• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Nah, it says "©ARIKA Co.,Ltd." at the bottom of the page.

This makes it seem likely the two companies are at least in talks about something. I think this is the first time since SFEX3 Capcom has even acknowledged the EX characters alongside their characters. The line at the bottom of Doctrine Dark's profile about a spinoff is a weird thing to say, too. Between that and Darun being Zangief's friend, it's easy to get the impression Capcom's trying to get some kind of a reaction from people about these characters.

It'd be awesome to get Darun, Doctrine Dark, and Scullo in SFV, even as non-canon guest characters. Even that feels like hoping for too much, though.

I hope a Ken player wins the cup so we can finally get one non-joke outfit for him.

Geez Capcom, just put him in a tux with his hair out or something anything.

That sounds pretty decent. But it also should've been up when they launched it.

Pretty much this. Adding clarity really would have helped sales more back then. Obviously it's not too late since I think it will help boost sales of the DLC from now till November. But they definitely could have avoided the backlash they received had they been upfront about this at first. So hopefully this gets a lot people to buy it who were on the fence or didn't plan to just because they want to support the CPT.

Neoxon

Pretty much this. Adding clarity really would have helped sales more back then. Obviously it's not too late since I think it will help boost sales of the DLC from now till November. But they definitely could have avoided the backlash they received had they been upfront about this at first. So hopefully this gets a lot people to buy it who were on the fence or didn't plan to just because they want to support the CPT.
My thoughts exactly. It's obviously not too late, but this should have been prepared much sooner. Hopefully this issue is avoided if they do a CPT 2017 DLC pack for Season 2.

Durden77

Should have had this on release of the DLC pack. Well, I contributed and don't regret it, especially after seeing this breakdown. And I'm glad to see that even though it's overpriced it's seemed to have sold well.

I am more than happy to support the community and Capcom's long term plan for this game/community anyway I can, but I do hope thay next time they handle it a little better. Whether it's with a more reasonable price or with better communication like this.

Shit, we gon find out Friday!

I thought the patch was hitting on the 22nd? That's what it says on Capcom Unity.

LakeEarth

necalli is pretty good character design, story jobbing aside

His role in the story still baffles me to this day. His motivation in "absorbing the power of fighters" seems to be designed specifically to be the deus ex machina for the story mode, either draining Bison of his psycho power or draining Ryu of his evil side. Instead, he shows up here and there, gets his ass kicked, and runs away. Every time.

???

Give me Vulcano Rosso/Shadow Geist.

CsuqmI_WcAA1YgC.jpg

I really really love this outfit.

Edit: Fuuuck, they're getting rid of the bundle in November. If I miss out on it, I'm going to cry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
His role in the story still baffles me to this day. His motivation in "absorbing the power of fighters" seems to be designed specifically to be the deus ex machina for the story mode, either draining Bison of his psycho power or draining Ryu of his evil side. Instead, he shows up here and there, gets his ass kicked, and runs away. Every time.

???
His appearance in the story mode and especially in the prologue stories has me convinced that he was supposed to be different. He has this shape-shifting thing going on, he's supposed to "devour" souls, he turns into liquid. None of that matches his appearance in the actual game.

Failed to Retrieve Data
Failed to Retrieve Data
Failed to Retrieve Data
Failed to Retrieve Data
Failed to Retrieve Data
Failed to Retrieve Data

When was the last maintenance? It's being going on since then with logging in taking much longer by the day.

I think it's like -11 on block so not exactly safe, but it's still a godsend. V-Skill takes almost a full second to stock but once it does you can pretty much play as lame as you want cuz LP Headbutt IS safe on block.

Sure, every character has to be careful with an invincible reversal, but Alex's entire gameplan is focused on oki pressure and even just the threat of an invincible reversal throws a massive monkey wrench into it.

Let's put it this way: the only scenario in which Alex has a clear advantage is if Guile is in the corner with no meter. If Guile is in the corner with meter it's a stalemate as both players have to make a correct guess to gain their momentum back. If both players are in neutral, if Alex is in the corner with or without meter or even if Alex is trying to confirm blockstrings, Guile has the clear advantage. That's one scenario that's good for Alex vs. one that's a stalemate and three that are good for Guile.

There is literally no amount of mental backflips you can perform to try and make this matchup look overwhelmingly good for Alex.

But still it's a huge risk. You are expecting one hard read that may not working again vs a character with good pokes and a solid Jab AA. This is not like SF4 where FADC will undo fuck ups.

- J - D -

I thought Necalli was going to be the actuall 11th hour villain in the game, not Bison, but that wasn't the case. Which is strange because the prerelease stuff focused heavily on Necalli.

That would've been a better way to go, tbh. Both he and Bison had little presence in the story. Allowong Charlie to defeat Bison himself, and then have Necalli absorb whatever psycho power is left and then have him fight Ryu would've been more affecting and end.

I meant fighting Guile. Alex is tough too, but at least I have experience against him. thanks anyway.

Ah I totally misread your post then

mnz said:
His standing jab is godlike...

Its definitely great, but isn't as good as other standing jabs. It stuffs a good amount of jump-ins, but does not fare well against crossups. His air-to-air moves are more reliable. But Im totally basing this on my own personal experience, and I don't have any lab work to prove it isn't godlike.

Skilletor

But still it's a huge risk. You are expecting one hard read that may not working again vs a character with good pokes and a solid Jab AA. This is not like SF4 where FADC will undo fuck ups.

That's...kind of the game. It's a risk, but Alex has to acknowledge that risk. He can't pressure for free, he has to take a risk as well, and the reward guile gets is freedom from the corner in that situation.

I don't know why you think jab AA matters much in the matchup. Guile literally doesn't have to leave the ground.

mbpm1

That's...kind of the game. It's a risk, but Alex has to acknowledge that risk. He can't pressure for free, he has to take a risk as well, and the reward guile gets is freedom from the corner in that situation.

I don't know why you think jab AA matters much in the matchup. Guile literally doesn't have to leave the ground.

And he can pressure Alex pretty much unabated too on wakeup

Exactly. The presence of that risk alone gets in the way of Alex's entire gameplan. Conversely, Alex has no tools that can create that same kind of risk for Guile.

And just to add to your last point: Guile can jump after a Sonic Boom/Cross to negate any risk of being anti-aired, and even if he somehow does get tagged by an AA jab he has his EX Flash Kick to make Alex wary of going for a reset.

I don't see how this is even an argument, tbh.

Shadoken

I thought Necalli was going to be the actuall 11th hour villain in the game, not Bison, but that wasn't the case. Which is strange because the prerelease stuff focused heavily on Necalli.

That would've been a better way to go, tbh. Both he and Bison had little presence in the story. Allowong Charlie to defeat Bison himself, and then have Necalli absorb whatever psycho power is left and then have him fight Ryu would've been more affecting and end.

Yuppp... Charlie and Bison blow up , Necalli swoops in and devours his soul to become mega strong then Ryu beats him.

Having Ryu beat both Necalli and Bison made everyone else seem like complete jobbers. Ryu has already beaten this bozo a million times right? Why AGAIN ffs.

Yuppp... Charlie and Bison blow up , Necalli swoops in and devours his soul to become mega strong then Ryu beats him.

Having Ryu beat both Necalli and Bison made everyone else seem like complete jobbers. Ryu has already beaten this bozo a million times right? Why AGAIN ffs.

It should have been that Bison swoops down and takes Necalli's remaining shit.

Ryu only beat Bison in Alpha 3, but it's been a running theme that Bison wants Ryu's body. Bison's entire plotline was about starting enough shit around the world that Necalli would activate and he'd take over that body. Turns out Necalli was weaker than Ryu, so then he decided he wanted to either use all this extra psycho power to fix his current self, or just take Ryu's body.

And, to be fair, Ryu only won because Charlie absorbed most of Bison's shit. That was the only reason the Illunmanti created him - to nerf Bison enough so they could swoop in and fuck him up.

Top Bottom