• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SSReborn

I don't have many games to test, but DOA seems fine. I'll just shut down the PS4 completely instead of using rest mode and try again tomorrow.

Does this happen in the menu's as well and the other screens of the game? If so it my friend has had this same issue and it actually ended up being his ps4. It was confirmed when the same issue started happening in KOF.

KingBroly

Banned
Why is that do-nothing jobber Necalli getting a new costume?

'oh look at my awesome badassness. Oh noes, I got punched in the face, time to melt into water to hide the fact that I pissed my self. DEVOUR HOUR HOUR.'

'oh look at my awesome badassness. Oh noes, I got punched in the face, time to melt into water to hide the fact that I pissed my self. DEVOUR HOUR HOUR.'

By that logic, Chun-Li shouldn't have gotten any costumes. The most significant thing she does in the story mode is push a little girl's face in between her chest.

And Kazunoko, the winner of Capcom Cup 2015, was consulted on which character should get a premium costume and what it should look like. They're probably going to do that for every capcom cup winner so the winner of this year will have "their own" costume come out next year and so forth.

Palom

Does this happen in the menu's as well and the other screens of the game? If so it my friend has had this same issue and it actually ended up being his ps4. It was confirmed when the same issue started happening in KOF.
I didn't notice anything wrong with the menus. I just tested it for a few minutes after shutting down the PS4 completely, and it seemed better. Maybe there's a memory leak in the Amazon or Vudu app or something; I recently used those. I'll play a bit longer tomorrow to verify.

Kazunoko got to pick a costume because he won Capcom Cup. At the time (I think pre release), Kazunoko was thinking of maining Necalli so that is why Necalli gets a special costume. Once the game released he switched to Cammy and now he doesn't get to use the costume he wanted.

KingBroly

Banned
Kazunoko got to pick a costume because he won Capcom Cup. At the time (I think pre release), Kazunoko was thinking of maining Necalli so that is why Necalli gets a special costume. Once the game released he switched to Cammy and now he doesn't get to use the costume he wanted.

Note: Never let Pro Players make business decisions for fighting games

OrochiJR

Chun-Li looks pretty hot, but the costume and hair reminds me too much of C. Viper and makes me hope she makes it in the game with season 2.

Does Ryu have a mustache in that outfit?? Can't really make it out on the artworks. Edit: just took a closer look and he does indeed have a mustache.

Necalli looks badass, although having a samurai themed outfit for him seems pretty out of character. Still cool though.

welp, it happen, because of my stupid connection capcom ban me 2 days before playing again and cut my LP by 1000. What give capcom, cant you see its not my fault!! unfuckingbelievable. And it only on CASUAL

Dunkelgrau

I hated Street Fighter my whole life as a gamer (always liked Mortal Kombat more). Especially those semi-circle actions with the controllers made me very angry.

But I love the graphics of Street Fighter V since I first saw them.

Is it worth to buy it just for five to ten hours (I don't like multi-player at all)? I think the metacritic-scores are because all the things Capcom has done in the past with this release?

]blacky[;217247607 said:
I hated Street Fighter my whole life as a gamer (always liked Mortal Kombat more). Especially those semi-circle actions with the controllers made me very angry.

Is it worth to buy it just for five to ten hours (I don't like multi-player at all)? I think the metacritic-scores are because all the things Capcom has done in the past with this release?
Honestly, my suggestion would be to wait a little longer if single player is literally the only thing you're interested in. Unless you manage to get it for 30-25$ or less, it's not worth it for the SP component alone.

The Story mode is campy and cheesy as hell but a lot of fun. The other single player components really aren't that fleshed out. There are trials and stuff but they're basic and function more to get you familiar with the character for general play.

Competitive and Online play has been the focus for the game so far in it's life and I imagine single player stuff will become more of a priority next year.

FireSol

]blacky[;217247607 said:

In my opinion metacritic-scores like that because its cool to hate things this gen. Capcom was pretty clear with their message before game released, but ppl live in their own fantasies and they missed everything Capcom were saying.
If you'll buy the game, give MP a try

fresquito

In my opinion metacritic-scores like that because its cool to hate things this gen. Capcom was pretty clear with their message before game released, but ppl live in their own fantasies and they missed everything Capcom were saying.
I surely forgot their info on crappy servers, appalling loading times, 8f, hardware incompatibilities, etc..

Steroyd

Capcom may have been transparent in what the game doesn't have but that doesn't mean the game is a step backwards in terms of content compared to previous SF games, nevermind compared to other fighting games.

Edit: *At launch.

MrCarter

]blacky[;217247607 said:

Now is the best time to buy SFV as the September update is substantial and will have many thing things included to enhance your time with the game. Meta critic scores from users are toxic but the critic ones are fine - and most of those issues have been ironed out now or will be this time next week.

]blacky[;217249407 said:
Ah, there is a big update next week?
Since the game is only 29 bucks here (used even cheaper), I will give it a try.

What the hell is the Street Fighter V - Hot Package?

A Japan only edition that contains the game, an alternate costume for Ryu and Chun-Li (as shown on the cover) and the best box art ever made for any video game ever. It was also supposed to give Zenny which was supposed to be the currency for in-game purchases that involve real money but that idea got scrapped and now purchases are made through the PSN/Steam storefront.

EDIT: SO GOOD!!

81RyQJ49ZQL._SL1500_.jpg

Dominican and Broly. Two shitposters in one topic? I don't know if we can take the weight.

So if they are dropping the update on the 23rd their time, does that mean midnight the 22nd for us?

FireSol

I surely forgot their info on crappy servers, appalling loading times, 8f, hardware incompatibilities, etc..

8 frames was there since first beta and ppl wasnt vocal about it till some pros began to blame it for their loses. But I agree with servers and hardware

Capcom may have been transparent in what the game doesn't have but that doesn't mean the game is a step backwards in terms of content compared to previous SF games, nevermind compared to other fighting games.

Edit: *At launch.

In terms of content, yes, it was lacking compared to other games, buy they couldn't hold it because of CPT, maybe September release would be better and not that disastrous

Hutchie

Hopefully an arcade mode is done by the end of the year, along with boss rush. Looking forward to season 2 as well. Please give us yun, yang and akuma

MrCarter

Hopefully an arcade mode is done by the end of the year, along with boss rush. Looking forward to season 2 as well. Please give us yun, yang and akuma

I have a feeling arcade mode will be released along side SFV's arcade release in Japan and across the world. Hopefully it's very soon.

I think anyone worrying about Urien's traditional SFIII costume making it in due to censorship can probably put that fear to rest now after seeing Urien's premium alt. That tattered tunic flips around more than Marilyn Monroe's dress in the Seven Year Itch, and his junk is all up on it.

And considering one of the Capcom reps actually dressed up like SFIII Urien for the stage show, I think it's just a matter of time. (Still a bit anxious about it personally, but I'm feeling more confident about it now.)

Necalli looks great, but those Ryu & Chun-Li outfits are so tacky.

Ryu looked like he made a visit to Flavor Flav's closet, circa 1995.

Hah! But yah, my first thought was Humpty Hump myself.

Chun-Li's costume might be off (maybe its better in-game), but Ryu's is great! That bucket hat is godlike. I want 80's - 90's era-styled costumes for everyone. Ken in jeans and a jean jacket, Cammy in an aerobic outfit with legwarmers, or Urien in a Miami Vice-style suit.

stn

That Necalli alt is great, others suck. Capcom might as well let Kazunoko design every alt costume from here on.

That alt is actually pretty good though.
Necalli's alt is definitely the winner this time around even I'll never understand why an Aztec warrior spirit is dressed as a samurai.
Just what we needed, more Ryu and Chun costumes.
It's only fair after all the alts Alex, Rashid and Vega have gott-

I can't even finish that sentence using sarcasm lol.
So no further announcements then? :/

The loincloth vigil continues.
Starting to think we'll be stuck with Alex and Ibuki's weak defaults until November.

not good

Somewhere out there Yams is crying after reading this post.
God that would be boring...
Yun and Yang are definitely the most boring 3S characters that could be added besides Sean. I can see it happening next year after the first season included the best possible 3S choices besides Q and Makoto. Capcpom gonna drop the ball for season 2. I can feel it in my aching bones.

Caj814

I saw the costume concepts before noticing the names they were for. I was thinking it was for Laura and Rashid but then I figured they wouldn't bother since the Chun and Ryu player base dwarf them.

Top Bottom