• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

And, to be fair, Ryu only won because Charlie absorbed most of Bison's shit. That was the only reason the Illunmanti created him - to nerf Bison enough so they could swoop in and fuck him up.

I mean this is what everyone tells themselves because it gives the story and charlie some redemption. But Capcom didnt even care enough to give Bison his Story costume for the final fight. Which makes no fking sense considering it was a "Story" costume and arguably the best place to use it.

Why does the thought of Bison vs Urien excite me?

I dont think Urien or Gill match up to Bison full power. Urien seems like all talk , he got bodied by Gill and then got bodied by even Chun in 3S.

guilefeelsbadman.

toSN7CR.png

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1281032
So the red bull costumes are a one time thing, capcom is being more proactive with equality in the work place. I wonder how this will translate into the games...

Damn girl.

Edit: my favorite qoute from that capcom thread
Haha yeah.

"I'm not even saying that we shouldn't go forward with Laura's secondary outfit, I'm just saying maybe we shouldn't make that the FIRST extra outfit we release for her, you know?"

Though that being said, Capcom's SF5 schedule is all fucked up, so at this point, I'll accept "we had to" as a valid excuse.

I mean this is what everyone tells themselves because it gives the story and charlie some redemption. But Capcom didnt even care enough to give Bison his Story costume for the final fight. Which makes no fking sense considering it was a "Story" costume and arguably the best place to use it.

I dont think Urien or Gill match up to Bison full power. Urien seems like all talk , he got bodied by Gill and then got bodied by even Chun in 3S.

Well, they show Charlie absorbing Abel's Psycho Power and him reflecting on that, then Charlie realizes he can't beat Bison, so he literally starts the absorbing thing again on the Dictator. Then Bison commentates how useless it was. It would have been better to explain it at some point, but at least it makes more sense than Charlie blowing himself up for no reason.

And Urien didn't get bodied by Chun. She impressed him enough to give her back the kids. Though Gill should be around Bison's level, but definitely not Urien.

Looking forward to any new stuff the data miners can find in the patch ahead of the official unlock. They always pack some extra cosmetic stuff in there.

Shadoken

And Urien didn't get bodied by Chun. She impressed him enough to give her back the kids. Though Gill should be around Bison's level, but definitely not Urien.

I remember reading somewhere that in general the New generation fighters ( SF3 ) were weaker than the OGs. Ryu was not impressed with Alex who supposedly beat Gill. So I dont think Gill would measure up to Bison at full power , probably why Gill even sent Charlie in the first place.

Shadoken

^^ Yea I wonder where that went. Any guesses for what future content is going to be?

I think October and November we should get that Classic Costumes pack, OG Bison stage and maybe some kind of Arcade ladder?

December would be Season 2 announcement at CPT. Maybe January end we'll get the first character.

I remember reading somewhere that in general the New generation fighters ( SF3 ) were weaker than the OGs. Ryu was not impressed with Alex who supposedly beat Gill. So I dont think Gill would measure up to Bison at full power , probably why Gill even sent Charlie in the first place.

Most of them are. In fact, the ones who aren't Urien, Gill, and Oro are probably low tier on the power scale. Alex didn't really beat Gill so much as he just impressed the guy enough to have the latter watch his ass.

Bison at full power is pretty strong though. Like stupidly strong. It took Sakura and Ken fighting him while Sagat was trying to snap Ryu out of Bison's trance, then Ryu finally hitting him with that Shin Shoryuken. But that's only after the psycho drive got blown up, and Bison fought a bunch of dolls and a few other people along the way.

I don't know who would win, but I think it'd be fairly close. Depends on what body he's in.

mbpm1

Who is the best Dictor I should be watching footage of?

It's been a while and I'm rusty with him :s

phenom and tampa bison? I can't even remember the last time I saw a Dictator being played at high level. Maybe you'd have better luck searching through online replays for him.

Marvel

could never
Edit: Ah TY Grim!

phenom and tampa bison? I can't even remember the last time I saw a Dictator being played at high level. Maybe you'd have better luck searching through online replays for him.
Yeah, heard folks dropped him. Watching some old YT stuff for now.

Will hu the leaderboards in a sec.

Neoxon

^^ Yea I wonder where that went. Any guesses for what future content is going to be?

I think October and November we should get that Classic Costumes pack, OG Bison stage and maybe some kind of Arcade ladder?

December would be Season 2 announcement at CPT. Maybe January end we'll get the first character.
It'll probably be in November, if I had to guess. That's when the Red Bull costumes are coming out.

Mizerman

I really want to know the season 2 characters at this point. Or give me a new classy R Mika costume.

I prefer they wait until the conclusion of Capcom Cup to start announcing season 2 content. The hype would be worth it.

Yeah, we'll likely get some stuff between October and November to fill out Season 1.

I thought Necalli was going to be the actuall 11th hour villain in the game, not Bison, but that wasn't the case. Which is strange because the prerelease stuff focused heavily on Necalli.

That would've been a better way to go, tbh. Both he and Bison had little presence in the story. Allowong Charlie to defeat Bison himself, and then have Necalli absorb whatever psycho power is left and then have him fight Ryu would've been more affecting and end.

Necalli dies, Bison takes over Necalli's body for original Final Bisoncalli boss.

Who do you guys lust for the most in S2?

After today's CFN Portal post, Doctrine Dark. Also, any SF1 characters that haven't appeared since SF1, completely reimagined. That was one of the things that was cool about SFA1 and 2 then Capcom kinda lost the plot with SFA3.

Realistically, Oro seems like a lock and I'm interested to see what they do with him.

Edit: Lee could be fun. Capcom reimagined him as a drunken master type character in his CFN Portal art. SF doesn't have one of those yet, and you could do some fun stuff with his V-Skill/V-Trigger. Also, it could be the return of characters puking in Street Fighter for the first time since ST.

latest

Durden77

Who do you guys lust for the most in S2?

Q, Akuma, I think Oro has to be coming and I'm looking forward to that. I think C. Viper should (and will considering the exposure she's getting) be in too.

Blanka, but not for me, for my buddy. I know that feel of getting Guile back in V and I hope he gets that feel with Blanka even though I kind of hate him.

CD'S BAR

Hugo, Q, Sakura, Sagat.

Side note: I played ranked matches for the first time today and got 1k fm from a 3-win streak. Any other streaks earn you fm?

Top Bottom