over in the Urien thread. While I'm trying to tell myself it's nothing, it's not stopping me from imagining us getting a trailer with Bison's SF2 stage that has Akuma coming out in his special CPT costume and hitting Bison with the Raging Demon ST style.

That would be sick.

Pretty sure the CPT costume is for Ryu though.

If there's going to be another "DLC" character this year, it's going to be decapre.
Not Akuma or Sagat or whatever else you guys are fantasizing about lol.

That's every character with a CA and a demonstration of crazy willingness to do it

Nah, you can jump in on Nash with CA. You have to be attacked or left open to be CAed by most characters, Bison can CA you just by blocking your attack or jump in. You don't need crazy reaction speed, just block the attack and free CA.

Edzi

I can't wait for the Ryu nerfs. Casual is full of Ryus, and it's just absurd how impossible he is to fight. Why does he get massive damage off of light confirms? Feels like I'm playing SF4 again.

JayEH

I can't wait for the Ryu nerfs. Casual is full of Ryus, and it's just absurd how impossible he is to fight. Why does he get massive damage off of light confirms? Feels like I'm playing SF4 again.

why do Ryus DP at the start of the round and then after they whiff that they do another DP...

Reduce s.MP to +4 on hit, reduce MP, HP, and EX DP damage by 10. Ryu suddenly does reasonable damage and requires thought, half the Ryu mains quit the game. Season 2 cancelled.

Zukuu

Banned
After playing at launch (or more like NOT being able to play at all, 3 matches in 2 weeks), I decided to check out the game again. Actual matches work very well, but holy shit how did they still not fix lounges?! It's impossible to find a decent lounge. Why is not possible to filter for connection or at least frigging continent?! No, I don't want to play against japanese or US players as european. The flags don't load at all or only for very few other players. It's absolutely dumb. It worked in SF IV, why does it actually need to load the flags when they are saved on the profile?!

It boggles my mind how they can be so incompetent about that.

Congrats.
lol Nah, but I think it's because Ryu is so common that I don't have as much trouble with most Ryus around my skill level. I've been fighting him and playing as him since I was a kid and he hasn't really changed much.

Now throw Rashid at me and I'm like; "what is this alien life form, rushing me down??"

Producer

GGs dude, that may be so but man i struggle hard against a good Alex. And i can never block his stomp haha. I swear i hold back but im never fast enough

Palom

Oh, so Chun can do that crossup + land on the same side thing consistently. Lovely.

Yeah, in the corner her v-skill hits in the back, but lands in the front. If you hold forward as you get up and walk forward, you can block the cross-up and put her in the corner after.

Edzi

Yeah, in the corner her v-skill hits in the back, but lands in the front. If you hold forward as you get up and walk forward, you can block the cross-up and put her in the corner after.

GGs. Chun and Ryu legitimately make me hate this game. I think I'm gonna take a break.

Palom

GGs. Chun and Ryu legitimately make me hate this game. I think I'm gonna take a break.
Thanks for the games. I love fighting Alex, even when I'm getting my face pounded. Sorry it wasn't as fun for you. If I could offer some advice, Alex's jab anti-air is amazing, and I shouldn't have been able to jump in as much as I did. Also, you could have V-Reversaled my CA to prevent the chip-out damage. Overall, you look solid. Threw me off some times with the low->headbutt. Good luck!

Edzi

Thanks for the games. I love fighting Alex, even when I'm getting my face pounded. Sorry it wasn't as fun for you. If I could offer some advice, Alex's jab anti-air is amazing, and I shouldn't have been able to jump in as much as I did. Also, you could have V-Reversaled my CA to prevent the chip-out damage. Overall, you look solid. Threw me off some times with the low->headbutt. Good luck!

I actually thought I'd survive it and I was getting ready to punish. :( I had fun though, some of those matches were pretty close. Just been getting frustrated lately since I've been playing less frequently, yet when I do play I seem to get matched with tons Ryu's and Chuns, the two characters I think are legit busted (and before anyone says anything, I think Mika is annoying but intentionally designed that way, so she's a different kind of busted). Also doesn't help that I'm using Alex, but that's mostly my fault.

- J - D -

Can I mash out dp during/after Nash's cr.mp, st. mp block string?

edit: or whatever his BnB is.

edit 2: guess not his mp is +2. nvm.

edit 3: fuckin Nashes I swear to god.

I'm looking to get back into the game now that the last DLC character for this season is releasing, and things are looking a lot more complete than it did at launch, and I was wondering what you actually get included with the season pass?
The store says you get the DLC characters, a stage (I presume Guile's?) and premium costumes for the DLC characters. Is that all you get, or have they added/will they be adding more things?

I'm looking to get back into the game now that the last DLC character for this season is releasing, and things are looking a lot more complete than it did at launch, and I was wondering what you actually get included with the season pass?
The store says you get the DLC characters, a stage (I presume Guile's?) and premium costumes for the DLC characters. Is that all you get, or have they added/will they be adding more things?
you get the six characters, a premium costume for each of them and Guile's stage.

That's it and I doubt they're going to add anything else now. There's going to be another season pass next year for next year's wave of Dlc characters.

That's it and I doubt they're going to add anything else now. There's going to be another season pass next year for next year's wave of Dlc characters.

Right, thanks.
I only have around 240,000 Fight Money, and while I'm only really interested in Guile and Ibuki, I did enjoy playing Balrog and Urien casually in the older games. The season pass is on sale too, so I might as well pick it up then and save up fight money to get next years DLC.

Top Bottom