• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Right, thanks.
I only have around 240,000 Fight Money, and while I'm only really interested in Guile and Ibuki, I did enjoy playing Balrog and Urien casually in the older games. The season pass is on sale too, so I might as well pick it up then and save up fight money to get next years DLC.
Yeah, the season pass coupled with the money from offline modes and now dailies should get your more than enough for the next season.

Pompadour

you get the six characters, a premium costume for each of them and Guile's stage.

That's it and I doubt they're going to add anything else now. There's going to be another season pass next year for next year's wave of Dlc characters.

You also get free colors for the DLC characters.

Csr

After playing at launch (or more like NOT being able to play at all, 3 matches in 2 weeks), I decided to check out the game again. Actual matches work very well, but holy shit how did they still not fix lounges?! It's impossible to find a decent lounge. Why is not possible to filter for connection or at least frigging continent?! No, I don't want to play against japanese or US players as european. The flags don't load at all or only for very few other players. It's absolutely dumb. It worked in SF IV, why does it actually need to load the flags when they are saved on the profile?!

It boggles my mind how they can be so incompetent about that.

I keep having the same thoughts every time i come back to this game, how many months has it been and it is still not fixed. Ridiculous.

bumpkin

This might be a silly question, but how do you trigger the stage finishes like the bus driving off or the kitchen noodle bowl?

This might be a silly question, but how do you trigger the stage finishes like the bus driving off or the kitchen noodle bowl?

End the stage by knocking out your opponent and have them move towards the edge of the stage before falling to the ground. Every normal, 90% of special moves and some throws do this.

EDIT: Every normal, with the exception of lights.

End the stage by knocking out your opponent and have them move towards the edge of the stage before falling to the ground. Every normal, 90% of special moves and some throws do this.

no, lights don't do it, it needs to be a medium or higher, lights just makes your opponent crumple and fall face down.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, who the heck is OrangeMan? His Rashid is crazy! I beat him like 1 in 10! I’m not particularly knowledgable with the Rashid match up, but still, his frame traps can get overwhelming. Can someone (Rashid Main’s I guess) tell me what’s real and not with his frames and when it’s my go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhrCZF1ln-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48R0oJB28hU

Ranked sets with him...
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...efeated-orangemans-impressive-rashid-ect2016/

Shadoken

Can I mash out dp during/after Nash's cr.mp, st. mp block string?

edit: or whatever his BnB is.

edit 2: guess not his mp is +2. nvm.

edit 3: fuckin Nashes I swear to god.

Wait What ? Do you understand how frame data works? The +2 doesn't matter if you are mashing out a DP. In between block strings , A DP is invincible.

There is a 4f gap between Cr.MP and St.MP ( 6f startup) You can even mash a 3f jab in between , which is way safer.

But yea probably not a good idea since he can bait a DP and punish it hard.

Personally I don't use DP that much against characters with weak offense unless am 100% sure ( risk/reward just isn't worth it ). He can't really get anything much off that block string anyway so ur better off just blocking or v-reversal. Which lets you start ur offense.

Does anyone way smarter than me have some ideas about how they might change Ken in the next balance patch?

Have Ken's regular Fireball not be negative on hit/block, reducing the start up and extending Cr.MK hitbox would probably be a huge change from a shitty 3rd strike ken to slightly nerfed 3rd Strike Ken.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://youtu.be/E11zi16Iek4
Im kinda salty. I went 1-2 against this ken. I would have brought it back if his DP didnt have so much recovery. All his EX moves beat mine out. I shoulda have done the EX Fuharenkyaku but it probably get beaten.
You should have just done a real combo. What you did wasn't one, so he could mash DP inbetween.
edit: You need some simple punishes that you can execute every single time. You didn't punish his whiffed CA at all and his DPs just with sweeps.

Having lost my match in ranked, am I being honorable or stupid to agree to a rematch/runback?

I'm genuinely torn - no one else seems to have a problem snatching LP and fleeing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Having lost my match in ranked, am I being honorable or stupid to agree to a rematch/runback?

I'm genuinely torn - no one else seems to have a problem snatching LP and fleeing.
Just forget about the points and play for fun and to improve. I rematch pretty much every single time except for laggy opponents.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

How badly did you lose?

I only bail on bad connections these days, even when my gut says I'm just throwing away more points.

I've had good luck with people not running with points or with their losses, though. If I got run on more, I would probably do the same more often.

Have Ken's regular Fireball not be negative on hit/block, reducing the start up and extending Cr.MK hitbox would probably be a huge change from a shitty 3rd strike ken to slightly nerfed 3rd Strike Ken.

I would love both those changes but I don't think they'd necessarily be fair. Ken's fireball game is secondary, and once I trained myself out of using cr.mk XX fireball, I started doing a lot better.

What do you value most: improving as a player or getting points?

Therein lies your answer.

I want to play better players and hopefully get better for it. Ranked is frustrating me just now as whether I win or lose, I opt for rematches. I've been sitting waiting to get matched up so let's make the most of it, right?. However it feels like a lot of my opponents are simply taking the points from the first match then run for the hills.

I want to play better players and hopefully get better for it. Ranked is frustrating me just now as whether I win or lose, I opt for rematches. I've been sitting waiting to get matched up so let's make the most of it, right?. However it feels like a lot of my opponents are simply taking the points from the first match then run for the hills.

Try playing more casuals and Battle Lounges and head back to Ranked once you feel more confident that you can win. Ranked can get frustrating if you're losing since your points often dictate what level of players you can play against.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well my advice is: can you see yourself improve if you lose or keep the same level of consistency if you won when playing a rematch? Because I feel like theres no shame in leaving a game after getting bodied. But if it came close you can definitely run that back.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they change much about Ken anyway? I think his design is pretty good. They made him a character that's supposed to overwhelm you and they gave him really good damage. That's a fun combination.

At most they will adjust some of his frame advantage after his run and V-Trigger activation. That's the best point of balance, I think. But I wouldn't even know in which direction those changes are supposed to go.

Try playing more casuals and Battle Lounges and head back to Ranked once you feel more confident that you can win. Ranked can get frustrating if you're losing since your points often dictate what level of players you can play against.

Usually I do just that (Casual anyway), then dip into ranked when I'm warmed up and feeling good about it.

Kashiwaba

Man, who the heck is OrangeMan? His Rashid is crazy! I beat him like 1 in 10! I’m not particularly knowledgable with the Rashid match up, but still, his frame traps can get overwhelming. Can someone (Rashid Main’s I guess) tell me what’s real and not with his frames and when it’s my go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhrCZF1ln-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48R0oJB28hU

Ranked sets with him...
I main Rashid but damn this guy is on a whole different level his execution speed is amazing.

And he is
if you're Chris T

tumblr_na7hqwIdRJ1tbvx4ho1_500.png

Top Bottom