• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
Kind of wanna put Ryu on the sidelines and try to learn necalli

everytime I watch a good necalli player on stream im amazed. But I suck so much with charge moves and hes got one...

Sigmaah

I didn't get the season pass, I got 4 of the 6 dlc from fm. Do I get the season pass for the other shit or I'm better off just spending 12 for last 2 dlc chars and 5 for colors?

Whales

Banned
You have plenty of time to charge with Necalli in his combos.

I'll try him out

The amount of effort that I went into scouting for ryu tho... Watching all these daigo and tokido replays... All gonna be gone, gonna need to start watching good necalli players

Any suggestions? I actually remember one necalli player who was good af but I forgot who he was...

tbh I also wanna try out balrog, but im so ass with charge characters it would be a waste

Ibuki doesn't feel that bad but maybe I don't know the matchup

she really isnt

tbh making her reload her kunais faster or making her vtrigger 2 bars would make her insanely too good. Thats my opinion tho

Kashiwaba

I saw half a dozen copies of SFV in a nearby ASDA (Walmart) for £17 today. It's sad to see it selling so low, but for the amount of hours I've got out of this game, buying it at that price would be an absolute bargain.
I don't regret getting the game at full price i already put over 300 hours into it but Capcom got no one to blame but themselves for releasing the game like that.

I saw half a dozen copies of SFV in a nearby ASDA (Walmart) for £17 today. It's sad to see it selling so low, but for the amount of hours I've got out of this game, buying it at that price would be an absolute bargain.

People seem to forget that SF5 has been out for 8 months now...

Most games get marked down after a few months, let alone 8.

mbpm1

So like

Gief's V-trigger isn't a real mixup on block right?

If you get sucked in on block you can always mash out if he doesn't hit you with the lariat bc he'll be at disavantage, and if he does hit you it's a true block string and you won't get counterhit right

What's the advantage? Over +1? Is he still at advantage if he activates while you're falling down from a jab?

I wanna say +2 or 3 since I'm ALMOST certain he will beat 3 framers under those circumstances. I've never tried it after an air recovery. That might depend on the height of the opponent since activation does have a lot of start up. I've never tried it and I've never seen any other Gief try it lol.

Edit: Seems to be +3 as a meaty on wake up since I'm beating Ryu's st.lp with SPD.

That costume does look nice and the "let the Capcom Cup winner decide on a costume" thing is a cool idea.

Still not getting that CPT bundle though.

EDIT: So the Red Bull sponsored costumes for Ryu and Chun-Li are.... weird. Ryu looks like a japanese Flava Flav and Chun-Li looks like a Latina prostitute from the 90s.

mbpm1

I don't have juri so I can't test her vskill. Do low jabs beat it? Jumping forward?

You can hit her with anything after she crosses behind you and reappears. Throws, etc. Just hit buttons after she disappears from sight and you'll counterhit her

I think anyone worrying about Urien's traditional SFIII costume not making it in due to censorship can probably put that fear to rest now after seeing Urien's premium alt. That tattered tunic flips around more than Marilyn Monroe's dress in the Seven Year Itch, and his junk is all up on it.

And considering one of the Capcom reps actually dressed up like SFIII Urien for the stage show, I think it's just a matter of time. (Still a bit anxious personally, but I'm feeling more confident about it now.)

Necalli looks great, but those Ryu & Chun-Li outfits are so tacky.

Ryu looked like he made a visit to Flavor Flav's closet, circa 1995.

JayEH

Looks like they changed the order of the characters on the select screen. Maybe that's just some quirk since it's a pre release build though.

Zackat

man those costumes are just so bad, I had to come back and look at them again.

like what on earth?

how are they even related to redbull?

couldn't they have just put them in some cool jumpsuits or something? sneakers and sunglasses, idk.

those are just terrible.

the necalli one is cool enough, at least. you can see it was designed by a person and not a marketing team.

Palom

Has something happened with the game in the last day or two? On the PS4 version, it's become almost unplayable in training mode while searching for a match. I get frame rate dips into the 20s, even on the training stage, and it's near impossible to time anything correctly. And it's not just when it's about to match up with someone, it's incessant.

Shadoken

I'm learning how frame data works. I decided to not mash dp. Are all DPs invincible though? I'm not sure that Ibuki's is.

You'll go far in fighting games, my friend.

If you don't want to do a DP when your opponent is repeatedly doing a predictable block string then idk , your road to fighting games will be harder than ever if you refuse to use tools given to you. Solid defense and blocking skill is great to have , but you also need to tell your opponent he can't just walk all over you. ( assuming you are a character with access to this that is )

And no not all DPs are invincible. Also I believe Ibukis EX DP is an invincible move. You might wanna double check with SRK frame data wiki.

JayEH

Has something happened with the game in the last day or two? On the PS4 version, it's become almost unplayable in training mode while searching for a match. I get frame rate dips into the 20s, even on the training stage, and it's near impossible to time anything correctly. And it's not just when it's about to match up with someone, it's incessant.

has your PS4 been fine with other games?

JayEH

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

It's Flavor Flav actually.

and Sassy Latina.

EDIT: And I just realized that the Red Bull logo on Chun's outfit is on her butt. Jesus Capcom, what happened?

『Inaba Resident』;217240260 said:
Dropping the ball so much that you still feel the need to pop in the OT just to post garbage.

I posted my opinion and what? I like how new members are trynna g check me. Fall back.

Top Bottom