• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

As much as I want older characters back, I look forward to any new characters they bring to the game. Really hope Azam or Ed will become a playable fighter one day or really anyone from that backlog of character cards they have.

Steroyd

Does anyone know how to meaty in this game? So many Necalli in Japan cup with so many wake up jabs

The fear of wake up DP means you got to make the choice, also doesn't help if you don't gain enough advantage on a knockdown and the oponent does instant wake up jab catching you mid dash.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how to meaty in this game? So many Necalli in Japan cup with so many wake up jabs
One of the most enjoyable matches for me was at this week's WNF when Filipinoman got meaty counter-hit maybe 10 times in a match because he would not stop mashing jab on wake-up.
It's super weird how this still works in high level play.

vg260

Everything damages control ports. The constant plugging and unplugging fucks those ports something fierce.

Yeah, it's just to prevent wear and tear, and also the converters add a lot of length to the connector plugged in, which adds physical strain. It's much easier to replace an extension cord than the port on the console. I use extension cords for all my usb connections to avoid constanly plugging in/out of the computer or console port directly for this reason

vg260

]blacky[;217247607 said:
I hated Street Fighter my whole life as a gamer (always liked Mortal Kombat more). Especially those semi-circle actions with the controllers made me very angry.

But I love the graphics of Street Fighter V since I first saw them.

Is it worth to buy it just for five to ten hours (I don't like multi-player at all)? I think the metacritic-scores are because all the things Capcom has done in the past with this release?

Considering your first paragraph, I would not recommend it, and I love Street Fighter in general. Of course some folks here will try to sell you on it, but I would not recommend it at all for single player, even more so if you always hated the series. There's absolutely nothing here that will convert you if you hated SF and multiplayer.

- J - D -

As much as I want older characters back, I look forward to any new characters they bring to the game. Really hope Azam or Ed will become a playable fighter one day or really anyone from that backlog of character cards they have.

My predictions for season 2:

Azam
Helen
Abel
1 of the Dolls. Probably Juni/Juli. Or Decapre.
Sagat
Sakura

4 of those are characters you actually see in the story mode so they already have models. Makes the most sense.

Skilletor

Considering your first paragraph, I would not recommend it, and I love Street Fighter in general. Of course some folks here will try to sell you on it, but I would not recommend it at all for single player, even more so if you always hated the series. There's absolutely nothing here that will convert you if you hated SF and multiplayer.

I love SF and agree. This is an SF ass SF. There's no reason to buy the game if you have always hated Street Fighter.

Shadoken

This is so stupid man how many costumes with fkin Chun get.

I don't mind main characters getting a few extra , but this is ridiculous. By the end of the game she might have more than the entire cast.

While they are at it might as well make Chun and Ryu the best characters since they are the most popular , oh wait a minute....

VariantX

I don't mind main characters getting a few extra , but this is ridiculous. By the end of the game she might have more than the entire cast.

While they are at it might as well make Chun and Ryu the best characters since they are the most popular , oh wait a minute....

Its the DOA syndrome but compressed down to 1-2 characters.

Chun has always been popular, but not so damn popular that its okay to neglect the rest of the cast when it comes to alts.

My predictions for season 2:

Azam
Helen
Abel
1 of the Dolls. Probably Juni/Juli. Or Decapre.
Sagat
Sakura

4 of those are characters you actually see in the story mode so they already have models. Makes the most sense.

Yup I was thinking the same thing except for Helen. She'd be a cool edition to the roster though. I think the only other characters to show up in some form have been E Honda, C. Viper, Hakan, and Oro.

Shadoken

Also how come Kazunoko did a Necalli costume I thought his main was Cammy ?

Player costumes is a cool idea, Dota 2 has this as well.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I thought C. Viper was pretty much confirmed after playing the prologue stories. She was also in MvC3, so she's one of the more established SF4 characters.

And I love that Captain Commando connection she's got going on.

JayEH

Abel should also be a lock since he even had a full-fledged, animated model in the story mode.

Having a model in the story mode and having a playable character model are completely different. Decapre on the other hand had this so I wouldn't be surprised if she's in even though I would not like it.

Edzi

Every. Single. Week. Gootecks spouts some new nonsense on EA about the 8 frames. I wanna watch the show because of Mike and the guest, but goddamn is Gootecks making it hard.

JayEH

Every. Single. Week. Gootecks spouts some new nonsense on EA about the 8 frames. I wanna watch the show because of Mike and the guest, but goddamn is Gootecks making it hard.

Excuses, excuses. They were close to talking about it last week or the week before but it got cut off but not today lol. It is getting annoying at this point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gootecks has been super salty since V came out. Like he's teaching all this self-improvement stuff and not using it himself.

Do we know if the stage variations (like night time Kanzuki estate) get the animations, too? I like all those versions better than the originals.

Also funny how Chun is getting all these costumes when she's not even in the top 5 most used characters. Guess they didn't expect that.

vg260

Ahhh people still complaining about SFV costumes and pricing in gaming. Such is the sfv life.

I'll complain until they either reduce the cost or offer discounted bundles, because I love alt costumes and want to purchase a bunch of them, but their 4x price increase is insulting. I'm happy to support the game with DLC purchases if they keep the pricing reasonable, but I already bought the season pass to support them unlike a lot of those getting the characters for free, and I'm not going to pay four times what SF and every other games charges for costumes just to subsidize the free characters for everyone else.

I saw the costume concepts before noticing the names they were for. I was thinking it was for Laura and Rashid but then I figured they wouldn't bother since the Chun and Ryu player base dwarf them.
Laura, Necalli, Mika and Bison were all ahead of Chun in terms of online usage just at the release of Balrog/Ibuki. Karin was practically tied with Nash as well.

http://sfv.fightinggame.community/matchup

Its the DOA syndrome but compressed down to 1-2 characters.

Chun has always been popular, but not so damn popular that its okay to neglect the rest of the cast when it comes to alts.
Gootecks has been super salty since V came out. Like he's teaching all this self-improvement stuff and not using it himself.

Do we know if the stage variations (like night time Kanzuki estate) get the animations, too? I like all those versions better than the originals.

Also funny how Chun is getting all these costumes when she's not even in the top 5 most used characters. Guess they didn't expect that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one miffed by this. Capcom is like that one kid that keeps reminding you about their favorite actor or band with religious fervor. It makes me worry about what kind of possible SF3 story they could come up with in season 2 when they can't get over their obsession with Ryu and Street Fighter 2.

JayEH

They did get rid of the Ryu obsession since he was barely even in the story mode and they finally got over the Satsui no Hado story arc. They're going to pick Chun for all these costumes because she's the most popular female character regardless of how many people play her.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Laura, Necalli, Mika and Bison were all ahead of Chun in terms of online usage just at the release of Balrog/Ibuki. Karin was practically tied with Nash as well.

http://sfv.fightinggame.community/matchup

I'm glad I'm not the only one miffed by this. Capcom is like that one kid that keeps reminding you about their favorite actor or band with religious fervor. It makes me worry about what kind of possible SF3 story they could come up with in season 2 when they can't get over their obsession with Ryu and Street Fighter 2.
Naw it was probably redbull who done it. They must have picked ryu and chunners because they are veterans instead od newcomers.

Gootecks is a scrub. He 100% has that scrub mentality. "This is a terrible match-up for Rose", "this isn't real street fighter(I was good in 3S lol)", "the lag" "I can't fight people who play stupid", "wake-up buttons" "I've been playing Mortal Kombat all weekend"

Like its never just "I'm ass, I got outplayed" which is the truth 9 out of 10 times more than anything else

Gootecks might go to a lot of international tournaments just to get bodied, but at least he looks good doing it. That jacket/overcoat of his is pretty slick.

They did get rid of the Ryu obsession since he was barely even in the story mode and they finally got over the Satsui no Hado story arc. They're going to pick Chun for all these costumes because she's the most popular female character regardless of how many people play her.
Ryu might have been the only who did anything important (with his magical butterfly ki) besides Rashid and Karin. I mean, Nash came back after like a decade just to job to Bison lmao. Looking forward to that season 2 Evil Ryu DLC to reaffirm how much Capcom is branching out from the SF2 World Warrior story line. Also, polls are a decent enough indicator of popularity in my book, but once we got match tracking data with hundreds of thousands of matches I think we got a sliiiiiiightly clearer picture than before. I'm not trying to be confrontational on this issue either. It blew my mind that Karin got more play and brought in more DLC money than all the other females. I wasn't even a Karin fanboy before SFV. Shit is nuts, man.
Naw it was probably redbull who done it. They must have picked ryu and chunners because they are veterans instead od newcomers.
Maybe, but I don't think Redbull are the ones responsible for 100% Chun costume saturation or stopping at Hot Ryu and Chun instead of doing more of those alts for the rest of the cast.

Release the banana hammock, Capcom
Gootecks is a scrub. He 100% has that scrub mentality. "This is a terrible match-up for Rose", "this isn't real street fighter(I was good in 3S lol)", "the lag" "I can't fight people who play stupid", "wake-up buttons" "I've been playing Mortal Kombat all weekend"

Like its never just "I'm ass, I got outplayed" which is the truth 9 out of 10 times more than anything else
I laughed harder than I should have.

mooncakes

I thought C. Viper was pretty much confirmed after playing the prologue stories. She was also in MvC3, so she's one of the more established SF4 characters.

And I love that Captain Commando connection she's got going on.

I hope she does not get change a lot like Ibuki. I be disappointed if her super jump or burn-kick/thunder knuckle has some kind of stock meter/fuel system.

mbpm1

I hope she does not get change a lot like Ibuki. I be disappointed if her super jump or burn-kick/thunder knuckle has some kind of stock meter/fuel system.

If she came back they'd make burn kick punishable or slow startup or easy to block or just remove it imo

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did you not finish the story?
Ryu saved the day in the end.

I kind of wonder how someone who doesn't know anything about the franchise took this. That's like introducing Neo in the last five minutes of The Matrix.

So you guys are saying i shouldnt train with gootecks for only $99?
That'll only get you Justin, not Gootecks yet

HiResDes

Gootecks kept going for some really bad meaty setups against Cammy who has a 3 frame normal at her disposal and can do a ton of damage just off of shorts. His Mika is actually decent, but yeah I don't even like watching him play Ryu.

JayEH

I kind of wonder how someone who doesn't know anything about the franchise took this. That's like introducing Neo in the last five minutes of The Matrix.

Yeah of course he will but the story easily could have been Ryu every 3rd fight fighting his killing urges. Instead he's in the beginning and doesn't come back until the end to finish Bison. They needed to finish off the Ryu story line so we can get to what everyone wants. Rashid and Karin got more push than Ryu did.

It was established fairly early what his issue is with the prologue story modes lingering around for months. Then they went over it again when he was talking to Sim and Ken, and then right after he beat Necaili.

For all the problems Story Mode had, explaining Ryu's continuous issue wasn't one of them.

They really should have let people know Bison was in this whole game for a new body. At the end, he's like "Oh yeah, I guess I set all this up to see who's the strongest so I can take over their shit". Barely any of his dialogue references this at all until the very end.

Yeah of course he will but the story easily could have been Ryu every 3rd fight fighting his killing urges. Instead he's in the beginning and doesn't come back until the end to finish Bison. They needed to finish off the Ryu story line so we can get to what everyone wants. Rashid and Karin got more push than Ryu did.

I do agree that Ryu far less screentime than he should have. Charlie seemed more like a main character than him, and so did Rashid. At least people ended up doing something instead of leaving it all to him, but damn give the boy a few fights.

Top Bottom