• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Vice

Is he really? what makes him as good as Ryu, Necalli, Chun-Li and Nash?
High damage output, good DP, very useful normals, good walkspeed for shinmys, one of the better divekicks in the game through EX tatsu, and while a bit gimmicky his v-skill is one of the better used ons in the game.
Fireball is decent. Can combo from a low-hitting ligt kick(I believe cr.lk> jab xx shoryu works) very high stun output and great anti-airs help as well.

Because Ryu is still better.

Yeah i wouldn't like it either but it's such a short startup for a potentially high damage combo.
You tell the truth, and the truth will set you free. Easy buffs for Ken that likely aren’t going to happen.

1) give him his 3-hit confirm back from the beta c.lk s.lp st.lk all linked in the beta
2) give him the same jumping lk as Ryu, it was a huge part of Ken’s game, now I have an almost useless high ark jumping lk where Ken looks like he’s trying to put his balls in your face.

I main Rashid but damn this guy is on a whole different level his execution speed is amazing.
It’s the only reason I even play ranked, to bump into the few Diamond players that are actually really good and don’t just play a lot. It was a very very fun set, its nothing like good SF, well maybe good VF, but thats about it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
2) give him the same jumping lk as Ryu, it was a huge part of Ken’s game, now I have an almost useless high ark jumping lk where Ken looks like he’s trying to put his balls in your face. .
Giving more characters that broken piece of a move would be the worst they could do...

- J - D -

Wait What ? Do you understand how frame data works? The +2 doesn't matter if you are mashing out a DP. In between block strings , A DP is invincible.

There is a 4f gap between Cr.MP and St.MP ( 6f startup) You can even mash a 3f jab in between , which is way safer.

But yea probably not a good idea since he can bait a DP and punish it hard.

Personally I don't use DP that much against characters with weak offense unless am 100% sure ( risk/reward just isn't worth it ). He can't really get anything much off that block string anyway so ur better off just blocking or v-reversal. Which lets you start ur offense.

I'm learning how frame data works. I decided to not mash dp. Are all DPs invincible though? I'm not sure that Ibuki's is.

- J - D -

It's a tough road, but the top is a beautiful spot. Where the salt of your enemies is abundant.

Can't wait to be at the very top! Top 8 I mean!

Don't quote Blade.

I have spent my whole life lookin' for that Ryu that killed my Ibuki, and made me what I am. And every time I take one of those monsters out, I get a little piece of that life back. So don't you tell me about not mashing dp.

tumblr_na7hqwIdRJ1tbvx4ho1_500.png

OMG

I'm learning how frame data works. I decided to not mash dp. Are all DPs invincible though? I'm not sure that Ibuki's is.

No, just ryu/ken's mp dp, necalli's hp dp, all of cammy's.
Everyone else only has one in EX (including ryu/ken/necalli/cammy).

Some have upper body invincibilty, like juri's mk pinwheel, so those will beat jump ins.

- J - D -

No, just ryu/ken's mp dp, necalli's hp dp, all of cammy's.
Everyone else only has one in EX (including ryu/ken/necalli/cammy).

Some have upper body invincibilty, like juri's mk pinwheel, so those will beat jump ins.

Ah okay. I feel like Ibuki's should have invincibility in her's without EX. You give Ryu everything but Ibuki can't have her's? bs.

Clarification from Capcom:
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/st...41155675181057
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/st...41218077958144

Costume color bundles include colors 3-10 for all characters associated with each bundle.

Example: Original Character Default Pack includes colors 3-10 for all 16 original #SFV character's default costumes.

Ah okay. I feel like Ibuki's should have invincibility in her's without EX. You give Ryu everything but Ibuki can't have her's? bs.

The haves and the have-nots...

SF is a metaphor for human society.

Season 2 balance patch will be the bloody revolution...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually played the first good Ibuki since she came out today. She's actually really scary once she gets going. And that airborne st.hk or whatever it is looks pretty amazing, too.

You laugh, but I know people who didn't fuck with frame data for months after SF games came out and did better than me. They sat in the lab and figured that shit out, and did the same with matches.

Probably takes more time, but fuck it, dudes got practice in.
I'd be one of those guys. I rarely ever look at frame data. I basically just figure shit out during matches. If the shit works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. That's the way I look at it.

Skilletor

I do this too. It's more fun this way imo.

I used to do this, but after playing games for so long it's a far less efficient way of learning and implementing something I understand.

I can spend my time practicing definite things rather than wasting time guessing.

You laugh, but I know people who didn't fuck with frame data for months after SF games came out and did better than me. They sat in the lab and figured that shit out, and did the same with matches.

Probably takes more time, but fuck it, dudes got practice in.

Haven't read frame data for SFV and don't plan too,, I learn by what is safe, what is not, and at what distance can an unsafe normal become safe...see online is another game, offline frame data is the bible, you better live by it...

Whales

Banned
if you dont read frame data then you better not complain when a rashid gets you in the corner, presses all of his buttons and makes you go "wtf when can I do something"

Femto.

if you dont read frame data then you better not complain when a rashid gets you in the corner, presses all of his buttons and makes you go "wtf when can I do something"

Thank goodness for V-reversals and godlike jabs.

Sarcasm/joking aside, being cornered by a Rashid is scary at times.

JayEH

This is when you mash DP or jab and hope for the best though. 60% of the time it works every time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally integrated the shimmy into my play. Holy crap, that wins you entire matches.

But for some reason it feels cheap to do it. Like it shouldn't work or something.

Bigg_Oggy

its so silly, like they're all either talking over each other's points or they're heistant to speak over anyone

Its okay pre/post match, but during the match it's a bit absurd.

You just made me realise that http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/ is not updating anymore. I've been wondering all weekend why nothing's on...

Not sure why eventhubs isn't updating. I only found the tournament because i follow leveluplive on twitch.

I saw half a dozen copies of SFV in a nearby ASDA (Walmart) for £17 today. It's sad to see it selling so low, but for the amount of hours I've got out of this game, buying it at that price would be an absolute bargain.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm in a weird space. I just started yesterday to play the game. Did all trials, went a bit into training mode and have a very solid understanding of the game - right from the start - much because of my past experience with fighters and Street Fighter 2 - 4 in particular. Everyone I get matched to, is rather - let's say "unexpierenced", but not just to SF V, but fighters in general, so it's pretty much a steamroll to me.

I don't want to play ranked, and getting exp in levels for casual matches is pretty slow (after all trials, level 138 or so). Am I doomed to take my chances with lounges, which are very hit and miss?

Is there anyone in europe who wanna spare a bit that isn't a total pro who will obliterate me? I'm playing Birdie and will be looking into Urien and maybe Alex in the near future.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can use casual matchmaking if you don't like ranked, but it will still use your LP (not your level) to find opponents. So maybe get that up a bit first. Should be quick if you're decent.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm in a weird space. I just started yesterday to play the game. Did all trials, went a bit into training mode and have a very solid understanding of the game - right from the start - much because of my past experience with fighters and Street Fighter 2 - 4 in particular. Everyone I get matched to, is rather - let's say "unexpierenced", but not just to SF V, but fighters in general, so it's pretty much a steamroll to me.

I don't want to play ranked, and getting exp in levels for casual matches is pretty slow (after all trials, level 138 or so). Am I doomed to take my chances with lounges, which are very hit and miss?

Is there anyone in europe who wanna spare a bit that isn't a total pro who will obliterate me? I'm playing Birdie and will be looking into Urien and maybe Alex in the near future.

If you want to be matched correctly you have to play ranked, at least until you hit a plateau. Otherwise you'll be stuck fighting complete beginners in casual, and battle lounges aren't going to be a reliable source of people of similar skill.

Is that event stuff around the same time as last night? That was perfect.

I saw half a dozen copies of SFV in a nearby ASDA (Walmart) for £17 today. It's sad to see it selling so low, but for the amount of hours I've got out of this game, buying it at that price would be an absolute bargain.

Most games after 6 months usually drop drastically in price due to weekly deals and whatever. I copped Just Cause 3 for 25 bucks last week.

Top Bottom